[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 17:49

http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewarticle ... icleid=301

I'm left with that when I click;

The X-Tended Mod 0.7.5 FULL version.
This is the complete XTM package which includes all files needed to play XTM 0.7.5.
ONLY download this version if you do not have a previous XTM 0.7.* installation.
>>>Click for the full download. Includes installation instructions<<<

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 17:53

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 17:54

Thanks Sartorie,

downloading it now :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 19:55

Hi guys

I'm posting this as I do not know if I have the most up to date version of XTM? My game starts up with XTM 0.7a splashed over the loading screen.

I am currently in the process of downloading the full 0.7.5 version (in case its needed in future) as well as the patch version. However I also have:

XtendedModScripts-V0.71b-28.05.2007

This is present in Cycrows PM. Do I need an updated version of that to? or is the patch/full versions I'm downloading all I need?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

edit: Almost forgot to ask: Is a restart required if I need to update?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

captainradish
x4

Original Trading Scripts

Post by captainradish » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 06:43

I apparently accidently deleted the script that handles autotrading. I can't buy the Trading Computer Mk3 and when I just give it to myself with the cheat scripts it doesn't do anything. I cannot sector trade or universe trade. Does anyone have the original scripts or can direct me to where I can get them? I have absolutely no desire to re-install.

If it makes a difference, I'm running the newest patch plus XTM.

baric
x4

Post by baric » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 08:34

They are part of the bonus pack. so it is possible to just reinstall that BUT it may jack up your XTM game. You can always us ethe community script collection sticky and find the script there...it will have a (signed) next to it.

Good Luck.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Original Trading Scripts

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 10:13

captainradish wrote:If it makes a difference, I'm running the newest patch plus XTM.
Only the authors of XTM could tell whether XTM makes a difference here. Merged.

Autotrader (aka Trade Mk3, aka ST/UT) is not part of Bonuspack; it is part of stock game. However, Bonuspack did update (undocumented) at least some of its files, possibly all, so (re)install of Bonuspack might solve the problem.

However, it is technically possible that XTM has "fixed" some autotrader files too, and about that I can say nothing.

Further question. If you did delete some files, how do you know that only autotrader files were deleted? IIRC, a script can call another script, and gives no instant error if that another script (file) does not exists. The call simply returns null or something like that. So errors may lurk in many places.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 14:39

I know it is only the one file setup.plugin.autotrade because I made the mistake of trying to install the apricot gunboat mod without backing up any files. I accidently just cut and pasted the script files without backing anything up.

Edit: I found a copy of the file in my scripts.backup3107 folder. Hooray! Now my autotrading is working like it's supposed to. I'm not really sure whether there was any difference between this file and the one I deleted, but at least sector trading is now working.

Gareth2050
x3

A Few Questions

Post by Gareth2050 » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 09:10

Just got X3 so I've come well late to the game.
A few things have got me baffled.... First of what is the 'Vannila' is it the EMP?
Also i've downloaded XTM and got it working but my old save game (bankrupt Assassin) does not work, is this normal for a Mod.
Also my version of XTM states on the loading screen that its version 0.7a, but I keep seeing XTM 0.7.5 mentioned but I can't find a link for it.

jlehtone
x4

Re: A Few Questions

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 12:22

Gareth2050 wrote:A few things have got me baffled....
First, Forum Posting rules are explicit. Merged to relevant thread for the XTM questions.

"Vanilla" means the non-modified game. Installation of Bonuspack is considered to be part of vanilla though (and is highly recommended). All other scripts and mods (like XTM) are "not vanilla".

SecondAcc
x3tc

Re: A Few Questions

Post by SecondAcc » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 14:15

Gareth2050 wrote: Also i've downloaded XTM and got it working but my old save game (bankrupt Assassin) does not work, is this normal for a Mod.
It's normal.
Gareth2050 wrote:Also my version of XTM states on the loading screen that its version 0.7a, but I keep seeing XTM 0.7.5 mentioned but I can't find a link for it.
That's normal, too.

Ezequeel

Post by Ezequeel » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 17:46

lol I feel really stupid.

having trouble trying to figure out how to open the xtendmod script patch
and yes i read the post but still finding it hard to understand

justice1992
x4

XTM COmpatible mods dont work with my XTM HELP?

Post by justice1992 » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 21:59

tell me why does my star trek ships (XTM COMPLATABLE dont want to work with XTM? this is very frustrating! okay listen, when the game starts up i imeddiatley view the shipyard then i can see all my ships on the shipyard list then the game makes a fast flash and then the ships just dissapear! (The Ships i added with Plugin manager installer)

why dont it work? i mean it is XTM COMPATABLE after all and i have done a clean installation then patched my game to the latest patch available for x3 reunion then i intalled XTM, someone help please? :(

and the authors of the ships are MM and Kris, i tried to run one authors ship at a time and even downloaded the MM Kris compatibilty installer but still it wont stay in the shipyard, the problem lies with XTM, Kris and MM's ships run fine on the Vanilla X3 reunion. HELP :?

{Forum Rules. Merge. jlehtone}

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:34

uninstall and reinstall the ships you downloaded via Cycrow's Puglin Manager.
Sometimes the download may be corrupted, so another thing you can try is to download those ships again.

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 22:59

One of the issues XTM brings up with bad installs is Rock Beetle Shells and Shivian Dragon Scales selling for millions. However, some of the other things in my XTM game indicate it went fine (No Pirate Novas with Otas Shields, Otas Repear has 3x 125 MJ shields, etc.)

I haven't gotten around to Maelstrom and the Unknown Sectors, but I can't quite tell if my install is okay or not. I did a clean install of X3 from Steam (patched to 2.5), installed the Bonus Pack, and then XTM, and moved the files it specified...
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 00:07

Did you use the "check mod status" option in the AL menu?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 02:21

Yes, It says it's passed. The temptation to take out a rock beetle and get 18,000,000 is just something I'll have to deal with.
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Arx
x3tc

Lag!

Post by Arx » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 21:42

Hello, I have been having problems with my game. It's been working fine until today, but now I get just that bit of lag every in-game second (playing with SETA on is unbearable) - even when sitting in an empty system, even with no properties. It all began when I spawned myself a Terran Thor mk.2 (I am running XTM with the latest patches), and the lag just kept getting worse and worse. I switched to a Falcon because I thought the Thor model was giving my computer a hard time, and I got some improvements but it's still impossible to fight.

HOWEVER, I loaded up an older save game and it worked flawlessly.

I have 9 mercuries, a Nova, a Falcon, and 3 factories in different sectors if that matters any.

Windows Task Manager showed that I was using up less than a quarter of my RAM, and CPU Usage was sitting at ~40%.

I am running Disk Defragmenter atm to see if it will help.

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks in advance.[/b]

{merged from X3R Tech Support - Carlo}

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 22:10

I've seen the game lagging so much only in two occasions:
1) when there is a general turmoil in the whole X-universe (take as example using XTM script to reveal all map and placing adv satellites everywhere, including enemy sectors).
2) when there is a massive fight IS and many ships are using PPC at the same time (experienced in Heretics End after the plot end).

Are you running XTM 0.7.5, right?

What happens if you start a new game (any caimpaign is ok)?

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 22:32

Arx,

I have had the same effect when flying near my Argon Leviathan, (earned in plot) but only up close. Seems it was trouble rendering all the turrets and some of the lights.

But it is now parked well away in my home sector and is not visible when I enter the gate (Unknown Sector by Pats Retreat).

Just as a test, try going to an empty Unk sector (safe) and pop another out, then send it away until you can't see it anymore and see if the stutter is affected or starts when it comes in range. If it starts when you see it (trying to render) you might be able to reduce your GFX settings to compensate.

The other option is to check what scripts are running on that ship, maybe there is something churning that is bogging up the game engine.

My two cents anyway

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”