[Program] Random universe Generator UPDATED V1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Madw0lf
x3

[Program] Random universe Generator UPDATED V1.5

Post by Madw0lf » Sat, 26. May 07, 01:00

The day is finally here! Madwolf Enterprises brings to you a program specifically designed to create a random universe map for X3.

Installation and useage instructions are included in the readMe. The program itself can be run in any directory.

Currently sectors that arent in the origional X3 map have a ReadText yadda yadda for a name. This will be fixed in V 2.0. :roll:

The program is a packaged .jar Java file, you may need the latest Java Runtime to use it, but try running the program first, you may find youre all set. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html Unless you plan on writing your own Java, you would want the second download, the JRE.

And here is the link to the program itself: http://www.frontiernet.net/~lonewolf200 ... reator.rar

NEW!!! And an exe version... http://www.frontiernet.net/~lonewolf200 ... V1_EXE.rar
Just extract this whole folder and choose one of the .exes to run. The _Shell version will bring up a command prompt, the NOShell version ont. :)

NEW!!! A V1.5 which is primarily a bug fix, also adds in some of the new features for 2.0. ;) an .exe as above...

http://www.frontiernet.net/~lonewolf200 ... orV1.5.rar

I think thats everything you need to know, but if not I will answer any questions promptly.

Also, any comments on future additions are welcomed, Ive got some things planned but I want to try and make it the best possible. On that note, I am welcoming any suggestions for sector names. Ill need several hundred of them!

Finally, a great big ThankYou to all those that helped me out on this! Especially UniTrader who supplied the .cat and .dat files which are included!
Last edited by Madw0lf on Sun, 14. Oct 07, 20:37, edited 6 times in total.

matches
x3

Post by matches » Sat, 26. May 07, 01:32

Yeah!! It's here! It's really here! I've been watching this topic since its inception, and I'm soooooo glad you guys got it sorted out. I never used the random universe generator for X2 but have been looking forward to this, THANK YOU, very much!

Sector names eh? Mind if I pitch in two?

1. Molotov's Cocktail
2. Stargliders Fury

If you need more, let me know.......5 of the 6 voices in my head have suggestions as well!!!!
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with matches?"

Realspace Backgrounds http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=180848

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Sat, 26. May 07, 01:51

Well let em speak up! :P The more names the merrier. :D

SooperNoobie
x3

Post by SooperNoobie » Sat, 26. May 07, 03:02

I gots some ideas for sector names! Along with background information stories or info in case you want any. (Divided between serious and funny) I'll edit this as more names and ideas come.

========
Serious
----

- Uneasy Presidence (Pirate or some other hostile sector. It used to be a trade hub between Boron and Argon territory before Xenon in the first Xenon war trashed the place. Pirates took advantage and set it up as a major base of their operations.)

- Red Eclipse (Paranid sector. Named after a large battle that took place in this very sector; The area where Argon forces took a last stand in space before being obliterated. The final explosion of the last Titan was reportedly, from one Paranid's point of view, blocking out the sun in a bright red flash.)

========
Funny
----

I've got nothing yet! BUT THIS SPOT WILL BE FILLED IN!

vtecem
x4

Post by vtecem » Sat, 26. May 07, 07:17

It says in the readme to choose how many sectors are wanted... What is the max number we can choose?

Also will it randomize the order of the galaxy, as in will it be a square or will it be all jumbled up like the original?

Sounds good and am anxious to try it :)

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Sat, 26. May 07, 08:59

Gamma Draconis
Beta Aqualae
Vega
Etc.
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 26. May 07, 11:21

Great job Madw0lf!!! :)

Just a first question: the readme says "Place the .cat and .dat files into your main X3 directory. (Replace the existing files, but back them up first!

.. isn't it enough to rename the new cat to the highest number?

dex909
x3

Post by dex909 » Sat, 26. May 07, 11:57

Nice one, Madw0lf!! :) Thanks!

I only suggest TWO names, and I hope they will be included:

Stargazer's Reach

Shadow of the Beast

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 26. May 07, 14:38

Realspace wrote:isn't it enough to rename the new cat to the highest number?
Yes, it is, i have just quickly packed my 00749.bod for X3 Version 2.0.02 to show the whole Universe ;) didn't thought about the players using fake-Patches :oops:
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. May 07, 14:55

if u wanted to be really clever, u could make the sector names from existing words in then sound files.

then adjust the sounds file with the program so all the sectors will have the voice sounds for them as well

dex909
x3

Post by dex909 » Sat, 26. May 07, 15:01

You´re right Cycrow, that would even look (and sound) like a genuine universe from Egosoft then! :)

Malcolm (Cyteen)
x3

Post by Malcolm (Cyteen) » Sat, 26. May 07, 15:43

IN that case

Paranid Prime

Mists of Pontifex

Family Rolk

Just a few thoughts

Cyteen out
“What is the meaning of it, Watson?” said Holmes solemnly as he laid down the paper. “What object is served by this circle of misery and violence and fear? It must tend to some end, or else our universe is ruled by chance, which is unthinkable. But what end?"

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Sat, 26. May 07, 16:01

The max number of sectors is 480, and yes theyll all be jumbled up. 8)

Oops, didnt realize you could rename the cat/dat files :oops:

Excellent idea Cycrow, being able to do that hadnt even occured to me... :o

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 26. May 07, 18:01

Cycrow wrote:if u wanted to be really clever, u could make the sector names from existing words in then sound files.

then adjust the sounds file with the program so all the sectors will have the voice sounds for them as well
i had a similar idea some time ago:

List all Spoken Words in X3 in a t-file and link them via the "MOV/00044.dat" to the Spoken word so you can put the words you need together via the t-file ;)

i am currently creating the t-file and i will look for the circa position in the speech-file to put it behind every word in brackets so it can be found easier (it is too much work for one person to find every spoken word and link it, so my idea is that everybody who needs a single word has to find it himself and send the position to me so i can put it in the "MOV/00044.dat". So everybody can use this spoken word in future ;))

I have already listed all spoken words, there are almost 3.400 (but i think there will some discarded because they are not spoken or something like this)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

matches
x3

Post by matches » Sat, 26. May 07, 18:05

You mean to say this mod is gonna get even better?! It's always a "bummer" watching great ideas spawn on the forum, only to be abandoned half-finished, v0.1, fin. The idea and sheer replay value to the game this gives to the player is potentialy GIGANTIC, and if it's only gonna get BETTER???!!!...................This may very well be the next, great, "staple" MOD, like Cycrows installers and packagers, LV's cheats, and the like. Keep up the good fight, and GREAT JOB!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. May 07, 23:30

Madw0lf wrote:Excellent idea Cycrow, being able to do that hadnt even occured to me... :o
Its an idea we did for Firelance, so they all fit into place with spoken voices and everything.

we did the same for ship names as well.

matches, just wait for the Plugin Manager 2.0 ;)
althou its been abit delayed as i've descided to rewrite the spk format

matches
x3

Post by matches » Sun, 27. May 07, 00:08

Thats good to hear Cycrow! I've been wondering about that, and the progress of said manager. I am HANGING on the edge of my seat for it. Re-writing .spk? will the older ones still work with the new installer? Ahhh, look how fast I went off-topic!!!! Sorry...

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sun, 27. May 07, 10:37

Cant start the program :( I have got java already, but it didnt know which .exe to use lol, so i had to try to open it with every single one in the java / bin folder, none of which worked.

As for the java 2 link you gave, cant download it, it just goes to a "fatal exception" website when clicking the download link..
https://sdlc1a.sun.com/ECom/docs/FatalE ... 50189EA836
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Sun, 27. May 07, 15:40

Sun seems to be doing some system maintainance atm....

You shouldnt need to be going into your java bin folder, right in the rar file you downloaded, once you unpack it there should be a file that is called "UniverseCreator.jar" and its description is an executable jar file, just double click on that and the program should run. :)

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 30. May 07, 16:45

Great work 8) !

Very useful tool here.

But it would be cool if it was more configurable : choose the number of sectors per race, choose how many shipyards there are in the universe, etc.

Is there a version 2.0 planned ?

Keep up the good work :)
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”