CLS MKI and mosquito missiles?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCrimsonBinome

CLS MKI and mosquito missiles?

Post by TheCrimsonBinome » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 09:28

I'm sorry to spam questions but I didn't find anything with the search and this is annoying me.

Why do my CLS MKI freighters insist on buying 20 mosquito missiles before they do anything? its just taking hold space as they are in very safe sectors (think: argon prime). And how do i stop this nonsense?

PS: in paranid prime theres a bunch of ships that are red to me, but sit there and don't move, fire or anything (except the turrets). Ive killed some of the ships with turrets (and also hurt my paranid rep alot) but would still like to know whats going on. It might have something to do with my flying through there while they hated me. is this supposed to happen? also, i cant tell them "weapons fire was in error" D:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 09:36

I think CLS will automatically make use of the Mosquito Missile Defence system if it is capable of doing so, e.g. it has both Fight Mk 1 and Fight Mk 2 software aboard. The only way to stop it doing that is to not install one of those pieces of software.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 10:31

It does this because it likes the missiles...

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 10:46

20 units of cargo space on a freighter is nothing. When the CLS pilot is done delivering the heavy stuff to your complex and starts jumping across the universe to deliver you 2 microchips over and over, then you'll have something to complain about.

The hostile, immobile fighters are ships that have no command script running on them. The game loses track of ships sometimes.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 11:23

Having Fight Mk2 (and high enough level) makes it do it. But MDM is useful only in sector, so it makes little sense to have it. You save credits by not buying Fight Mk2. You save CPU by not having the MDM running due to Fight Mk2. You probably do not lose CAGs to missiles in sector quite often anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”