Avarice...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Anfold
x3

Avarice...

Post by Anfold » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 00:39

Looked through the forums a bit, checked out the universe map...

So, where exactly is avarice, and where can I buy it from?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 00:49

Spoiler
Show
Between Montalaar and New Income, more or less the middle of the map.

Initially it will show up as 'Unknown Sector'.

Eventually (day 4 or so?) you'll start seeing BBS messages about a sector being sold and it will change name to Avarice.

When the auction reaches 600 million you'll start getting BBS messages asking if you want to make a bid (for 615M). You can be outbid though - some people pay about a billion for it. The auction lasts until day 21, I believe.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:52

Slight Correction,

Spoiler
Show
It shows up after day 6. That's when your flying indicator, your personal one, displays 5_00:00.00 for your game time. It's at the top in your statistics. The sector is East of Montalaar. Yes there is an East gate, it's difficult to see because of the proximity of the planet. If you can't find it, PM me and I will look up the grid coordinates for you. Likely, somebody will post them here before you get a chance to ask me.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 14:59

Spoiler
Show
Look for freighter traffic and goner rangers going to what looks like nowhere in montalaar. Fly in that direction and you'll find the gate. It's 72km hike if I remember right.

Anfold
x3

Post by Anfold » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 23:22

Thanks, I found the sector and now I'm well on my way to buying it.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Sun, 17. Jun 07, 02:53

If it doesn't show up at any particular station when it goes on auction, try different stations. It has a higher frequency of showing up on BBS closer to Avarice, and less as you move away. The stations take time for it to show, but it will show eventually. Bounce from station to station. You'll know the auction has actually begun, or is about to begin once the sector is renamed Avarice and a Teladi Trade Station shows up within it.
War is absolute!

Visit me on myspace!

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 07:14

Not meaning to sound stupid. Can you bid more than you have? I recently noticed a BBS message saying the present bid was 50m, so by the time it gets to 600m, will I not be able to bid on it if I don't have that kind of money (which I may not)?
-----------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary form, and those who don't.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 08:00

No, you can't bid more than you have--it would be a bit daft if the game let you do that, wouldn't it?

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 08:07

Thought so...

So you only get once chance to buy it? Fingers crossed I will have the credits by then :o
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary form, and those who don't.

postulio
x3

Post by postulio » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 10:36

i just started getting the messages for the auction of the sector. the bid is currently at 60mill but i am currently sitting at 10 mill after buying and outfittinhg a new TL class ship, a few new mercury for universal traders, and tons of my credits and resources vanishing from my HQ....dont ask, i dont know.....
anyways, i dont know how im ever going to get that much money! that is a rediculous amount and i am not even close to that!

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 13:15

Hmm just a question: what's the point of buying it? I mean... there are plenty of sectors close to or empty for you to take, is it really worth spending that kind of money on a sector??? :o

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 13:33

Pride and ego.
Spoiler
Show
Thing is if you buy the sector it's value for PHQ placement drops like a stone. The teladi trade station sells upgrades and a few usefull extensions (TC Mk3). You own that trade station after buying Avarice. You lose access to those upgrades. Personaly I think the aution was EgoSoft's idea of a cruel joke on us.
If I was stupid rich and have the PHQ somewhere else I might buy it for the sole reason of saying "I bought Avarice".

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Sat, 23. Jun 07, 18:47

Yeah I agree with Kor'ah. It's the only way of officially owning a sector in the unmodified game, as you technically don't "own" sectors that you move into (like the Unknown sectors) or am I wrong?

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 06:31

postulio wrote:i just started getting the messages for the auction of the sector. the bid is currently at 60mill but i am currently sitting at 10 mill after buying and outfittinhg a new TL class ship, a few new mercury for universal traders, and tons of my credits and resources vanishing from my HQ....dont ask, i dont know.....
anyways, i dont know how im ever going to get that much money! that is a rediculous amount and i am not even close to that!
I takes several days of game time before you can actually bid, after you start seeing it mentioned on BBS. I also recall someone saying that if you miss, it'll be relisted once before you lose it forever. But losing it doesn't restrict you from building in it. If you REALLY MUST have it, and don't see a need to MUST have it beside what someone else just said about it, script yourself the cash if you don't mind a little cheating. But that will lesson the game a little bit.
War is absolute!

Visit me on myspace!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”