Concussion Impulse Generators (Spoiler)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

acook59
x2

Concussion Impulse Generators (Spoiler)

Post by acook59 » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 23:29

Hi guys,

I've got the list of where these devices are but wherever i've been to try to find them, they're not there. I haven't yet finished the main plot yet, does that mean anything?

ZzZGuy
x3

Post by ZzZGuy » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 23:48

Plot has nothing to do with it -edit- cept 1 ship -edit-, and you have to be within 1 to 2 km of the hidden container to have it on scanner. Ships however will show up as soon as they are within scanner range.

It's kinda hard but it's worth it for some, others not so much.

-edit- make sure you have 150+ of cargo room every time you go to pick up a CIG, their volume is 25, and there is often more then one in each crate. I have heard that if you do not have enough room for all of them u may lose some.
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

acook59
x2

Post by acook59 » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 23:53

well i've been within 200 meters of most of them and not detected or seen any of them, usually crates appear on the sensors don't they

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:00

ZzZGuy wrote:Ships however will show up as soon as they are within scanner range.
Most ships show up on scanners. But some of the lost ones don't until you are close.

Some lost crates don't show up until you are very close.
well i've been within 200 meters of most of them and not detected or seen any of them
200 meters should be enough for ships, but maybe not for some crates. I'm not sure.

It should be close enough to see them, though. In this game, sometimes the old MkI Eyeball is very usefull! :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

acook59
x2

Post by acook59 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:04

mk1 eyeball?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:09

acook59 wrote:mk1 eyeball?
Old military term. Shut down the scanner menu and just look out there. Look particularly for dots that flash on and off, or that move against the background starfield when you strafe sideways a little. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

acook59
x2

Post by acook59 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:10

ah right ok cool i will do

ZzZGuy
x3

Post by ZzZGuy » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:22

i've collected most all the CIG crates using This Guide.
Note the container in Family Rhy is actually at, 35, 12, 0 .

All i do keep getting closer and closer to Xx.Xx.Xx untill i find it. If you don't see it your not close enough.
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

acook59
x2

Post by acook59 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 00:48

i've been to all those co-ordinates and found nothing

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 07:43

Then you're not getting close enough.

Sirus5
x4

Cig

Post by Sirus5 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 09:01

Try the one in Priests Pity - Go to the Pirate Base - and just on top of it...
Have a look around - I didn't see it until I was within around 100m!

DavidSharp
x3tc

Post by DavidSharp » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 10:48

I picked up one of those concussion generator things, so what exactly do they do anyways? Like what ship should they go with? Would i hate myself later if i just sell them ??

ZzZGuy
x3

Post by ZzZGuy » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 11:00

Ship Guide

Think nova football. Also useful for quick breaking up of asteroids.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 11:03

DavidSharp wrote: Would i hate myself later if i just sell them?
they're quite handy against M3's with a rearturret I think
more important is that to my knowledge no race is selling them
at least I haven't found any on equipment docks or seen factories
I would suggest storing them until you want to use them

dion_b
x3tc

Post by dion_b » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 12:29

Must say I think their usefulness against M3s with rear turrets is overrated. Sure, a CIG hit sets the M3 spinning all over the place, but also means you own destructive shots tend to miss it. After a bit of experimentation I decided that the vast amount of space required for these things is not justified - but then again I flew a Mamba Radier at the time, which can easily corkscrew its way around incoming fire. Perhaps a more sedate Nova would benefit more.

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 20:10

I found that CIGs are fun at best (it's fun beating ships off-track) but for fighting? useless.

It might be useful if they can make it 'highly damages enemy morale' though :P , for capping. Too bad it's not. :(

syphboy
x3tc

Post by syphboy » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 03:27

Actually, I find them particularly useful in taking out the big ships in assassination missions. I give the TL all I've got with 6xAHEPTs then switch to 2xCIGs while I wait for my guns to recharge. As far as I can tell, the CIGs continually firing won't drain your battery! 8)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 03:37

dion_b wrote:but then again I flew a Mamba Radier at the time, which can easily corkscrew its way around incoming fire. Perhaps a more sedate Nova would benefit more.
I found CIGs to be extremely useful on Mambas and Chimeras. With your natural advantage of speed you can kick the offending fighter far from its peers and eventually destroy it. have you noticed that if you just keep firing CIG you opponent tends to stay in front of you all the time even if it is supposed to be two times slower than you? And you can just keep firing as the energy consumption is lower than your laser regen rate. That really helps dispatching big Xenon or Pirate crowds one by one.
I found that I mostly use CIGs now, sometimes in combination with BPBEs. And yes, you can take out a Khaak Destroyer with 6 CIGs. I did it on Chimera but it should be doable on a Mamba Raider as well.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 12:57

They are really handy if you are still in a Pirate Falcon - makes those Novas with rear turrets much less dangerous. When they are hit they slow down, so if you stay close and fire in short bursts you can hammer them and they never get to fire back. If you are using PACs then they are even better because the PAC fire is not that much slower than the HEPTs.

They are also handy for capping an LX - they never get a chance to fire their deadly BHEPTs and you can take your time killing them to see if they bail!

M

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”