SETA problems

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WF442

SETA problems

Post by WF442 » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:28

Hi Guys!

I have started playing X3 after a long time away from it. Mainly because i noticed the new things added in v2. I`m having a slight problem though. It might be lack of memory, but i can`t seem to engage the SETA drive. It tries to engage, but it winds down without even engaging at all. Do i need something added to the ship before being able to use SETA?

PS. before anyone ask. Yes, i have installed a SETA drive in the ship. :)

5i1
x3tc

Post by 5i1 » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:38

Your to close to something. It seems that when your close to something, it will turn off SETA automaticly. Also do NOT touch ANY controls, don't even open up the quick menu.

ZzZGuy
x3

Post by ZzZGuy » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:39

Have you instal.... er wait.

Are you close to any objects or getting verbal messages?
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

NightHawk__
x3

Post by NightHawk__ » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:40

If you engage SETA you can't move your mouse or go in Menu ... as soon as you do , the SETA will desangage.

Hope it will help

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:45

Are you using a joystick? If so, most likely it's either not calibrated properly or the throttle is causing it. Try moving the throttle a hair and see if it works. Also, you might need to adjust the deadzone and sensitivity in the control options ingame. As for being too close to something, that shouldn't be an issue. SETA will disengage when you approach an object too closely, but will allow you to re-engage without moving away. I use it all the time to go through gates, for example.

And welcome back to X3. If you're interested, there's a great mod out currently being hosted by Egosoft called XTM 7 (see my sig). It adds tons of stuff to the stock universe, including nearly a hundred new sectors, not to mention dozens of new ships, and even a new storyline. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 22:49

Have you pulled far enough away from other objects / ships ?

You could try the "Verbose Shipcomputer" in-game > optinons >audio >,
click to yes or on .

WF442

Post by WF442 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 06:05

Thanks for the replies guys! I think it may be a controller issue. I`ll see if i can figure it out tonight.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”