How to increase Argon & Paranid Reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LogicTHX

How to increase Argon & Paranid Reputation

Post by LogicTHX » Mon, 7. May 07, 01:57

Hello, so, I'm a Argon Federation Martial 8%, and a Paranid Tainted Wanderer.

Can someone tell me what ranks I need to get the Argon M2 and M1 ships, and what rank I need to get the Paranid M2 Odysseus captial ships (especially this one, looks like Voyager from Star Trek)

Also, how to increase this reputation, I wasn't aware of it until now, and Im nearing the amount of money to buy some good quality capital ships, thanks in advance!

[ external image ]

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Mon, 7. May 07, 02:01

assassination missions are always a good bet. You probably won't be able to accept any offered by the paranid yet, but you'll have no pronlem with the ones where you kill them (this still increases your rep as they are criminals). Also for argon you get XI (xenon invasion) mission around Black Hole Sun
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

LogicTHX

Post by LogicTHX » Mon, 7. May 07, 02:13

Where do I get assasination missions from Argon.. Black Hole sun right? And for paranid, Im not sure on what to kill in their sectors (they wont even let me in to Empires Edge or Paranid Homeland

dterror

Post by dterror » Mon, 7. May 07, 03:45

When trading with a shipyard, just highlight the ship you would like to purchase. At the bottom of the trade window you will see your current rank on the left, and the necessary rank (if you aren't high enough yet) needed to purchase the ship on the right.

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Mon, 7. May 07, 08:50

Where do I get assasination missions from Argon.. Black Hole sun right?
you are probably thinking of XI missions here as the Argon ones are in BHS and Getsu Fune.

You can get assass. missions in (pretty much?) any station, any race sector. The mark and race offering the mission are random and being able to accept depends on your standing with the race offering the mission not the race of the mark.

Argon are easy, camp in Elenas Fortune is favourite early in the game and for big rep and cash increases, do assass. and XI / XT missions.

Paranid are harder but assass. missions with a Paranid mark and patrolling the Paranid border sectors looking for pirates / yaki / xenon and khaak is good. Tainted Wanderer isn't too far down.

Edit:

BTW as a Tainted Wanderer you can dock in border sectors so you could go around all the stations in Priests Pity, Empires Ridge, Pontifex Exclusion, Emperor Mines, Spring of Belief, Sacred Fire, etc looking for XT (Xenon Taxi) missions. Even if the person requesting the taxi is Paranid it doesn't mean that you will be refused - it doesn't work the same as assassination missions where you need to be neutral to friendly to get accepted. You may still be refused but it'll be random rather than because of your race rep.

Take a few of these and you'll soon get up to neutral status then you can start trading with them, soon as you can enter core sectors, put a ST in Empires Edge, the longer you leave it there the better, even after it gets to level 10 you can still leave it if you want or set it to Universe Trading and put another ST in there.

You can also look out for yaki, pirates & khaak to get a rep increase.

At Tainted Wanderer 0% you'll need to kill about 50 M4 / M3 to get to Unholy Nomad but after that less and less until you are neutral.

Don't try donating to the Paranid until you are at least neutral as they will just take the money and not give you a rep increase. If in doubt, just give the minimum and check your rep before and afterwards, also note that you will either get a message that thanks you or a message that says "thanks but you need to do more than just give us money".

Don't bother selling lots of high value goods, like GPPC, to them if you are less than neutral as you will get tiny rep increases.

If you are desperate and a bit ruthless :D then you could always try getting an Argon donation to boost your rep up then killing a few Argon in Paranid space but be prepared for a big rep drop. If you do this, try and be selective in your targets, don't go after Eclipses as you only get the same rep increase as an M3. Do go after high tech traders, scan them first to see if they have got valuable goods then get them to drop their freight, then whack them. You should get about the same rep increase for a TS or SuperFreighter as for a M3 and it pays a lot better.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Mon, 7. May 07, 18:28

LogicTHX wrote:Where do I get assasination missions from Argon.. Black Hole sun right? And for paranid, Im not sure on what to kill in their sectors (they wont even let me in to Empires Edge or Paranid Homeland
Can't you get in their sectors, or is docking just denied? I've never had such a low rep, so I don't know the restrictions.
But you could build a spacefuel/spaceweed complex in argon space, customers from all races will come and buy from you.
This increases rep with all races at the same time.

Or build some complex with end-products which the Paranids need and make it cheap, then the paranids will come to you (as you can't sell it to them because you are not allowed to dock).

If you can get inside their space, killing pirates always helps to increase rep.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

toomad
x3tc

Post by toomad » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 05:56

Buy energy cells, Ore Belt is close and has a SPP, even 200 will do. Sell energy cells 1 at a time in Emperor Mines.

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 07:05

Kill pirates in Paranid space, Khaak and Xenon should work as well but you won't find them as often as Pirates, even killing Duke's Freight Transports will work in your favor and you might even be able to cap some of them. If you're rank is low you might still be able to receive missions from Paranid stations. Wherever you are try comming stations for missions if it is a Paranid who is offering the mission it will increase rank with them, even if you got the mission in another races territory.

Another option that might not work for you because you want to increase Argon rank too, is to kill Argon pilots in Paranid space or vice versa for Argon rep.
Spoiler
Show
Go to Priest's Pity
There's usually a Pirate Base there or in a sector nearby in Paranid Space.
Usually lots of pirates there to kill or you could wipe out the pirate base/lasertowers defending it.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 08:50

toomad wrote:Buy energy cells, Ore Belt is close and has a SPP, even 200 will do. Sell energy cells 1 at a time in Emperor Mines.

so you're saying that i gain 200x more rep by actually doing 200 transactions of 1 rather then 1 transaction of 200???

toomad
x3tc

Post by toomad » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 14:39

p00fer wrote:
toomad wrote:Buy energy cells, Ore Belt is close and has a SPP, even 200 will do. Sell energy cells 1 at a time in Emperor Mines.

so you're saying that i gain 200x more rep by actually doing 200 transactions of 1 rather then 1 transaction of 200???
Confirmed, except the number was closer to 220.

Sell 200 Energy Cells at once:
Paranid Unholy Nomad went from 46% to 46%, no change.

Sell 200 Energy Cells 1 at a time:
PUN went from 46% to 82%.

Sell 200 Energy Cells 10 at a time:
PUN went from 46% to 60%.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 16:33

I had that same Paranid rank, so I built a Weed complex in Moo Kyes Revenge and the Paranid bought enough weed that I could go back into their core sectors and do missions.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 19:19

im so boosting all my reps now....dammit i even bothered to build a space fuel next to dukes (before he got blown up of course....

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 00:40

Perhaps the OP should state what game he's playing, cause if it's X3R there's no TC style missions and people can then advise correctly based on the game.
No glory for you!

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 00:58

Prophet1 wrote:Perhaps the OP should state what game he's playing, cause if it's X3R there's no TC style missions and people can then advise correctly based on the game.
Just wondering why noone has noticed that the OP posted this waaaaaaay back in 2007. Then toomad performed some thread necromancy and here we are. :skull:

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 14:44

Oops. You're right. :oops: Well, I'll be checking the dates for sure in the future. thanks for pointing out the necro.
No glory for you!

toomad
x3tc

Post by toomad » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 18:09

Oops, I was searching for I don't even recall what and ran into this thread. This was an accidental zombie outbreak and hopefully won't happen again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”