Avarice, finally! And now?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheGunslinger77
x3

Avarice, finally! And now?

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Mon, 28. May 07, 10:47

Yesterday i finally put my option over Avarice sector.

I am now awaiting the message informing me about the victory of the auction.

Since i assume i will be given the teladi trading station along with the sector, i was wondering what use i shoud do about it... I've never bothered buyng one, neither in X2 nor in X3. Are trading stations of any use?

Obviously, the HQ will tag along in the sector really soon...

Gazz
x4

Re: Avarice, finally! And now?

Post by Gazz » Mon, 28. May 07, 11:23

TheGunslinger77 wrote:Are trading stations of any use?
In theory, yes.
They can be used to distribute goods you produce to free traders.
Alas, their tiny cargo hold makes that extremely inefficient.
Obviously, the HQ will tag along in the sector really soon...
Not a choice I would make.
Avarice is the worst sector I could imagine for the HQ. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TheGunslinger77
x3

Re: Avarice, finally! And now?

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Mon, 28. May 07, 11:55

Gazz wrote: In theory, yes.
They can be used to distribute goods you produce to free traders.
Alas, their tiny cargo hold makes that extremely inefficient.
I thought that free traders would supply directly from my fabs...
Gazz wrote:Not a choice I would make.
Avarice is the worst sector I could imagine for the HQ. =)
uh oh... why is that?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:33

Avarice is generally poor as a sector because there are no mineral resources to be had there (and precious little in the surrounding sectors too--you have to go as far afield as Loomanckstrat's Legacy to get decent yield roids, IIRC). The basis of any player complex is minerals, because they're the only thing that can't be made from a combination of other resources.

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:43

On the other hand, jump equipped commercial agents can make a big difference, they make sectors with no minerals perfectly usable. Also Averice is pretty close to the center of the X-universe, so in the way it makes sense to have a base there.
It's basically a matter of personal tastes, in my case, I spent nearly 800million to get the sector, and I was going to use it.....

andman
x3tc

Post by andman » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:48

pjknibbs wrote:you have to go as far afield as Loomanckstrat's Legacy to get decent yield roids
And don't forget about the minefield in there!
What's better? Eternal Happiness, or a Ham Sandwich?

We all know that nothing is better than Eternal Happiness.

We also know that a Ham Sandwich is better than nothing.

Therefore, a Ham Sandwich is better than Eternal Happiness.

TheGunslinger77
x3

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Tue, 29. May 07, 11:10

argh... some damned rich guy offered more than me...

that will require blood for the blood god
(most of which will be xenon, with GPPC for candy)

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 29. May 07, 12:08

Do the Xenon bleed? What would pour forth from their wounds? Rastar oil? :roll:

TheGunslinger77
x3

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Tue, 29. May 07, 17:40

Painman wrote:Do the Xenon bleed? What would pour forth from their wounds? Rastar oil? :roll:
dunno, but if they bleed, we can kill em :D

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 29. May 07, 17:48

andman wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:you have to go as far afield as Loomanckstrat's Legacy to get decent yield roids
And don't forget about the minefield in there!
Guys there are enough roids with enough mins in local systems to get at least a 50 station complex going.

I know this, I did it.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 30. May 07, 01:31

Avarice is a pretty good spot for a PHQ if you don't buy it. Speed/Hold/rudder upgrades right insystem (these go away if you buy Avarice). Four different EQ docks within a short trip with the fifth just a touch more distant. Hardcore Xenon action close by but not too close to endanger the PHQ's security. The system is also very low traffic so few civi ships hogging the external docking ports. It's kinda central location means lower overall jumpfuel costs when shifting assets around such as that freshly fitted M2.

True there is a slight lack of ore and silicon nearby but thanks to the wonders of the CLS extension you can bring ore belt to avarice for only the cost of a few e-cells. Getting jumpdrives is also a bit more work. I've solved it by useing disco raiders the ferry them over from the Goner temple useing Trinty sanctum as a waypoint. Alot safer than running through the front door.

TheGunslinger77
x3

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 09:42

whooooa Avarice (now called Redemption)
is mine!

Now that i have stopped ravaging Xenon sectors for GPPC
harvesting, i am planning the construction of the phq production loops.

What's the best way to do so? I am thinking of an M factory/complex
for every ware needed for the construction, with a bunch of traders
armed with comodity logistics coming here and forth to supply
the production line. As for now anyway it looks like there will
be a lot of production just wasted, as i don't feel like the phq will ever
cpnsume the full production of so much complexes.

Anyway i was thinking of something like:

Base all my UT to the PHQ, so eventully their income would fill
the phq bank.
A fleet of traders with CLS Mk2 buyng wares from my factories,
so the phq keeps the complexes running.
A bunch of factories just producing stuff...

is that correct?

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 11:17

There is a script where you can tax any stations or ships in your sector, (no link im afraid) but if you use LV's AI competitors script and the AL player puts a station in your sector you can tax him.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Maverick024
x3tc

Post by Maverick024 » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 11:53

As soon as I got the PHQ I became fed up with my UTs and stopped using them. For all the money they can bring, they really mess up a PHQ by just filling it with crap, or emptying out everything you want depending on how the prices are set. I had an empire mainly based around traders before the PHQ, afterwards I invested continuously in complexes, and to be honest they're just easier and a far better idea in the late game.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 01:05

CiaranM wrote:As soon as I got the PHQ I became fed up with my UTs and stopped using them. For all the money they can bring, they really mess up a PHQ by just filling it with crap, or emptying out everything you want depending on how the prices are set. I had an empire mainly based around traders before the PHQ, afterwards I invested continuously in complexes, and to be honest they're just easier and a far better idea in the late game.
Either through parameters or by product prices, it's possible to make it so your UTs don't go to the HQ. Or were you selling out of it to other races?

I had a good size complex built in Avarice alongside my HQ and an EQ Dock (just cuz I wanted one!). I was able to fully furnish all vessels created in the HQ, as well as provide all the resources necessary to build them.

For ore I simply had a complex to the west and had several commodity agents transporting ore and silicon directly to my complex and HQ.

I even had a good enough production rate that I could have an agent keep the trading station stocked with all the goods my complex developed. The trading station might not be able to store a lot, but that limit is an excellent bottleneck to prevent NPC ships from taking my resources too quickly. It wasn't long until traders were waiting in line to dock at that trading station and give me their credits!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”