Brennan's Triumph squash mines - help!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

W_O_L_F

Brennan's Triumph squash mines - help!

Post by W_O_L_F » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 00:45

I got to the mission where i got to scan the gate for coordinates or clues i guess but its full of squash mines and even if i get one down they all explode and i can't figure out if the game ends cause i blow up the gate or the squash mines blow me up (Argon Discoverer) - I got as far as 300-500m to the nacelle in the spacesuit but nothing happened(the quest) and then the squash mines exploded so i can only figure that i must come back with a 5MW-25MW shielded ship or something... what do you think/did ... help!

Levi@than
x2

Post by Levi@than » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 00:57

This is how you do it
Spoiler
Show
If you haven't got any missiles get some ( you'll need about 4 or 5 ) then go to the gate and cycle through your targets till you get to squash mine you need to be about 2-2.5 Km from the target ( from memory, if that distance doesn't work try 1.5 Km ) then launch the missile and repeat for the rest of the squash mines. NOTE that one missile takes out several mines, once they are all gone go up and scane the gate. It's as easy as that.....
And there you have it...............
Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, I will spawn again.....

W_O_L_F

Post by W_O_L_F » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 01:09

how, what? you've got "spoiler" writen all over your reply...???

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 01:19

Click and drag your mouse over the space between the spoiler tags!... :wink:

PresidenT
x2

Post by PresidenT » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 01:25

Yes but what sector do you recomend getting missiles from and not jus what sector but staion as well I have been having trouble with that.

W_O_L_F

Post by W_O_L_F » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 01:27

thanks i figured it should've been like that but i'm on the beginning and don't want to move too much back and forth to find out what to do exactly or where do i go wrong i was afraid that the gate would blow up:)

W_O_L_F

Post by W_O_L_F » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 01:39

For president ... I recommend mosquito missile i havent tried it out but they are the cheapest and it shouldnt be too hard to find them if you got the fast Discoverer you can get east and you find Argon systems eventually you'll find a space dock or missile factory or you can go west back towards Argon Prime and you will surely find some.
You'll find wasp missile factory four jumps away at teladi i think(Turuk's beard)

Thenewbie
x2

Post by Thenewbie » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 03:53

All i did was fly through the place with my centaur several times and set off all the mines. :) that only works if you have a centaur or the like though. Wouldnt recommend flying through with a disco! :twisted:
-never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups-

brucebia
x2

Post by brucebia » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 05:29

W.O.L.F

There are many things in the release version that are corrected with the 1.1 patch

You would do well to upgrade before going to much further in the Plot.

W_O_L_F

Post by W_O_L_F » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 05:40

Thenewbie...
Its not worth cheating, takes the fun out of the game... 8)

JaimeWolf
x3

Post by JaimeWolf » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 07:18

Me, I flew in with my Orinocco and hit them with Alpha PACs - the few that went off close enough to me to do damage splashed of the 2 25MW shields I had installed. And no. I didn't cheat. I just took my time before I got around to heading into Brennan's Triumph.
It annoyed Mi-Ton no end that I didn't turn up with his precious TP for so long - that thing has good cargo capacity & you can get the speed up to something decent for just 10K
I managed to capture some pirate ships with it on the way home with an Alpha PSG in the rear turret.
Patience is the key for this game - The first time I did that mission I did it in my Disco - the best method was to shoot a pirate once to annoy him into following you, then run around behind the gate so he flies into the mines for you ;)
There were about 4 mines that survived the third pirate raid into their territory and I had to go find somewhere to buy a few missiles for them.

wormer311
x2

Post by wormer311 » Tue, 30. Dec 03, 08:11

i jus went to b triumph to finish that mission .....about 30 hours gameplay after going there the first time and leaving my partner......now there is a pirate station in the middle of the sector i dont remember seeing the first time.....has that always been there?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”