BIRE - None Existant?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jdubeau1986
x4

BIRE - None Existant?

Post by jdubeau1986 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 05:44

Ive been all over looking for Beta Impulse Ray Emitters and i cannot find them anywhere they are always sold out...Any tips on where i might find some? or how..

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 06:01

Get a best buy locater and look for them using the "Best Buy" command from MTC (bonus pack) would probably be easiest.

xyzzy
x3

Re: BIRE - None Existant?

Post by xyzzy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 06:26

jdubeau1986 wrote:Ive been all over looking for Beta Impulse Ray Emitters and i cannot find them anywhere they are always sold out...Any tips on where i might find some? or how..
I've got a tip... the places that are sold out are usually (but not always) waiting on some resource they need to produce the BIREs. If you deliver them a few loads of whatever they need, they'll crank up and start making whatever it is they make.

That's not always the case, because it could be they have enough resources and some AI trader just bought them all out from under you. But more often than not, I find that they are out because they need something and don't have it. If I deliver it, they'll be happy and then you'll be happy later when you get your BIREs. It might take a few minutes for them to crank them out, but they will.

jdubeau1986
x4

Post by jdubeau1986 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 07:37

Are you refereing to the Bonus pack download from the egosoft main site or another pack?

I was looking at the bonus pack on the egosoft website earlier, I hadn't looked at what it all did if it that ill take a look now.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 16:39

jdubeau1986 wrote:Are you refereing to the Bonus pack download from the egosoft main site or another pack?

I was looking at the bonus pack on the egosoft website earlier, I hadn't looked at what it all did if it that ill take a look now.
Yeah, one in the sticky Specifically this part.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 19:57

It's also worth keeping this in mind for the future, because BIREs are GREAT sellers. A self sufficient BIRE producing complex is a virtually guaranteed permenant moneymaker. I have one in Herrons Nebulae. Completely safe, and has three nearby Equipment docks to keep stocked up. Good little earner that. Not as good as an illegal goods complex, but a very consistent, fairly healthy source of cash.
Last edited by Nyax on Wed, 25. Jul 07, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 22:47

Although this changes as you go on (game engine) I found the complexes in Depths of Silence (one in the middle of the sector, one way up and slightly right of the centre line) were often full. Or the one in Menelaus' Paradise.

Sorry they are at opposite ends of the universe!!

M

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 14:44

as Maphys says, usually Depths of Silence and Menelaus Paradise have IRE Complex, other sectors that have either a complex or standalone fact are Great Reef and Barren Shores.

Asmodesu
x3

Post by Asmodesu » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 14:18

IRE's are useless. Buy some PAC's or something.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 15:03

Ire's aren't useless :!: :!: . I use them often against m5's and fast m4's. Not to total destroy them totally, just to shoot when i don't have energy left or when they fly to fast, I have them on all my personal ships.

tclord
x3

Post by tclord » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 15:30

Bah! PACs are weak too! Get yourself some PPCs! That's a mans weapon!

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 17:35

Asmodesu wrote:IRE's are useless. Buy some PAC's or something.
Can't beat them for missile defence. Low drain, fast fire, high speed of shot. I have been sent spinning a lot less since I went PAC->IRE in my turrets!

And HEPTs are the only way to fire. Anything which cannot fit them is a glorified missile. PPCs are nice if you like pretending you are flying in a snowglobe.
:wink:

M

kendral77

Post by kendral77 » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 18:37

maphys wrote:
Asmodesu wrote:IRE's are useless. Buy some PAC's or something.
Can't beat them for missile defence. Low drain, fast fire, high speed of shot. I have been sent spinning a lot less since I went PAC->IRE in my turrets!

And HEPTs are the only way to fire. Anything which cannot fit them is a glorified missile. PPCs are nice if you like pretending you are flying in a snowglobe.
:wink:

M
I personally find mosquitoes to be more effective at missle defense (unless I forget to restock :roll: )

Besides, in the ships I like to fly (very fast ones) they do not have a rear turret, so I have to use mos for mis def

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”