Starting my first adventure with 2 wingmans - Some questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp2006

Starting my first adventure with 2 wingmans - Some questions

Post by rp2006 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 15:05

Hi all
I have been playing X3 for 3 days now, and I have 2 mercury traders doing the Sector trading stuff witch is great as I dont have to be commanding them at a distance anymore 8) , and put my buster on the mission to capture pirate ships.

So far, so good, I manage to get some fighters (low grade most of them) but I keep 3 falcons that I intend to use, as they are M3 and my buster was M4 so I think they are better (Am I right here?).

I put all my buster equipment in one Falcon named it Falcon 1 (the others are Falcon-2 and 3), and he now is equiped with the minimum for some hunting, the problem is with the other 2 falcons that I want to use as wingmans.

They where in bad shape, so I repaired their hulls in the shipward in Argon Prime, but I need equipment for them (they dont have shields, wepons, almost anything)

The shields I know where to buy (each falcon can have 2 25MJ shields, I already equiped my main Falcon with 2 of those, but I seem to miss where to buy the wepons, as even my main falcon is using the 4 lazers that my starting buster had.

If anyone can help me with some tips on how to equip my ships for some pirate hunting, and how does the wigman system work in X3 I will be very gratefull :)

Can I just command them to protect my ship and they will follow me, land with me, do everything I do and just fire when needed?

Thanks for any insight given :wink:

devilham
x3ap

Post by devilham » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 15:55

You need to find a weapons factory (don't know what type of guns those ships support, but you can look it up in-game on your ship's weapons menu) to arm them, also some equipment docks have weapons for sale as well. Once armed, in the command console, set your player to Wingman = yes. Once that is set you will have 2 hot keys for wingman commands, shift+6 is attack my target, shift+7 is protect me, shift+7 will also make them follow you in the formation of your choice (same location in the command console as where you set for wingman on)

rp2006

Post by rp2006 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 16:00

Thanks for the reply :)

Orion JMD
x3

Wingman Tip

Post by Orion JMD » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 16:52

Also a quick tip:

When trying to cap ships while flying with Wingmen I have found the "Protect Me" command to work more to your advantage. Using this command when you pirate opponent(s) hopefully flips / bails and it’s ship turns blue your Wingmen should cease firing preventing further hull damage, or complete destruction, as it is no longer seen a threat to your ship.

Good hunting.

BEST

JMD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”