Wingmen Won't Jump

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkaarj

Wingmen Won't Jump

Post by Xkaarj » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 17:10

I bought myself a Nova, and set it to my wingman, Equipped with loads of stuuf, including a jumpdrive.
But when i jump he doesnt, i can let him manually jump, but i was hoping that it would do that on its own. Is there something i overlooked, or do i have to download a script of some sort?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 17:15

Assuming he has ecells (obviously), wingmen will only jump if you jump your ship via the command menu (i.e. not through shift-J).

Xkaarj

Post by Xkaarj » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 17:18

Ok, gonna try.

Thanks man, now i can control my little fleet much better.

devilham
x3ap

Quick Clarification

Post by devilham » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 18:45

What constitutes a wingman? If I have a Centaur that I am piloting, if I set 3 busters and a nova to 'protect me', are they then wingman? Or is there something else I have to set?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 18:49

In terms of jumping I think ships in formation count anyway, but actual wingmen are set in the command console (X3).

There are keyboard shortcuts for wingmen commands, but I entirely forget what they are :p.

JuNGle
x4

Re: Quick Clarification

Post by JuNGle » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 20:01

devilham wrote:What constitutes a wingman? If I have a Centaur that I am piloting, if I set 3 busters and a nova to 'protect me', are they then wingman? Or is there something else I have to set?
No you have to set them as "wingmen" through their command menu, if you have don it right their will be a yellow "W" next to their name in the property tab. :wink:

Corbzy1

Post by Corbzy1 » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 20:06

I don't think Wingmen will jump just becasue they are wingmen either, they need to have a command related to you such as protect me or follow me etc, then do the jump through the command console.

i think shift 7 or F7 is a shortcut for wingmen to be set as 'protect me'
its so cool having loads of them in M1's and watching them fly out and join formation after this command.
it's a rock man.....to techincal

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 20:08

it's not wingmen that jump, it's ships following you that will jump if they can.

The wingman setting simply allows you to give them commands via 2 hotkeys (shift+6 and shift+7) to have them either attack your target or protect you.

Orion JMD
x3

Post by Orion JMD » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 21:12

moggy2 wrote:it's not wingmen that jump, it's ships following you that will jump if they can.

The wingman setting simply allows you to give them commands via 2 hotkeys (shift+6 and shift+7) to have them either attack your target or protect you.
A real quick question if I could. I am not at home to check but I just checked the latest X3 manual.

Can you remap the above Shift+6, Shift+7 keys to the Funtion Key(s) such as F6 & F7 ? Sometimes finding the shift key and a number at the same time in the heat of battle can become suddenly daunting.

Best

JMD

PS: Yes, i am in the process of resizing my sig, Thx

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 21:32

You can remap hotkeys however you like in X3.

F6/F7 don't seem to conflict with anything else, at least on my setup.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”