[QUICK THREAD]Don't you hate it when...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Subhazardman

[QUICK THREAD]Don't you hate it when...

Post by Subhazardman » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 04:42

...you try to cap a freighter and you pulled up to close to it and it breaks because the pilot popped out and you go halfway up it's engine thrusters.

(Post yours)
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: Danishes... OH and a nice batch of warm madelines in the morning... really starts the day rather nicely.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 06:10

- when you go to highlight that salvaged ship by left-clicking on it

[ external image ]
- and blow it to pieces instead..!! :oops:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 08:19

...Or, getting within 5km of a station, hitting "i", then mistakenly clicking on "attack" rather than "dock".

I've since realized that "dock" is the default selection, so that I only need hit enter, but nothing lights up an entire sector in a pretty red color quite like that does.

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 09:44

Watching the ship type you've been trying to cap for ages turn blue..... then realising your finger's still on the trigger!

seldum

Post by seldum » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 09:58

Flying with full speed towards a mine, knowing when you reach 5 km you can hit the hotkey for the docking computer...

5 km
4 km
3 km

You hit the hotkey.....

only to hear the message: "No target selected".... Splat!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 10:47

See, that's the reason I never, ever fly directly at a station I'm intending to dock at using the computer. Especially mines, since they're so large you practically have your nose buried in the surface before you can hit the docking key anyway...

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 10:58

but it is fun when jumping, to head at full speed at a mine or station, even a cap ship, and see how close you get before you jump!

I never did understand why anyone would use autopilot when docking! I tried it once and it takes ages! I either do it manually, or use the docking computer.

seldum

Post by seldum » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 11:20

Well sometimes you have to learn it the hard way :)

I just wish someone would make a Advance Docking Computer with and extended range of 10 km. That would r0x0r!

Subhazardman

Post by Subhazardman » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 13:03

(Back on topic please)

...when you're a noob and realise that 30 mosquito missiles one one buster STILL won't even knock the shields down.
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: Danishes... OH and a nice batch of warm madelines in the morning... really starts the day rather nicely.

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 14:12

When you finally cap that ship without destroying it, go to claim it and ram it in your spacesuit - boom

Orion JMD
x3

Post by Orion JMD » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 14:22

DaveyP wrote:When you finally cap that ship without destroying it, go to claim it and ram it in your spacesuit - boom
Yes!..Because of that I quickly learned to first bring up the Sector Map and select / target the capped ship there.

Best

JMD

PC-Freak
xr

Post by PC-Freak » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 17:40

...When you go to pick up a hammerhed misile and some stupid M5 steals it from in front of you.
Think, Build, Play!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(" )_(" )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.

[ external image ]

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 18:02

When you complete the first part of a plot mission almost without even trying the first time around but get complacent and do something really stupid and get killed before saving.

Then adding insult to injury find in every subsequent restart the bit so easy and natural first time around completely eludes you again and again and again.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 18:06

Paranoid66 wrote:When you complete the first part of a plot mission almost without even trying the first time around but get complacent and do something really stupid and get killed before saving.

Then adding insult to injury find in every subsequent restart the bit so easy and natural first time around completely eludes you again and again and again.
Yeah first time I did that mission it was in 1.2.01 when the Kha'ak never fought back, this time around on X-Treme it was really hard in the Buster as they actually put up a sterling effort! :D
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”