OMG my Home Of Light just dissapeared

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadowfang2
x3

OMG my Home Of Light just dissapeared

Post by shadowfang2 » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:22

i have 2 kaacky carriers and 1 destroyer in HOL and everything inc terracorp hq has been wasted :(((((

i cannot kill them

will my hol return ? or is it gone forever.
[ external image ]

Live Long and Prosper

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:28

Now that's comedy. Worry not. You still have the Goner Temple for JD and Transporters. Same with Elysium of Light, they sell Jump Drives there too. I suspect though that the Terra Corp Headquaters will respawn. However, unless you manage to oust those Kha'ak they'll just destroy everything again. I currently have the same problem in Interworlds.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:28

the terracorp HQ and the tradign dock will return, but GoD will take his time in placing everything else there. Better go buy yourself and elephant boy, to deal with those kha'ak destroyers
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:29

KEWL! :o

A real Kha'ak attack? Haven't seen much of interest like that in my X3. The pirates seem pretty busy, but thats all.

Count yer blessings.

ReggieReddog
x3

Post by ReggieReddog » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:30

Wow that sux about terra corp. But you've been here a year and you still can't kill a Khock? Super easy with an Elephant...

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:34

easier with a python :split:
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

shadowfang2
x3

Post by shadowfang2 » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:34

lol i have technically been here longer then a year but i never been a big bucks person. my empire either gets to big and i spend more time managing it then actually playing the game and i start a new one or i just get a little board with running around in an elephant all day.
[ external image ]

Live Long and Prosper

Switch 9
x2

Post by Switch 9 » Tue, 8. May 07, 23:15

Scale Plate Green is looking a little worse for wear.

infohata
x4

Post by infohata » Tue, 8. May 07, 23:59

My Personal Khaak destroyer is Eclipse, and i'm planning to move on something smaller with MD's cappable (yeye, Buzzard with only 5MJ shielding, but it's speed will kill Khaaaaaakzzzz!)... did i mention that 148m/s can evade kyons?! yey!!
Pick the Best, kick the rest...
Travel more! :)
CodeMaster

Dadamh
x3

Post by Dadamh » Wed, 9. May 07, 03:11

Thuruk's Beard has two Xenon M1s in it in my BA start game. Been there since like hour four. The sector is a wasteland. :(

My mamba full of APACs isn't up to the task of destroying them.

Husky_Alpha_I

Post by Husky_Alpha_I » Wed, 9. May 07, 03:33

ya, i had two carriers and round 50 fighters spawn in kingdoms end within the 1st 30 minutes. i dont think i could have fought them of in my disco... and when i tried to engage the outer wave of fighters those gamma kyons hit me hard... so ya i dont expect to be purchasing from kingdom end for awhile...

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 9. May 07, 06:11

Here is a list of similar events that happens in several of my games:

- 2 Khaaks destroyers completely wipe out Barren Shore, Ironically it was also the first time in X3 I made a jump to Barren Shore and it was indeed Barren, nothing save the two destroyers. I thought that's the reason it was named that way (talking about concidence). It's not until my second game I find out what an bustling weapon industry it has :lol:

- Khaak and Pirate together completely wipe out Cloud Base South East, yeah, not even the Equipment Dock was left standing, how they did that I don't know. It was really a mess in there.

- 2 Khaak destroyers in the upper corner of Kingdom End, luckily for some reason they disappears a few day later without any damage to the sector *phew*

- And in all of my games, given enough time the Pirate always clear Ceo's Doubt including the Trading Station. Since the sector is not my favorite spot I never made an attemp to defend it (which is something I consider doing this time around)

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Wed, 9. May 07, 09:50

In my last start as Kha'ak Invander there are 2 Kha'ak Invations almost from the start of the game. The first in Emperosr Ridge and the second Emperor Mines.

:? :gruebel:
If count and my Invation there are three of them :P

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 9. May 07, 10:12

I have an invasion in HoL and Omicron Lyre *irony*, rousted both of them in the end though.

Elephant with BPPC will sort out Khaak Destroyers in no time.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Wed, 9. May 07, 10:35

you can kill a kha'ak destroyer with an M3 so there is no need to waste money on a capital ship :lol:

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Wed, 9. May 07, 12:20

crawlerw wrote:you can kill a kha'ak destroyer with an M3 so there is no need to waste money on a capital ship :lol:
talking about boredom :P
The answer is just another question.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 9. May 07, 13:15

crawlerw wrote:you can kill a kha'ak destroyer with an M3
you can. Not all do. Particularly, if they do not fancy reloading until they succeed.

Elephant is still a TL. TL has many uses.

Two sectors about game day two. That is the usual story of Kha'ak "invasions". Sometimes the natives deal with them before the player even visits the sector.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 9. May 07, 13:22

jlehtone wrote: Two sectors about game day two. That is the usual story of Kha'ak "invasions". Sometimes the natives deal with them before the player even visits the sector.
In both my game starts only one sector has ever been infested with the khaak. In the first instance i waited until i could get an m2 and toasted them quickly, most recently i used the elephant technique to remove them. Though in this instance there were still pleny of stations in sector, the khaak just seemed to be interested in clearing the space lanes of ships. I suppose in both cases the other locations could have been core sectors and as you said the natives delt with them.

Anubis_xian
x3

Post by Anubis_xian » Wed, 9. May 07, 13:43

Kingdom End got hosed by 2 Khaak destroyers and a carrier on or around game day 3 for me... wiped out just about everything but the shipyard.

GOD respawned a bunch of factories, but I'm not sure if they're the same ones.

I had a similar M2/M1 invasion in Elena's Fortune... blew up a few facts, and then tried to take out the trading station, but was never able to do enough damage to it...

Then I got the Race Emergency Response script (or something like it)... a few Argon cap ships hopped in, cleaned up, and left... I like that script... :twisted:

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 9. May 07, 13:55

I have only had one and it wansn't even an invasion really, in Rhonkars Fire. One Khaak carrier, one Destroyer, and about 5 clusters which I got with hammerhead missiles, in a Centaur. I left the capital ships alone for ages and they just hung out away from the centre. I eventually destroyed them. (can be done wth one Centaur if you have saved up enough Hammerheads / Typhoons. Just stay out of range.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”