posts split from XTM .7 NEWS thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jerp

Post by jerp » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 20:48

happy happy joy!!!

Since this mod is signed by Egosoft, will my game be considered "modified" like I installed Roguey's mod, or more like vanilla + bonus pack?

Icelord666
x3tc

Post by Icelord666 » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 21:21

well i tried to download this mod but then it said i had to look online to find a file to help me download the mod, and it gave me the choices of either "RARLAB WinRAR" or "WinAce", i dont know anything about either one of these programs, not to mention the fact that you have to buy RARLAB WinRAR and WinAce so how the heck am i supposed to download this thing if it wont let me?

Dark_Sun
x4

Post by Dark_Sun » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 21:43

All I can say is WOW :o . A very very good mod I like it. Is a german version planned?
***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Adlantis
x4

Post by Adlantis » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 21:56

Icelord666 wrote:well i tried to download this mod but then it said i had to look online to find a file to help me download the mod, and it gave me the choices of either "RARLAB WinRAR" or "WinAce", i dont know anything about either one of these programs, not to mention the fact that you have to buy RARLAB WinRAR and WinAce so how the heck am i supposed to download this thing if it wont let me?
You could use 7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/ It is able to unpack .rar and .7z
and it's free :)
Dark_Sun wrote:All I can say is WOW :o . A very very good mod I like it. Is a german version planned?
Currently they're working on a german version.
Weh mir Frevler, dass ich schoss
den Schicksalsvogel Albatros!
Dreimal wehe, dass ich traf!
Dafür trifft mich des Schicksals Straf’!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 22:32

jerp wrote:happy happy joy!!!

Since this mod is signed by Egosoft, will my game be considered "modified" like I installed Roguey's mod, or more like vanilla + bonus pack?
the mod isn't actually signed by egosoft, its still an unoffical, unsigned mod.

and you will still have a modified game if you use it

The Space Pope
x3

Post by The Space Pope » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 23:09

Wow, I tohught I'd stick with my vanilla game because I've done so much, but with a decent starting position (UTs set up) and so much on offer, how can I refuse?
Fantastic, and I'm not the sort of person to put mods in!

EDIT: Sorry, but I've never installed a mod before and the (unRARed) mod package isn't showing up when I try to install it, only .spk files will show. The guide just stops and says 'repeat previous step but with mod package'. How do I do that?
Is there an option on the script installer?
I might be being thick but I just don't get what the manual is saying there.

On second thoughts, this might be better asked in the modding forum.
Last edited by The Space Pope on Thu, 14. Jun 07, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.

=VipeR=
x3ap

Post by =VipeR= » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 23:16

Hi,

Thats great news, and this looks like a great mod.

Can someone please tell me if this mod is or will be, compatible with the Linux version of X3?

Thank you.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 00:37

:o Holy Argnu Cows! :o I'm away from the forum for a few days, and all this stuff is here when I come back. :o :o :o :o

I am downloading everything.

Does using the mod mean we need to start a new game - or does it instal over an existing game?

:o :thumb_up: :rofl:
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 01:04

This is the site for WinRar. Enjoy.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 02:59

Wow :o This is the first time I've actually seen Ego advertise a mod. I think the devs should learn from what XTM has added and add even more in the next epansion or game.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 03:12

ThommoHawk wrote::o Holy Argnu Cows! :o I'm away from the forum for a few days, and all this stuff is here when I come back. :o :o :o :o

I am downloading everything.

Does using the mod mean we need to start a new game - or does it instal over an existing game?

:o :thumb_up: :rofl:
Saves are not compatible; but you really want to start out from Day 1 on this mod anyway. It just increases the fun factor. :D
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 03:42

One question here that I didn't see asked or answered how does this mod work with the Bala Gi upgrade?
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 04:48

YBnorml wrote:One question here that I didn't see asked or answered how does this mod work with the Bala Gi upgrade?
It requires the latest version of X3, aka Bala Gi.

Gus man B
x3tc

Installation and Saved games.

Post by Gus man B » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 05:17

How do I install this mod?
I have never installed one before.
Where does the XtendedModScripts-V0.71b-28.05.2007.spk file go
and the large 337.3 MB file go?

Also, about saved games:

I have A very nice size Empire going with many UT freighters and I have gathered almost all the types of stations in the game, including factories, Weapons forges an I Even have a Trading Station to accompany my HQ, so I would like to know how i can backup my saved Game files before i install.
I would also like to know if My saves will work with this or will I loose all my hard work and high rankings with the 5 races?

Thanks
Gustav
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Core i7 980X @ 3.33Ghz QPI (6 core)
ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution Motherboard
Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
Crucial M4 128 & 256 SSD's
ATI Radeon R9 290x GPU
Water Cooled Via Swiftech and EK Waterblocks
Antec HPC 1000W Cont. Power Supply (Full Modular)
LG 10X BD-ROM, LITE-ON 24X Disc Drives

ChristensenCT
x4

Post by ChristensenCT » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 07:20

I downloaded and unzipped the large, 300+ meg file, but it is not the correct format. It is simply a folder with a dat file in it; it needs to be in .spk format to be installed with the Plugin Manager. Is there a way to convert this file?

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 08:24

the *.cat and *.dat file are the mod files
.spk is a format used by the plugin manager much like winrar uses a .rar file
it is just a way of carrying the contents in one compressed package

if you download the rar package you need to extract the *.cat and *.dat yourself

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 08:47

Syndrome wrote:Wow :o This is the first time I've actually seen Ego advertise a mod.
Then you missed the advert for the cockpit mod.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Icelord666
x3tc

Post by Icelord666 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 08:47

sweeeet thanks man, well i gotta say i give props to "Adlantis" you're my new hero dude haha

shaub100
x4

Post by shaub100 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 11:52

I'm having a problem installing this. I can install the XTM mod scripts fine with cycrows installer but not the actual mod (xtm 7a). I've unzipped the download but in the folder there is no spk file. There is a DAT file and some others. Should I manually place these files in a folder?

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 12:22

looks good but I have a question can I play both my present game and this new mod on the same machine (can i switch of the mod so I can play my old game save)

if not any suggestions how I can still play both with only one PC

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”