Sectors that are too big .. eg Avarice ...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cacker

Sectors that are too big .. eg Avarice ...

Post by Cacker » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 20:57

Hi,

I put the PHQ in Avarice (i haven't won it and don't intend to bid). I put it around 15K south of the west gate.

When i went to the sector map i noticed .. neither gates are in view ><
The east and west gate are 90km apart. Holy cow .. big sector. Am i doing something daft .. because fully zoomed out i can't see either gates nor my PHQ .. which is making rethink about its position (ie reload that pre-PHQ-deployment save).

It's a shame because i like the lighting in Avarice .... and the computer voice says it with malice ;)

But, if you can't see the gates, bit daft really.

Chairs,

Cacker

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:02

You only thing to do is zoom the map out a bit, if you really need to see where the gates are.

Cacker

Post by Cacker » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:10

that's the thing .. at maximum zoom out. both gates are still off the map, including my PHQ.

I'd expect to be able to see at least the gate PLUS some distance beyond it. Other sectors where gates are off the map are huge distances away 100km+. This is only 45km either way :(

Each sector seems to have a different setting.

Avarice - max zoom out - top left of sector maps says 50% 305km
Akeela's Beacon - max zoom out - top left of sector map says - 50% 1296km

??

Perhaps buying the sector for 615mill gives you a better sector map :E

ZzZGuy
x3

Post by ZzZGuy » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:32

@poppycock

Yes, there are several sectors that do not show one or more gates on the map even when fully zoomed out. The only way to get around this is to actually zoom in, where it will focus on whatever object you have targeted even if it's off the map.

I do consider the fact that some gates are off the map to be a bad idea. If you could view your radar still then it wouldn't be much of a problem, and might add a bit of mystery, but you have to zoom in very close, and if your under attack this is hard to do. It's more annoying then interesting.
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:40

Spoiler
Show
Place the PHQ in avarice at -50m, +7.5km, -7.5km. CLS/CAG/UT freighters jump to the 0,0,0 point in the system and dock up very quickly. Your sector patrol has lots of time to kill bad guys before they get to anything imporant. Manual jump'n'docks will come into the system from the safer west gate. It's only a 45km hike.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 00:19

I was wondering round some sectors last night after a BBS tip-off of an abandoned ship in a place called Maelstrom. I headed out that way, and went through some monster sized sectors. *coughWastelasndscough*
I don't remember those sectors being that big in X2. I flew where I thought the old 'secret' gate was there and it wasn't. The only way I found the sector after it was to follow a stream of freighters.
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”