Shadowtechs Improved shields Mod...Now Avalible for download

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ShadowTek
x2

Shadowtechs Improved shields Mod...Now Avalible for download

Post by ShadowTek » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 18:39

Ok I decided to change the default shields to survive colitions, I realize some people like the shields the way they were so this one not for you, those of you who are interested this is the read me included with the Mod:

Shadowtechs Improved shields

Well I got sick of loseing my ships to Collitions so I re-desined the shields now to give extra power to ALL ships for better collition protection. This is the current shield settings, note that ALL ships are affected not just player ships

Before--------------------Now

1 MW---------------------5 Mw
5 Mw---------------------25 MW
25 MW-------------------75 MW
125 MW-----------------250 MW

Notice each shield before was 5x stronger than the pervious shield, I kept that pattern up to the 125 MW (and 75MW) shield cause the next step would be a 625 MW shield but that seemed a little high so I doubled it to a 250 MW shield, still significally stronger than the 75 MW Shield.

All text, factorys, etc has been changed to reflect the new shields so shield factorys will reflect proper names

Place the TShields.txt in your "Types" Directory remove the TShields.pck file

Place the 440001.xml file in your "t" Directory remove 44001.pck file

NOTE: Backup these files first

As usual you must have unpacked your data files with stone d's program, see official forums on "how to"

Known Issues:
when you load a saved game, and look at your shield strength, it will show shield str at 300% or what ever, to have it show correctly just remove shields and re-equipt them, then it will show correctly. although weather you do this or not doesnt matter cause you will still have the correct new shield str, Note that ALL ships will still have the correct new shield strength's, it'll just show there shields at 300% strength.

If you Start a new game all shield str will show normaly at 100 %

All Text in game including factory names and descriptions will reflect the new shield strengths :) However as I cant change the computer voice, it will still audible call shields and factorys by old names.

As usual I uploaded to http://www.xscripting.com/
should be up soon
Last edited by ShadowTek on Fri, 2. Jan 04, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 19:20

PS...This will also make Destroyers and carriers MUCH harder to destroy, I always thought that being able to take out a destroyer with a fighter was unrealistic, now you will actually need to tag team them...as it should be, another good thing about this I think is theres a stronger need to own more ships as if your planning on attacking someones fleet, you will actually need a fleet of your own otherwise enemy destroyers will simply laugh at you :)

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 21:27

Mod is now on http://www.xscripting.com/ :D Look for it in the Defence section under X2 mods

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 23:05

Well, it makes the shield piercing Mass Driver a more useful gun... :wink:

Another idea was to allow some ship to equip more shields? Let the Argon M5 take up to 5 1MW shields instead of only 3. That is one way to get the same effect...good Mod though.

Can you make a Mod with no changes to shield, but only to TShips with extra number of Max shields allowed? :idea: Max Shield Mod.

I wonder if the default AI ships would make thier new ships with the maximum allowed shields, or if you would need to change the default loadout number for them too (not necessary). EDIT: Start new game, the AI and NPC will equipe thier ships to the maximum allowable shields such as A_M5 has 5000 from 5* 1MW. Functional.

Would it be worth it?

Anywayz...

Good work, Shadowtech! :)
Last edited by Slocket on Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

neuron
x2

Post by neuron » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 23:31

in theory, I think + shield like you have it now, and - damage for psg's would be a nice mod.

but I'm lazy, and I'd want someone else to thurgly test the combo first, to make sure it doesen't make something work incredibly bad.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:20

@Slocket

I thought about that first but decided against it, because some ships have little cargo space avalible as it is and equipting more shields would take up more cargo space. Also it would make loseing a shield more common, and some shields are pretty hard to find, also not sure the computer ships would get the extra shields so that would give the player a advantage over the computer, and the computer AI needs all the help it can get LOL.
Another reason I went this route was to make M2's, M3's, TL's etc. harder to take down, I wanted the player to need multiple ships to take out a desstroyer, cause if a solo fighter can take down a destroyer, Its not much of a destroyer IMHO. The new shields help allot for sustaning a head on collition, and if you use my "Faster lasers" Mod, the AI will have a better chance of hitting you cause you wont be 1km away by the time the laser actually gets to your location :)

But in answer to your question, it wouldnt be hard at all to make a mod the way you mentioned, Id just be afraid of unbalanceing any one ship ya know.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:23

@Shadowtech

UPDATE: Good point. I see that. OK sounds good to me. BTY the AI does get the extra shields when new created. Your way is a better solution. This way everyone has the same Mod to play with -so to speak.

Faster speed bullets for lasers is not bad either to help overcome the AI Lead Targeting bug and further engagement distance is good idea too.

Check this out and see what you think:

:!: I changed the main body in TCollisions to -1 and there is alot less actual colliding from ramming.

The ship model is made up of parts. Main body, Engine, Cockpit, Guns. If you change all these to -1, you and others with your ship model are ghost and can fly through a station without damage.

I changed the Main body so that you will still take damage from cockpit and lose guns, extensions, but a heck of alot less probabiltity.

You can set the chance for a part to be damage % chance, and if not, how much is applied to hull.

Try altering the TCollisions.pck for a A_M5 and see what I mean. Alot less 'collisions' damage from ramming; IE no 'Instant Death' from collsion.

Tones down collision damage alot, but still makes you normally vulnerable to gun fire, missle; and no flying through stations or battleship (instant death).

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:38

Yes I remember reading all you hard work at figureing this all out, I looked at it myself, but it didnt look like all ships were covered in that file:

1;
/second parameter is reduced bodyversion used for collision check, -1=no collisions
/ bit 0x100 = force collision, ignore full transparent bodies
/bodyid;reducedbody;
390; 256; / space flies are fully transparent, but must have a rapid box!
225; 256; / bullet for wide area weapons must have a rapid box
71; 0;
77; 0;
11;-1;
79; 0;
875; 0;
320; 0;
822;-1; // factory spotlight
97;-1; // warpgate vortex
710;-1; // Nebula in station inner
529;-1; // Nebula in station inner
580;-1; // smoke
89;-1; // engine effect
905;-1; // engine effect
912;-1; // engine effect
773;-1; // engine effect
770;-1; // engine effect
779;-1; // engine effect
782;-1; // engine effects
783;-1; // engine effects
67;-1; // engine effects
102;-1; // engine effects
105;-1; // engine effects
108;-1; // engine effects
114;-1; // engine effects
127;-1; // engine effects
237;-1; // engine effects
239;-1; // engine effects
272;-1; // engine effects
273;-1; // engine effects
566;-1; // engine effects
89;-1; // turret body
90;-1; // turret body
91;-1; // turret body
980;-1; // turret body
981;-1; // turret body
10350;0; // Khaak M0 (with generators embedded)
874;2; // station docking bay brackets
55;3; // Argon M5 Engines
909;2; // Maco Wings
914;3; // Boron Cockpit
915;3; // Argon M5 Cockpit
106;3; // temporary: guns
107;3; // temporary: guns type 2
111;3; // temporary: gun barrel
375;3; // gun barrel 2
906;-1; // Dummy Body

It looks like only a few ships are actually covered here, does it actually cover every ship? also I was wondering if you make your hull less likely to take damage, does it make your installed components easyer to be destroyed?

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:48

You can add more ship components from different ships to this list.

You can look up the ID number for the model and just add it to list. Ther EXE will accept it. You can do it to everything.

I changed just the Body -1, there is less chance for a collision in the first place, but if there is one; your guns, equipment, and hull will randomly ( within the three groups) take damage normally as was before.

I think that 3, 4, 256 is the probability for damage -if none then applied to hull.

Overall, less chance for a collision from Ramming; but still you will take damage to everything else including Hull randomly as was, unless you want to change that too.

The Main Body is the biggest part of the ship model. If there is no collsion between it and the other ship; no damage at all from a ramming, but if enemy 'Cockpit' or 'Engine' part hits the target 'Gun' part you lose it chance or goes to hull damage.

Worth checking it out.

UPDATE: slow server.
***if you make your hull less likely to take damage, does it make your installed components easyer to be destroyed?***

Making the Main Body non-collideable does not affect the chance to damage installed components easier. It only reduces the chance for a Ramming between a Main body Model and another Main body Model that only occurs because you are getting rammed in the first place.

Weapon fire is still normal damage and equipment can be damaged as normal, or it gets subtracted from hull. The Cockpit and Engine and other parts can be damaged too if they are not flaged as -1.
Last edited by Slocket on Fri, 2. Jan 04, 01:08, edited 2 times in total.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Fri, 2. Jan 04, 00:55

Ok got it :thumb_up: Thanks, I learn something new everyday, I'll look into it, cool you can add things to list, I didnt know that :wink: Sounds like a really good idea, I'll start playing around with it. :)

BroncoGuy82
xr

Re: Shadowtechs Improved shields Mod...Now Avalible for download

Post by BroncoGuy82 » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 18:15

i know the point it to make shields stronger for everyone but is there a way to keep these out of the npc's hands?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Shadowtechs Improved shields Mod...Now Avalible for download

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 19:05

A 15 year necro, are you going for a record? It's so old it was never moved to the Scripting and Modding forum! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”