Help with GPPC complex hub

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Belgarion[P]
x2

Help with GPPC complex hub

Post by Belgarion[P] » Sun, 6. May 07, 22:28

Hi Peeps

I'm having some trouble with my GPPC complex. It's made up of some XL and XXL fabs, and all the resources appear to be manufacturing without any problems.

The only problem is that no GPPC's are being made, everything else is building up and up, but no sign of a single GPPC. I've tried to set auto fix resources to no in the AI and then use the comand fix station resources in case that was the problem, but it comes up with unknown command.

As you've probably guessed I'm using Ashleys factories mod.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be??

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Mon, 7. May 07, 03:42

production time on a GPPC is 20400 seconds...5 hours 4 mins without seta 34mins at 1000% seta

and ofcoarse you will need 5100 e-cells 3400 meatsteak/510 rasteroil and 850 ore before it even starts producing

(thats assuming its a vanila GPPC factory, meatsteak is argon, rasteroil is split)

akrules!
x3

Post by akrules! » Mon, 7. May 07, 03:51

This is normal, it happens with me too. Production will only begin when, I believe, there are sufficient resources for the product itself AND enough so that continued production can carry on (ie, if something needs 5000 energy cells, it doesn't start when 5000 energy cells become available otherwise none would be left and production would stop). In practice, it takes my tractor beam factories, also built with Ashley's Mod, about 20 or 30 minutes in real time at SETA x10 for production to actually start (this is not taking into account the actual cycle time of the product). With gamma PPCs, I'd imagine it's actually a little shorter because the cycle time is about 300 minutes compared to the 800 minutes for tractor beams.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Mon, 7. May 07, 13:58

No, because a vanilla GPPC fab will use about 55% of the total resource amount per weapon made.

@OP: Check the mod was installed correctly, reinstal it and see if that works.
Start a new game, cheat yourself a TL, give it a GPPC fab then deploy it, cheat in max resources and see if it works then. If it does, it could be a problem with your save (somehow).
Post what other scripts/mods you have running (you must have some, everyone does :P that would be helpful in trying to work out your problem)
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Belgarion[P]
x2

Thanks

Post by Belgarion[P] » Mon, 7. May 07, 20:14

Thanks for your help people.

I left it to run for a while, and as you said, once it reach a particular level for each intermeadiate it started to produce the PPC's.

Much apprecited

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”