Wingman Woes

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

Wingman Woes

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 7. May 07, 16:19

So, I have 3 LXs. I fly one. The other two were sitting in dry dock. So I think to myself "It might be fun to have these as wingmen". So I duly kit them out. Weapon them up and send them on their way to pick up Jump Drives using them to OOS pirates along the way.

One LX takes the lead. The other is set to "protect" the first. Note - they are not yet wingmen because they're not ready to keep up with me (no JD)

So they get to Home of Light and buy themselves Jumpdrives and energy.

LX2 is still set to protect LX1. I tell LX one to jump and LX2 promptly jumps with him. "Neat!" I say to myself.

So they jump into sector with me. I duly tell them to "Protect Me". Then I dock. I get an assasination mission. I undock, I tell them once again to "Protect Me" (just in case docking upsets their orders) they have oodles of eCells. I jump to the target's sector annnnnnd - My wingment DONT jump with me. Instead they take an 8 sector sight seeing trip (or would have done if I hadn't manually jumped them). Anyway, we take down the mission , TL + 2xM6 + 2x M3 and I jump out. Once again they take the long route despite having plenty of eCells to jump with me.

So, 3 questions on wingmen:

1) is there any way I can get my wingmen to jump with me without having to manually command each one?

2) Do I get kill credit on my ranking for kills my wingmen make (pilot is listed as Julian so I'm hoping so).

3) If so,do I get kill credit for kills they make OOS?

stephenhealey
x3tc

Post by stephenhealey » Mon, 7. May 07, 16:26

Hi Luke,

Sorry dont know the answer to points 2 & 3 but for point 1:

The wingmen will jump with you so long as you go through the menu... dont use the shortcut CTRL or shift & J????

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 7. May 07, 16:34

Now that's strange. I shall give it a go, thanks.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 7. May 07, 16:43

Yep, I've noticed that too. Hotkey jump leaves wingmen behind. Using your ships Command Console 'Jump to sector / and fly to station' works, they should jump with you. (wingmen must be set to protect or follow you). Also used to get a window to enter how many ships following are to jump with me = enter how many wingmen there are and your own ship = 3.

One other thing, if you undocked from station your wingmen are in and jump before they undock they don't jump. All need to be in space to jump with you. 8)

Far as I know, only ships you personally eliminate are credited to your rep rank.
Last edited by ThommoHawk on Mon, 7. May 07, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 7. May 07, 16:49

Thanks for that tip too. It's the kind of thing I'd forget.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”