System Override Software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VoidAngel

System Override Software

Post by VoidAngel » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 01:33

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't get the in-game description voiceover to play for this, nor can I find out what it does (aside from costing me 700,000 credits). It seems like it should allow me to capture ships without a spacewalk or something, but all it's done so far is almost get me in trouble with Split customs.

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 01:41

It's illegal. You will want to have the scrambler installed as it cloaks the software.

The system override software allows you to cap ships. You don't need to leave your ship.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 01:57

Like Cith said, it lets you claim unmanned ships without leaving your ship. Why this is illegal has been the subject of much speculation, but you can buy the software scrambler from the pirate BBS or, if you've got some spare credits, you can get a Salvage Claim Software for 6 mil.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 08:13

It's usefull in places like "pirate alley" where you hardly ever get enough time to do the space walk bit. It makes the cops mad but there is another software extension, that can only be bought via BBS message, that'll hide it from their scanners. I always find this extension before buying SOS.

To use on a M3 just pull up to the empty ship at 50m or less then target it and press "i". you'll see the claim icon. In a M7 the range is 150m and capital ships out to 2km for some.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”