what's a good sector for selling thunderbolt missiles in?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pepperg
x3tc

what's a good sector for selling thunderbolt missiles in?

Post by pepperg » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 01:41

just at the start of a game (easy setting) and i bought 10 of these things, but can't seem to find a sector taht wants 'em. anyone?

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 03:19

Sell to Equipment Docks hasn't this been said before or am i losing it?
take no notice of my attempts of humor they are sad and pathetic kind of like me so it evens out. :D

Equipment Docks in the sector controlled by the race you want to get some extra rep with would be the best bet.
As before,or not, shields weapons and every missile can be sold there.

The Name of some sectors off the top of my head;
Argon Prime
Red Light
Cloud Base South East
Three Worlds-not sure on this

Kingdom End
Rolks Drift-or the other Rolk 1

Paranid Prime

Teladi Gain-not sure could be to the west of it
Seizewell

Family Whi
Ronkars Clouds-or Fire or both

Anfold
x3

Post by Anfold » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 04:02

Note that you will never get better than average price for them, so make sure you only buy when the fab (station) is full.
EQ docks only buy and sell at average, you will never make a profit buying from one and selling to the others.
EDIT: same goes for trading stations, but depending on the product, you may be able to sell them for a profit.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 04:04

heh, yeah, i asked this before, but i think the answer was only re: the stations. i am having my freighter fly from sector to sector but there never seem to be any buyers for them. i am just at the start of the game, so i don't have much in the way of rep with any race- will that make me unable to sell to them?

mainly in the argon sectors so far

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 04:23

Yeah it was about the stations sorry about repeating myself i'm sort of not all here at the moment.
Buy the best sell, and best buy price locators from a Teladi EQ dock then press '5' to see where you can sell for a profit and '6' to buy for profits.
Negative signs means that is how much you lose for each unit brought or sold so be aware. Going sector to sector is the best way to ensure profitsss and Ore and Silicon are great buys found a 225 profit for silicon once and my stupid ST didn't buy it he just sat on stand-by for 5 hrs :evil:

Anfold
x3

Post by Anfold » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 05:03

EQ (EQuipment dock) is in argon prime, CSW (Cloudbase South West) and you can defiantly sell them in Home of Light to the Terracorp Headquarters (look to the west of the north gate.) Even though they aren't listed in the trade menu if you look at the station details, they will buy the, and any other weapons/shields that you come across. Later, check out the PPC forges in Siezwell and Family Pride, if you can afford to buy all 8 of each (Alpha, Beta, and Gamma) you can make a massive profit (and I mean millions) selling them to the local EQ docks two at a time. As long as the docks don't sell the item normally, they will buy an infinite amount of any shield/weapons that you have.

Only buy from a weapons fact when they are full though, otherwise you lose profits (or profitsss depending on who you ask.)

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 07:02

hmm, doced at terracorp hq in home of light and i don't see any option to sell the thunderbolt missiles to them, nor do i see any listed in the station details. you sure about that?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:51

Even if an EQ dock doesn't have a weapon listed you can sell it to them. In fact if they EQ dock doesn't sell the weapon you can effectively sell an infinite number to them (provided you do it manually).

Should just be a case of hitting 'trade' and rolling down the list!

M

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”