avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lurus

avarice

Post by lurus » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:00

avarice is there any good reason to bid on this system 650mill is alot of money

Johnnyonoes

Post by Johnnyonoes » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:32

Unless you feel the need to have some sort of a hardcore status.

The only reason why I got it was that I didn't want to leave anything undone.

-JO

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 21. May 07, 17:42

I made a post about Avarice last night. I raised the cash, but decided to keep it. Spending the first 11 game days doing nothing but hoarding cash wasn't really my cup of tea either. There's better fun to be had in X3. :)

Fraustbite

Post by Fraustbite » Mon, 21. May 07, 19:02

Use the money you would spend buying Averice to crush the Universe into submission and take whatever sector you want for yourself.Who would be able to stand against you?
Just look at your Universe map and say to yourself Eaney Meaney Miney Mow and take whatever Sector you want for free.
Buy ships not space for one is free the other is not. :)

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Mon, 21. May 07, 22:32

It makes for a fine milestone. See, theory shows that with games like these you can make unlimited money in unlimited days. It's up to you if you can handle it for that long but, money is therefor naught but a tool. Whatever amount you 'finally' gain, you can get back quicker... (I'm aware of the maximum amount of credits you can keep on board, but it's editable, and there already is a script that adds a bank-account.

Since
Avarice = 615.000.000 Cr
and
615.000.000 < unlimited Cr,
you could say Avarice is cheap compared to what you can ultimately gain in your bank account. even if you have that 2.000 Billion. :P

When you have unlimited time to play a game out, there's no need to quickly finish off any quests either, if there's no time limit! But when you've done all the non-random quests out there, you might get bored rather quickly doing the same ol' same ol' go-fetch like quests.

Other goals might include;
- Overtaking every sector
- Kill everything
- Own everything
- Make the biggest non-CTD complex ever
- Script till you drop
- Play out the non-random missions with the suckiest ship there is.
- Etc.

I'll leave it at that. :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”