[S] [02.03.08] [X3 3.3.04] Economy and Supply Trader (Trade MK3 II)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lucike
x4

[S] [02.03.08] [X3 3.3.04] Economy and Supply Trader (Trade MK3 II)

Post by Lucike » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 23:15

Economy and Supply Trader
(Trade MK3 II)
(Version 3.3.04 - 2. March 2008)

Overview for Economy and Supply Trader

The Economic and Supply Trader takes care of efficient trade of predetermined goods in specified area of sectors. Companies usually train their traders over time to handle wider market. Installation of Trading System Extension allows the Trader to attend these training courses.

The skills of economy and supply trader improve with training. Furthermore, these pilots work only for established companies. One must have trade rank of at least "Trader" to hire Economy and Supply Trader.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Preparation for Economy and Supply Trader

Downloading

-> Economy and Supply Trader (ZIP Version 3.3.04)
-> Needed Libraries (ZIP Version) (You must install this !)

Minimum Requirements: X³ Reunion 2.5 or later !!

Description for Economy and Supply Trader

Quickstart
  1. Equip a TS class transporter with Navigation Software MK1, Trading System Extension, Trade Command Software MK1 and MK2
  2. Choose the command "Economics Trader: Ware Add/Remove" from the Additional Ship Commands menu and select a product
  3. Choose the command "Start Economics and Supply Trader..."
Pilot qualifications

The skills of economy and supply trader improve with training. Furthermore, these pilots work only for established companies. One must have trade rank of at least "Trader" to hire Economy and Supply Trader.

Apprentice
The apprentice trades one ware in indicated sector and the adjacent sectors, which are one jump away. The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period in your enterprise and doesn't get a salary during this time.
Auxiliary Courier
The auxiliary courier trades three wares within three jumps from his central sector. Furthermore, he can buy or sell goods to Equipment Docks and Trade Stations. The auxiliary courier is paid a wage of 20 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
Courier
The courier trades five wares within five jumps from his central sector. He will equip his ship with more speed and agility, and Fighter Drones if they can be bought in the current sector. The courier is paid a wage of 25 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
Freighter pilot 2nd class
The freighter pilot 2nd class trades seven wares within ten jumps from his central sector. He can use a jumpdrive if one is installed. The freighter pilot 2nd class is paid a wage of 30 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
Freighter pilot 1st class
The freighter pilot 1st class trades ten wares within fifteen jumps from his central sector. He also monitors the trade radio traffic and does not enter any sectors with enemy ships or pirates. The freighter pilot 1st class is paid a wage of 35 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
Freighter pilot
The freighter pilot can trade all wares within twenty jumps from his central sector. Furthermore, he keeps his ship in good condition and repairs it at a shipyard when needed. The freighter pilot is paid a wage of 40 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.

Equipment and Prerequisites
  • A small class ship (M5, M4, M3, TS, TP) or a ship of the corvette class (M6, M7)
  • Best Selling Price Locator (optional: no shopping, but sales)
  • Boost Extension (optional: increases the jump energy reserve from 10% to 20% of maximum cargo)
  • Duplex- and Triplex-Scanner (optional: decreases the minimum jump range by one sector)
  • Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
  • Fight Command Software MK2 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy, in addition to the Fight Command Software MK1)
  • Jump drive (optional: can be utilized after a special training course)
  • Navigation Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK2
  • Trade Command Software MK3 (optional: turns on automatic configuration and trade mode)
  • Trading System Extension (optional: needed to participate in training courses)
  • Video Enhancement Goggles (optional: use jumpdrive only on emergency, keep minimal fuel onboard)
Usage

The command is started over the trade menu. The command "Start Economics and Supply Trader..." becomes visible, if the Trade Command Software MK1, Trade Command Software MK2 and Navigation Command Software MK1 are installed in the ship. Then the sector must be selected, in which the trade is to begin.

The pilot is trading with his assigned wares. You can choose with the command "Ware Add/Remove", which wares the pilot can trade. After the start of this command you must choose a ware.

A further configuration option offers the instruction "Configuration", which is to be likewise found in the command slot of the ship. With this command can be requested an overview. Here a list of all possible commands.

Input - {0} {0} {0}
The pilot sends a report containing configuration, the payment received up to now, the flight time, and the income.
Input - {0} {1} {X}
The pilot adds information to the name of the ship. (X = 0 Information service deactivate; X = 1 to 6 Information variants)
Input - {0} {2} {X}
The pilot notes his ship number for the information service.
Input - {0} {3} {X}
The pilot notes his station number for the information service.
Input - {0} {4} {X}
The pilot logs the transaction data of every transaction to the company server. (Logfile 8005). (X = 0 deactivate; X = 1 activate)
The pilot keeps limited radio silence. (X = 2, off/verbose; X = 3, on/silent)
Input - {1} {0} {0}
The pilot deletes all his operating data.
Input - {1} {1} {0}
The pilot deletes his achievements overview.
Input - {2} {0} {X}
The pilot is ordered to trade with specific factories and stations only (X = 0 all stations; X = 1 stations belonging to a race; X = 2 player stations only)
Input - {2} {1} {X}
The pilot operates within jump range of X from homesector. The maximum jumps is limited by pilot level. (X = 0-20)
Input - {2} {2} {X}
The pilot does trade only in sectors with advanced satellites. (X = 0 deactivate; X = 1 activate)
Input - {2} {3} {X}
The pilot keeps jump drive energy of X energy-cells instead of keeping 10% of cargo space in energy-cells or 20% in case of boost drive installed (X = 0 standard amount)
Input - {2} {5} {X}
The pilot looks for trade runs, which make at least X% of profit.
Input - {2} {6} {X}
The pilot looks for buyers, which have at least X% free space in their stock.
Input - {6} {X} {Y}
The pilot copies his ware list to Company server or reads it from there. (X = 0 to 9, List storage slot; Y = 0, Get list from server; Y = 1, Save list to server)

The inputs starting with {2} can be broadcasted. If the {2} is replaced with {12}, all traders with the same homesector as the invoking ship do receive the new configuration. If the {2} is replaced with {22}, only ships with same homesector and same shiptype do receive the new configuration. If the {2} is replaced with {32}, all ships do receive the new configuration.

In the Command console of each player station one can find command "Calculate station prices". This command will dynamically adjust station prices. The command takes mode (0-9) as argument.

Mode 0: The prices of all goods of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 1: The prices of all products of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 2: The prices of all intermediate products of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 3: The prices of all resources of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 4: The prices of all products and intermediate products of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 5: The prices of all products and resources of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 6: The prices of all intermediate products and resources of the station are computed and set after stock.
Mode 7: The price of every ware of the station is set to the average price.
Mode 8: The price of every ware of the station is increased by one credit.
Mode 9: The price of every ware of the station is decreased by one credit.

A full report of all Economy and Supply dealer ships can be called up over the command Slot of player Trading Station or player Headquarters. The report command, "Status Economics and Supply Trader" remains visible in the Slot while all data are collected and sorted. Then a message is added to the log.

Further information

Profit-sharing: All pilots get a share from the profits. After each successful trade run 1% of the pure profit is shared by pilots. However, the sales of leftovers, ie goods not sold to the intended buyer, are not considered for this.

Trade Command Software MK3: This ship upgrade takes over all control of the configuration. The additional configuration commands are disabled and faded out.

Jump Drive: If a jump drive is installed, the pilot will supply himself with energy by buying energy from available sources. The pilot may jump to adjacent sectors if both scanner types (duplex/triplex) are installed. Normally a jump will only be done if the distance is at least one sector in between. Scanner range is not being enhanced.

Enemy contact: If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK1, then the pilot may make his ship safer. He buys fight drones in the current sector and equips his ship with more speed and agility. If the experienced pilot has a jump drive, then he can venture into unsafe sectors. If the pilot has the Fight Command Software MK2 in his ship and thus can use the Missile Defense Mosquito, then he will buy some Mosquito missiles too.

Friend/enemy attitude: The pilot does not fly to sectors owned by a race, which is set to be a Foe for the ship. The function "Show as enemy, if enemy to me" should be set to "no". If no jump drive is installed, then the pilot will not even fly through hostile sectors towards its destination.

Satellite network: If this function is activated, then the pilot operates only in sectors, which contain player-owned advanced satellites. The name of the advanced satellite must be [Advanced Satellite] or [Advanced Satellite - {Homesector}]

Station blockage: Each player station can be separately set "out of bounds" for the pilot. Each station command console has command "Trader barrier (Economics-/Supply Trader)" for this purpose.

Technical data for Economy and Supply Trader

Language file
448005.xml (ID 8005)
498005.xml (ID 8005)

Command slots X3plus
COMMAND_TYPE_TRADE_19 (419)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_20 (720)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_20 (1120)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_21 (1121)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_22 (1122)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_24 (1224)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_25 (1225)

Object task
Ship Task 0 and 25

Official abbreviation
"die WVH"
"the EST"

Translation
jlehtone
Lucike

< Keywords: ScripterLucike, Script >
Last edited by Lucike on Sun, 13. Apr 08, 22:46, edited 25 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 08:50

"Where is the Argnu", you may ask. Why add words "Trade Mk3 II" into the thread title? A yet another modification of the autotrader (UT) script?

No. This is a completely independent implementation of the original universe trader idea, and thus avoids the mistakes of the UT spaghetti.

There is a con here too, no coin lacks the flipside. The con is:
* You can have total control over your traders behaviour.
If you do shun the Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistics, then you probably fail to see the beauty of EST.

Wait!
Read the OT carefully. Did you see the mention of "Trade Software Mk3"? Lets compare:

1. You kit out a freighter, give it Trade Mk3, and start Sector Trader. First you complain how slowly it levels up. Then you have trouble starting it as UT as you have forgotten some required ship upgrade. And finally, you hear it has died in Pirate Alley. RIP.

2. You kit out a freighter, give it Trade Mk3, and start Economy and Supply Trader. It has better chance to level up, since it trades with jump=1 from start unlike the jump=0 Sector Trader. It will level up all the way. And if you did set the Friend/Foe right, it will never visit Pirate Alley. Odds are it makes a bit more money than UT too.

Which one of these is truly "Fire and Forget"? :roll:

Or
3. You leave out the Trade Mk3 altogether and have the joys of micromanagement. Total control. Does it pay off? Yes! The profits can exceed the simple logic of UT. But that is nothing new. MORT (manually operated remote traders) have always been more profitable. But EST is completely automatic after the initial configuration.

Tip. Which variable do you think is used for the level of EST? Could it be? No, that would be way too easy, or would it? Yes! CAG/CLS. Interchangeable pilots. Train as one, use as another.

Tip2. Through miraculous claivoyance, the "Move Pilot" command can swap EST pilots between ships too. (Unless the latest generation of EST pilots have new internal variables.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 15:32

Anything from Lucike is going to be good. I'm definitely trying this. Thanks!

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 21:01

Do that - I tested the autonomous mode with Mk3
Trade Command Software MK3 (optional: turns on automatic configuration and trade mode)
versus a regular Mk3 - it just declassed it. But a well tuned non-autonomous EST might earn even more (don't nail me on it - but it was like 800.000 an hour) -- gee this really sounds like an advertisement
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 11:39

Just in case somebody likes to "browse the history", the development thread (in german) for EST is here. Some probable questions are most likely already answered in that thread, but as is usual with FAQs, they do tend to get re-asked. :wink:

Two theoretical case comparisons:
1. EST Apprentice versus Sector Trader
* Sector Trader trades in one sector. It can trade all wares. Sectors with both producers and consumers for high throughput wares are limited.
* EST Apprentice has jump range of one. It will thus see from two to five sectors. It is limited to one ware, but there are several good places to train in. Think about Argon Prime with ECells.
* Sector Trader levels up as it has made profit. It can make the profit for one level in couple trade runs. From level 10 upward the UT is free to roam. Training in dangerous places is ... dangerous.
* EST levels up with flight-time. Thus, it will take certain number of hours minimum to reach Freight Pilot, but EST will get there automatically and eventually. And one can use CAG/CLS for training.

2. EST Freight Pilot versus level 25 UT
* UT looks for source from within 5 jumps from its current location. Then it selects a destination within 25 jumps. It can thus buy only from "local" market, but see a different "local" market after it completes current trade run.
* EST FP looks a source within 20 jumps from fixed sector and then destination within 20 jumps from the same fixed sector. It can thus see the entire universe both for buy and sell, and it will always see the same market, rather than wander around.
* UT makes a trade run if it can make 300 credits of profits. I doubt the fuel costs are reduced before counting the profit. For EST one can specify a different minimum requirement.
* Vanilla UT does not have satellite limited operation or station lock or "avoid Pirate sectors". All those are third-party scripts. So is EST, but it has all those features, and they are optional.
* EST require fee per flight-time and a cut in profits. UT pilots take only cut in profits, but I cannot remember what percentage.

Note though, that you cannot use EST from the very start of the game, because it requires trade rank of "Trader". And you cannot convert between EST and UT, as the pilots are of entirely different breed.

This is a blatant advertisement for a script that I don't even personally use, nor have written. :P

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Sat, 9. Jun 07, 09:10

I doubt the fuel costs are reduced before counting the profit. For EST one can specify a different minimum requirement.
no doubt, definitely are not - UT does only make profitable runs at all, because universe is "friendly" to trading ships. most runs will yield more profit just because they exist

f.e. buy 3000 units 2 below av sell 2 above av -> 12000cr and it's still a bad trade
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 14:02

First of all your script works great. I'm running it on automatic and everything works fine.

But I've noticed a small command slot problem. The station command "Trade Barrier" uses the same slot as the "Install station software" from Xai Corp. It's not that problematic since Xai Corps script only adds the Advanced money transfer. Just wanted to let you know.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 14:50

darkfear wrote:First of all your script works great. I'm running it on automatic and everything works fine.

But I've noticed a small command slot problem. The station command "Trade Barrier" uses the same slot as the "Install station software" from Xai Corp. It's not that problematic since Xai Corps script only adds the Advanced money transfer. Just wanted to let you know.
Ah, so it's this script. I noticed X3plus was listed as using this slot.

actually it's a big problem. The clash is with the Station Upgrade Framework which is used by half a dozen scripts.

darkfear
x4

Post by darkfear » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 15:22

Oh i didn't know that. I was only using the exellent AMX and the Station Commands (View incoming ships etc.) with the SUF. Now that it's clear which script causes the conflict, will it be fixed?

Tanelor
x3ap

Post by Tanelor » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 03:37

This mod sounds great, but I'm having trouble making my caiman super freighter use it. He has all of the equipment required (trade command mk 1,2,3, navigation command, fight command 1 and 2, jumpdrive, trade system extension and just about everything else except a spacefly collector), but when I give the Start Economics and supply trader command, he just sits there.

I tried manually adding a ware to his list, but it didn't do anything. He's supposed to automatically choose them with the trade mk3 software right?

I'm running Xtended .7, and I'm not sure if that conflicts with anything in this mod.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 07:56

@Tanelor

Only the xtended mod? Would you send me your save game? I'll look directly in your game.

xscripts@lucike.info

Tanelor
x3ap

Post by Tanelor » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 09:16

I also have Bail Signal Extension, Bounty Boost, LV's Cheats, Mercenaries Guild, Move to Coordinates, Product Finder, Salvage Claim Software, and Unlimited Salvage Insurance installed.

I tried removing all but your mod and Xtended, but I still had the same problem.

I also tried a vanilla game with just this mod, LV's Cheats and Unlimited Salvage Insurance, and the command for Economics and Supply Trader was on the trade list for my caiman but it wasn't selectable.

I emailed you a save of with Xtended enabled, and a save from vanilla with just your mod and LV's cheats enabled.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 18:29

@Tanelor

I got your save game. The trader begins immediately with the work. Did you install the bonus package?
ReadMe wrote:Minimum Requirements: X³ Reunion 1.4.03 or later including X³ Reunion Bonus Package 3.1.05 or later, or complete X3plus 3.2.01 or later !!

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 15:45

What do you need to do to get these guys to level up? I've got one that's been running for a while now, but he's still an apprentice. I'm running XTM and using the Trade Mk 3 for auto-config, transfered that over to get a status report:

Total flight time: 9:33 stazuras
Payment roll: 0
Achievements: 1.313.630 credits
Participation in sales: 10.673 credits

software version 3123

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 15:53

Lucike wrote:Equipment and Prerequisites
  • A small class ship (M5, M4, M3, TS, TP) or a ship of the corvette class (M6, M7)
  • Boost Extension (optional: increases the jump energy reserve from 10% to 20% of maximum cargo)
  • Duplex- and Triplex-Scanner (optional: decreases the minimum jump range by one sector)
  • Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
  • Fight Command Software MK2 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy, in addition to the Fight Command Software MK1)
  • Jump drive (optional: can be utilized after a special training course)
  • Navigation Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK2
  • Trade Command Software MK3 (optional: turns on automatic configuration and trade mode)
  • Trading System Extension (optional: needed to participate in training courses)
  • Video Enhancement Goggles (optional: use jumpdrive only on emergency, keep minimal fuel onboard)
You must install a Trading System Extension.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 16:00

Lucike wrote:You must install a Trading System Extension.
*smacks forehead* Thanks. :)

Iurius

Post by Iurius » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 18:46

Lucike,
Will this script work with the new Bonus Package? Or could it cause a conflict?
I am a bit hesitant to try for myself by simply installing, maybe you know by looking at the used resources?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 19:54

Iurius wrote:Lucike,
I am a bit hesitant to try for myself by simply installing, maybe you know by looking at the used resources?
Yes, of course. The EST work fine with the new BP.

Iurius

Post by Iurius » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 19:58

Lucike wrote:
Iurius wrote:Lucike,
Yes, of course. The EST work fine with the new BP.
Thanks, perfect! I wouldn't want to mess with my starting EST's.
A great improvement over the vanilla UT script, if you ask me, job well done!

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 17:12

Is there any way to lock out a sector so that EST doesn't go there at all? kinda like this script?

I've got more then a few death traps in "friendly" sectors...
Last edited by xfir01 on Sat, 16. Jun 07, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”