How do I edit or override signed "!" scripts?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Laureati
x3tc

How do I edit or override signed "!" scripts?

Post by Laureati » Sun, 27. May 07, 13:32

1) I'm asking this because I really want to change the AI's fight.tactics to extend the missile firing range beyond 1.25km and include more missiles in the selection e.g. rapiers. If there's a way to override the default scripts could some one tell me how?

2)Couldn't find anything really too useful about editting the signed "!" scripts. I know I have to change the external file name as well as the 2 internal file names, but I have yet to manage to succeed in doing this. Could someone who's done it before tell me how it's done? i.e. with what software, what changes, what file format to save it in, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Laureati
x3tc

Post by Laureati » Sun, 27. May 07, 14:15

Okay, managed to get the signed scripts to show up in the editor. Just had to make the changes with a MS Word type program. Used OpenOffice swriter and saved the file as default - that did the trick.

Now if someone could point me at a creative way to override the files instead I'd be very happy. Would rather have stuff I can plugin than overwrite existing files.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 27. May 07, 14:20

import the .pck script files into a mod file then extract them back to the original \scipts directory with "decompress compressed files during extraction" on

this will convert the .pck files to .xml

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 04:55

Laureati, were you able to figure out where and which script to edit to adjust that missile firing logic? I've been trying to figure out the attack scripts to do something similar and my head explodes every time I try to step through them.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”