Buy Avarice in non-plot game?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BO_4

Buy Avarice in non-plot game?

Post by BO_4 » Sun, 6. May 07, 12:01

Is it possible to buy the Unknouwn sector (Avarice) in a non-plot game?

From who you buy it?

How many time do you need to play to be able to buy it?

In wich sector is the audiction?
"Earth calling, Pilot to Co-Pilot:
- Looking for life on this planet Sir, no sine of it!"

Martin Logan
x3

It is possible

Post by Martin Logan » Sun, 6. May 07, 13:32

It is possible to buy it in a non plot game and you buy it from the teladi.
It is found in almost every X-Universe station and does take some time to actualy let you offer on it since you start at 615 milion.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:30

you can only start bidding for it around day 9-10

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Sun, 6. May 07, 23:23

i recently read a BBS message, saying the auction is at 200+ million... do i have to worry about losing/missing the auction? is there an avarice FAQ/guide out there?

Dadamh
x3

Post by Dadamh » Mon, 7. May 07, 00:26

It will tick up and up until it hits 600 million, then you can bid 615.

I don't know how the auction works.

What I do know is that it's limited. Eventually someone else will buy it. I think day 35ish? I left that game seta-ing all night, and BurnIt! bought the sector in the middle of the night. (For 800 million)

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Mon, 7. May 07, 12:20

Does anyone have any specifics on the Avarice purchase.

Such as :

Day you can start bidding
When the last day you can place your first bid is
When the bid finally closes
how much you can start bidding with
and how high can the bidding go
Afraid! You don't know the meaning of the word!!!

TheGunslinger77
x3

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Mon, 7. May 07, 12:43

DjHol wrote:i recently read a BBS message, saying the auction is at 200+ million... do i have to worry about losing/missing the auction? is there an avarice FAQ/guide out there?
I have the same problem: i am on day 6/7, got 20M in my account, 10 UT, around 20 complex, and i am starting to worry about that.. am i late? How long till the final selling auction?

I am also leaving the M7 quest for following just this one...

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Mon, 7. May 07, 20:13

Same here gunslinger.

I've something like 20 UTs, 6 or 7 stations selling high cost products and a small squadron lead by my nemesis in Ceo's Doubt patrolling whilst I do most of the menial work in my Hyperion and with two maxed out Mercury Tankers.

The tankers help get the stations fully loaded quickly to get them going sooner.
Afraid! You don't know the meaning of the word!!!

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Mon, 7. May 07, 21:50

I have the M7 now and all other junk ship in that ship graveyard.
(what the M7's "ship model name" btw?)

I left the Bala Gi missions at the time I have to deliver a trading station, to focus on the Avarice auction. So far, I have only acquired 10,000,000+ credits with the help of 5 UTs and 1 ST (this is my pilot trainer).

I will be focusing all my credits into making UTs... but I dont think I can make 600million+ in a short period of time. I need the information on where/when/how to get this avarice sector.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 7. May 07, 22:12

In my non-plot game (Enemy of the States), the auction terminates around day 13. Some say the auction ends at day 11. The reason for the extra 2 days for my game is because it was a v1.4 game that was upgraded to 2.x. It counts 11 days starting from the upgrade.

IMHO, the biggest roadblock is the amount of money you can earn within the 10 days. The best way to rack in the credits, for me at least, was to use my M7 and go kill Xenon Cap ships for their G-PPCs. After I killed a Xenon cap ships, and it drop G-PPC, I lure the other ships away, then call my freighter(s) in to pick up the G-PPCs.

Hope this helps someone achieving their goals. For me owning Avarice really does not bring anything other than self-satisfaction for meeting a goal.
Last edited by VincentTH on Wed, 9. May 07, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Tue, 8. May 07, 07:42

what weapons did you equip your M7 with?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 9. May 07, 21:39

I have not played the game lately, but here is the loadout from memory (I only play at work and during lunch time, but work is kinda busy lately).

A combination of B-PSG (2 on main) and 1 on each turret with Mass Driver (4 in the main turret), Iron Disruptor (2 on main) and B-HEPT (one in main, and one on each turret).

For the back turrets, I equip one with light and fast firing guns (1 A-PAC + 2 A-IRE) and set to missile defense. The other back turret is equipped with 1 B-PSG and 1 B-HEPT and set to Protect ship. The 2 front turrets are set to attack my target.

I have short-cut key 1 set to select all guns, 2 to select the guns without PSG/ID, 3 to select just the ID, and 4 to select just the MD. I use 1 for the initial attack, 4 when I run low on juice, 3 when I want to capture, and 2 when I have friendlies around.

I disable all but the mis defense turret when in race sectors to avoid the PSG firing on friendlies, and also switch off the PSGs and I/D on the main guns. I only turn the turrets on when in Xenon sectors and far from friendlies.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”