wingmen?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grysh
x4

wingmen?

Post by grysh » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 02:37

Could anyone enlighten me on how to setup wingmen and fleets?

Edit: Well I finally found the wingman command, but i'm still unsure on fleets. I don't suppose there's a guide buried in the forums somewhere is there?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 03:15

Fleet organisation is handled a bit in the bonus pack. Other than that you'll have to try the scripting forum.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 05:30

I think there is a guide for that in the sticky threads at the top of the forum, but I don't have a link to it.

There are two things that use the word "wingman" in the game. The first is a general term for fighters that are running a fight command like "Protect..." or "Attack target of..." for a leader ship, your's or others.

The second is a setting in the command menu of each ship: "Wingman - Y/N". This is only for wingman of the ship you are in, and allows them to respond to the wingman hotkeys. :)

Wingmen work best if they have just a little more speed than the leader (not too much) and are very manuverable. Fast firing guns work better, too.

Wingmen that are very fast, or too many wingmen, can have collisions when you are in the same sector, particularly if SETA is on. :cry:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”