SETA 10x.. where can you get it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

purza

SETA 10x.. where can you get it?

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 04:50

It seems funny that no-one else seems to have asked this question.. like I must have missed something quite obvious, but where do you get SETA 10X?

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Fri, 25. May 07, 04:56

You know I had the same problem, but it turns out to be an option in your game options. Any SETA can do ANY level of time compression between 2 and 10, it's just set by default to 6.

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 04:57

:idea: aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :idea:

Thanks!

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Fri, 25. May 07, 05:01

N'problem.

I should also get credit for not making a Wizard of Oz, 'you've had the power all along!' reference.

...Aw, damnit.

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 05:57

man this game is intricate, it really does need a forum like this..!

Mickwild
x3

Post by Mickwild » Fri, 25. May 07, 12:01

Its a very diverse game indeed, beware of over using seta as it can cost you ranking levels if you just leave it on to build up money, the game does expect you to take an active part in the game play and will usually penalise you for over seta use, ie all night seta etc.

Enjoy this great game :)

Mike
[ external image ]

Please visit us for all your questions and idea's click on the link above

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 12:16

yeah i would take the view that that is a form of cheating, I mainly wanted SETA 10 because even with 6X long-haul flights and waiting for things to dock was boring at times..

It certainly is a great, but man, it needs a good comprehensive manual - coming to grips with how it all works is a major investment of time and coffee :)

I suspect that it could be a lot easier, but the menus and processes are overly complicated and non-intuitive.. that aside, yes its an amazing game!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 25. May 07, 12:41

Major investement, and very rewarding. I'm not the only one to have been playing, in varions incarnations, for over seven years. And I still thouroughly enjoy it. SETA isn't really cheating. It was designed for the early games when there was no jumpdrive and upgrading your ship speed cost a lot of money; it was the only wat to get around quickly, just getting from Seizewell to Argon Prime took 10 minutes even with SETA.

The forum is the comprehensive manual. If you have trouble finding anything, try a Advanced Google search
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 13:43

yeah the advanced searches have helped - but not all things can be found :) but thats where the good old forum steps in..

the searches I found most useful were

site:forum.egosoft.com [topic] , and
allintitle:egosoft [topic]

Orion JMD
x3

Post by Orion JMD » Fri, 25. May 07, 13:51

purza wrote: SNIP / EDIT
It certainly is a great, but man, it needs a good comprehensive manual - coming to grips with how it all works is a major investment of time and coffee :)

I suspect that it could be a lot easier, but the menus and processes are overly complicated and non-intuitive.. that aside, yes its an amazing game!
I agree that in the early stages of the game it can come across as complicated or non-intuitive. But, once one gets the hang of "moving around in the menu system" I find the menus to be great.

They are set up in a layered fashion and you can amazingly get to almost anywhere else in the menu system from where you currently are.

Remember the Delete key is your friend. No matter where you are in the menus the Delete key will bring you right back to the main screen.

I much prefer this type of interface to the big bright obtrusive menus most other games use and that need to be constantly in view at the bottom of the screen.

Best

JMD
Last edited by Orion JMD on Fri, 25. May 07, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Fri, 25. May 07, 13:59

they could make the next installment easier to use.
a better comm would do wonders

meredityman
x3

Post by meredityman » Fri, 25. May 07, 14:04

You think your hard done by. i played the game for 48 hours before I realised SETA existed.

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 14:13

Orion JMD wrote:I agree that in the early stages of the game it can come across as complicated or non-intuitive. But, once one gets the hang of "moving around in the menu system" I find the menus to be great.
Example; imagine if you could hover the mouse over an option, and the sub menu dropped down, like a good web design.. it would take a fraction of the time to see what was within the menus, than painstakingly clicking through them all, then back up, etc etc...

I am having an enormous headache trying to decipher the best ways to set up my HQ - this interface reeks of someone who likes code. The game could be designed in a way that makes sense before you have spent 3 weeks posting and reading through this forum..

Some people have a habit of complicating things, and others have the gift of being able to achieve functionality and simplification - I think the writers definitely fall into the first category.. although graphically and depth-wise this game is fantastic

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 25. May 07, 14:31

The thing about the HQ was that it was added to the game long after release and the menus weren't designed with it in mind. Other than the PHQ, I think the menus are quite intuative. There is a lot in them and it takes some time to find everything, but when you find it, it's in a logcal place.

The script engine also means that a lot of content has been written (in many cases by fans) after release. Again, this creates restrictions on how things are done, for example, if you want to specify a ware, you have to select it in a factory, rather than from a simple list. Not ideal, but Egosot can't know how scripters are going to try and use the engine. It has improved since X2, from Egosoft watching what scripters did and listening to feedback. I'm sure the next instalment will show similar improvements; and scripters will push that envelope as far as they can...
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

purza

Post by purza » Fri, 25. May 07, 14:42

Yeah, I get the feeling an X4 will be awesome, the earthlings getting involved will be interesting, and I think its pretty cool how the Terrans are so hardcore :)

Thanks again for the help!

Orion JMD
x3

Post by Orion JMD » Fri, 25. May 07, 20:07

Rapier wrote:SNIP / EDIT
Other than the PHQ, I think the menus are quite intuative. There is a lot in them and it takes some time to find everything, but when you find it, it's in a logcal place.
SNIP / EDIT
I agree. I have seldom seen a game with such funtionality and command depth so there is bound to be lots of menus. Given all the commands that needed to be represented I think Egosoft did a good job. Like I stated in an earlier post the idea of being able to get from almost anywhere in the menus to anyhwere else is stunningly simple.

Best

JMD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”