GPPC Complex Advice needed.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Britguy21
x3tc

GPPC Complex Advice needed.

Post by Britguy21 » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 15:16

Hi all. I had an Idea for a factory complex. I had got 1 Gppc forge as part of a complex and I've been selling them to the boron in Kingdom end. I'm not sure if this is classed as a cheat mind you as they don't stock them in the yard there. But I've been looking at some ways of making some cash as I need to raise funds to get XYZ etc. Any how I had this idea and used the factory complex calculator by dave toome and others (cheers guys :D ) I worked out that this has potential. But what I'd like to know is are the profits worth the 144 mill investment or average profit of about 859.288 per hr. Is this a good average or can I make better profits else where.

Assuming I can find some roid's that suit me. My factory will consist of this.

5 GPPC forge's
3 Silicon Mine L (25 yield)
4 Cahoona Bakery's
4 Argnu Beef Ranches
1 Ore Mine L (25 yield)
6 Crystal fab M
2 SPP L

Total cost Approx 144 Mill.

Any advice on other good earners would be good or if there is somewhere that people might think I could do better would be great Thanks.

sneakey pete

Post by sneakey pete » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 15:49

Are you sure that it's only going to make you ~900000cr an hour? And that all primary resources ect are being used? beause that's a dam low profit for the price, I've made 150 million Cr space weed complexes that make ~300000CR an hour.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 16:00

In terms of straight profit weapons (and stuff like tractor beams) come out ahead, especially if you sell them manually so aren't constrained by demand.

For return on investment weed/booze works out much better.

This thread includes an interesting (maybe) debate on SFD vs TB.

Britguy21
x3tc

Post by Britguy21 » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 16:17

The profit calculated is by the weapons alone. Things like ore, Silicon, E cells, Cahoona's etc have almost stoped selling entirely in the argon sectors. Ive got about 5 self sufficient complexes to the north selling most other items and are about 5 jumps away from what will hopefully be my complexes location in ore belt. I've looked at other products but cannot see any other good oppertunities. Thing is I have no interest in this game of selling space weed, fuel. I'm gona sell those in a pirate game after this one.

tclord
x3

Post by tclord » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 04:20

Tractor beams make more than GPPCs, and don't require ore to manufacture. So I would recommend them instead.

bobingabout
x3

Post by bobingabout » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 18:36

IMO, you should use:
5 GPPC forge's
2 Silicon Mine L (25 yield)
3 Cahoona Bakery's
3 Argnu Beef Ranches
1 Ore Mine L (25 yield)
5 Crystal fab M
1 SPP XL

reason being, SPPXL is only 2 seconds faster than crystal fab, which causes almost no slowdown. if you add the extra crystal fab, you'll also need an extra silicon mine, and have excess silicon, and crystal.

also, this gives a massive excess of power cells.

to use almost all power, you can have 15 GPPC, if you have 5 Cahoona Bakery and Argnu Beef L sized factories, and 3 ore mines. or you should add other things instead. adding 4x wheat farm and space fuel distillery L would be nice, or like someone said, tractor beams.

madness 3D
x3

Post by madness 3D » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 20:55

Decide on a way

and just make your gamma pulsed puppy cannon plant or whatever

YOU WILL MAKE PROFIT :)

Britguy21
x3tc

Post by Britguy21 » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 21:04

Best thing about this is total profit and sales minus the AI.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”