X3 - Why don't wingmen jump with me?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DjHol

X3 - Why don't wingmen jump with me?

Post by DjHol » Wed, 9. May 07, 23:20

Here in X3, why don't my wingmen (or any ship following me) jump with me? How do I make my ships automatically jump when the ship they're following/protecting jumps?

I remember back in X2 I used to do this, but that was so long ago I forget if I had a mod installed. If so, which one? Isn't that included in the x2 bonus plugin? Anyway, help!

[QBS]Buck_GB

Post by [QBS]Buck_GB » Wed, 9. May 07, 23:30

Are all your ships fitted with Jump Drives??

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Wed, 9. May 07, 23:35

yes. They have jumpdrives, and have energy cells. I made they did for the experiment (to find out if they'll jump with me).

Aside from the jumpdrive and ecells, what else do they need?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 9. May 07, 23:45

They jump only if you use the full command, not the shortcut (shift-j)
Right on commander !

Switch 9
x2

Post by Switch 9 » Wed, 9. May 07, 23:57

There is a wingmen/squadron script that means that an order given to any ship within a single squadron will repeat it to every other ship in the squadron.

Dadamh
x3

Post by Dadamh » Thu, 10. May 07, 11:54

They may also need Navigation Command Software Mk 1. I know you don't get a Jump command without it.

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Fri, 11. May 07, 20:55

Dadamh wrote:They may also need Navigation Command Software Mk 1. I know you don't get a Jump command without it.
i even got to the point when i equiped them with everything via getsu fune, but I still cant make them jump with me automatically. is there something wrong with my game or this is just not possible in X3 vanilla+bonus?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 11. May 07, 22:51

Exactly how are you initiating the jump? If you use Shift+J then your wingmen will NOT jump with you. You have to issue the jump command via your ship's command console in order for your wingmen to follow suit.

froggyboy
x3tc

Post by froggyboy » Fri, 11. May 07, 22:53

I have had wingmen jump with me and do the sector stroll. It may just be that the sector you jumped to was out of their ecell range.

for m3/m4/m5 I think it's 5ecells per sector jump. So if they have 50 ecells than can only jump 10 sectors from current position.

Just run a test and do a full jump command. Jump 5 sectors over and see if they jump in behind you, refill their ecells and jump 10 sectors and see if they jump. You may have to leap frog the squad; ie: jump from SPP sector to SPP sector to constantly resupply the cells.

I usually have a mixed wing setup and the jump ranges vary, try to go with the small sector jumps if that's the case.

Then try a shortcut <shift> j approach and see if they jump.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sat, 12. May 07, 06:26

I found that very annoying, would be eaier to jump inside carrior or TL? It's lot of work to give all enery to fighter everytime you jump 5 or 10 sectors.

dterror

Post by dterror » Sat, 12. May 07, 10:05

It's usually easier, and cheaper on the E-Cells if you have 5+ ships, to jump using a carrier of some sort. My Elephant is used more as a floating supply station/jump carrier than anything else.

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Sat, 12. May 07, 11:37

pjknibbs wrote:Exactly how are you initiating the jump? If you use Shift+J then your wingmen will NOT jump with you. You have to issue the jump command via your ship's command console in order for your wingmen to follow suit.
i get it now. wingmen and other ships following the player ship WILL jump only if the player orders his current ship to jump, and not by manual jump (shift-j). is this correct?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 12. May 07, 13:19

yes
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”