i love flak cannons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crawlerw
x3tc

i love flak cannons

Post by crawlerw » Mon, 7. May 07, 12:45

my titan now have a desent amount of flak cannons 8 im still missing 8 to have a fulls set.

well xenon dont really like flak.
im talking about the LX here i just got 2 to bail from the flak fire.
with full shields.
My only problem is that i cant pick them bacause of the 4 K's and two j's that are currently in my sensor range, they are moving in fast

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. May 07, 12:53

Flak my favourite X3 weapon. I love the sound of rolling thinder in the morning accompanied by the crackle of trashed Xenon electronics. One weapon where the alpha versions need not be shunned but warmly embraced. I hope ES don't feel the need to tweak this one too much in the future.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Mon, 7. May 07, 12:54

just how great is the AFLAK range ? i have been wondering

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 7. May 07, 13:00

crawlerw wrote:just how great is the AFLAK range ? i have been wondering
Don't know the statistics all I know is a full bank pretty much does the business against even M6's like the P if kept on target a few seconds. M3+ M3 last a couple of seconds while M4's and M5 usually more or less just go boom. Good enough. Some think the range is a bit on the short side but if you close / turn toward the target...
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Mon, 7. May 07, 13:33

I think it's pretty much 1.5 for each, but I've had issues of no auto-track till 1.25 with the alpha
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Mon, 7. May 07, 13:51

Wasnt the flak a boron made weapon?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Mon, 7. May 07, 14:16

it is just bought a flak factory just because i cant seem to buy them anywhere :evil:
Ocean Of Fantasy its a nice little back water system with a few bad sectors close by

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 7. May 07, 14:26

Stick flaks on left, gppc's on right, flaks on top. Add an ahept to each flak bank to increase the effective range untill you can get more flak, then set your top and right turret to attack my target. The xenon shall no longer bother thee.

Thou shalt also recieve many more flack guns from the wreckage of thine enemies.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 7. May 07, 14:39

crawlerw wrote:it is just bought a flak factory just because i cant seem to buy them anywhere :evil:
Ocean Of Fantasy its a nice little back water system with a few bad sectors close by
Same with me, that's one of the reasons I'm setting up a superhub - I'm fed up with sending my weapons carriers all over the X-iverse for hard to find weapons. FAA factories seem to have dissapeared. :rant:
Used to have them in Interworlds, and Red Light, and some Split sector, cant recall which.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 7. May 07, 14:44

philip_hughes wrote:Stick flaks on left, gppc's on right, flaks on top. Add an ahept to each flak bank to increase the effective range untill you can get more flak, then set your top and right turret to attack my target. The xenon shall no longer bother thee.

Thou shalt also recieve many more flack guns from the wreckage of thine enemies.
I thought it was not a good idea to mix weapons on the same turret-grouping due to reduced tracking efficiency? Some folks are adament this is so.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Daveofthewood
x3

Post by Daveofthewood » Mon, 7. May 07, 14:45

I too love flaks, but although the alphas are good, Beta Flaks have a better range and are more powerful, i've equipped my captured Xenon K with Gppc's up front and Beta everywhere alse and it's unstoppable, after the K though id use the Python with flaks everywhere but up front...nearly as unstoppable!
Too close for missiles, switching to guns

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 7. May 07, 15:19

ThommoHawk wrote:I thought it was not a good idea to mix weapons on the same turret
Depends on the mix. Mixing with PPC is clearly bad.

PSG is an area-effect weapon and its effect extends clearly outside its nominal range. As long as it fires in the general direction, it will hit. FAA may or may not have area-effect, but its bullet speed makes it hit anyway. So any reasonable way to extend their range is a good tradeoff. PAC has a bit better range than PSG/FAA and tracks quite fast. Too bad not all turrets take them. HEPT and CIG track slower, and CIG has unnecessary long range.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”