M2 Titan and AHEPTs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XseR
x3

M2 Titan and AHEPTs

Post by XseR » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 18:49

Well I just finished the plot missions and decided to buy the Argon Titan to have a bit of a play with.. So not really knowing what to do I checked out the X3 Handbook, and teladianium's Guide to Capital Ships for weapon loadouts etc.

Anyway, teladianium recommends 8 AHepts for the back turrets, so off i went and bought 8 AHepts... but my Titan won't let me load them, says they aren't compatible? :(

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 19:59

That is correct.

If you go to Ship->Details and scroll down, it tells you what you can put in
each turret.

The rear turret takes only IRE, PAC, PPC, IOND and MD if I remember
correctly. Possibly also CIGs.

You can put AHEPT in any of the other turrets, apart from the front.

XseR
x3

Post by XseR » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 20:32

Mhm, I realised they were not compatible in the Ship details menu, I just wondered why the info was in the X3 Handbook if it was incorrect, unless the Titan's rear turrets used to take HEPTs or if it is a problem my end

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 07:47

That particular guide was written for v1.4.

I dont know for sure, but its possible the devs tweaked the Titan loadouts for v2 and no-one has actually noticed it for changing documentation. They did do quite a number of ship changes for that patch.

In any case, whats in the guides is each authors understanding at the time of writing, and eveyone is human afterall.

Have you checked the actual thread version of the guide ? It may have been updated, while the handbook was not. That was one of the reasons for including the links in the handbook.

If you want to make an official "bug report" in the Handbook's thread, I'll follow it up and make a change for version 3 of the Handbook, which is currently in progress.

Its nice to know that someone is using the Handbook enough to spot things like this :) As far as I know, this is the first time I've seen someone mention a potential error in the handbook.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 08:12

Not that HEPT do you any good in the back of the Titan. You wont hit anything with those.

I suppose there really aint no super-good loadout for Titan rear batteries? the rear is definitely the weakest point of that ship. In my tests the only thing IMHO that was actually worth something was full Mass Driver loadout in the back. But even this wasnt very perfect.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”