Making Money for Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

argon_emperor
x4

Making Money for Avarice

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:18

Is there any easy way to make enough money to bid for Avarice? I've got nowhere near enough, and I think somewhere it was said that you only have so long to bid! Need help please, any would be greatly appreciated!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:24

Take a big ship into Xenon sectors and kill J's and K's. They drop lots of PPC's, which will fund Avarice, if you really, really want it. :P I used my Hyperion, and made over 500 million in three game days that way. Also got a number of capped fighters due to the PSG's on the Hyp. :D

I did this in my old Kha'ak game just to see if I could, and to get the 'proof of purchase'. Saved the game, bought Avarice, made lots of screenshots, then reloaded. There's so much more to use all that cash for besides simply buying the right to put my name on a sector. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:30

I reverse engineered my Hyperion, and now I don't have enough cash to rebuild it! (Stupid how you need credits to build your own, but ahh well)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:33

argon_emperor wrote:I reverse engineered my Hyperion, and now I don't have enough cash to rebuild it! (Stupid how you need credits to build your own, but ahh well)
You gotta feed and clothe them slave laborers. And pay for the guards with the whips. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:36

How long does the bidding for Avarice last? And by the way, I actually set my HQ up in Avarice. There's a really nice nebula in the background that nicely suited my idea of aesthetically pleasing. So I've sort of claimed it already, I just like the idea of legally owning a sector.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:36

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Basicly...build up a 200M+ per day factory/UT empire being dirt poor for 16 days then rocket up to the money to buy the sector. Or you can run XI missions and raid Xenon sectors till your eyes bleed.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:42

Kor'ah wrote:http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Basicly...build up a 200M+ per day factory/UT empire being dirt poor for 16 days then rocket up to the money to buy the sector.
At which point, you're dirt poor again. :P
Or you can run XI missions and raid Xenon sectors till your eyes bleed.

Which you'll probably do anyway, now that you're dirt poor again. :lol:

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:51

I didn't stay poor for long. Had my first Python bought less then 24 hours after winning the auction. Ever remember the old 80's move "brewster's millions"? I ended up with exactly the same problem in that game.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 02:00

What kind of complex would you recommend for a 200M a day for profits?
Sorry that I don't know how to quote previous posts.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 02:13

I had several going in that game.

-6x Closed loop Booze/weed complex. 72M per day

-A pair of high tech Closed loop complexes before I discovered no loops where total win. ~50M per day.

-Turned the entire paranid second duchy into a massive weapons production complex. I was planning on Buying two capital ships per day and arming them from internal production while supporting full m7 production at the same time. When selling all output 100+ million per day.

-25 UTs who's numbers fell to under 5 before I rebuit the army with armed caimen SFs while bidding on the sector. Can't really give a solid ballpark figure on this.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 06:07

Where would you recommend putting one or two weed complexes?
Also, where would you have the sector traders working? Mine is always going on standby after about 10min or so.

tclord
x3

Post by tclord » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 17:06

I'm up to just over the 6th day now, with:

20 UTs
22 wheat farms L
22 space fuel distilleries L
10 dream farms L
10 bliss places L
2 SPP XL
2 Chelt aquariums L
1 Ore mine (102 yield) L
2 Silicon mine (64, 56 yields) L

Income is probably right around $200 million credits a day. The factories alone should be somewhere between $108 to $282 (according to my calculations). ROI between 2.21% to 5.79%.

What I've found so far is that it's probably not best to complex too many wheat farms, distilleries, dream farms, bliss places together. There is only limited docking available for a complex, regardless of it's size. So I'm thinking keeping them to 6 + 6 (12 factories total) to a complex is good. So for any given sector, I would recommend one 6 wheat + 6 fuel complex and one 6 swamp + 6 weed complex. Adding a SPP L and a SPP M to each of these complexes should take care of the energy cell need, so you only have to import crystals instead of energy cells, which can be handles more easily by a CAG. One Hauler class TS CAG should then be able to handle it I think.

As for where to put them, you could put them anywhere really. Somewhere with a lot of ships in the sector might be best. Somewhere safe, with police patrolling around the sector, is also a good idea. Argon Prime and Kingdom End are two good sectors to go with.

I think the best way to build up quickly is:

1) Build up a UT fleet, 10-20 or so to create a base income stream
2) Build at least 1 Ore mine and 1 Silicon mine, maybe more.
3) Build up 3 wheat/fuel and 3 swamp/weed complexes to create 2nd stream
4) Start building other factories, basic ones.
5) Build advanced factories.

By basic factories, I mean SPPs, and the factories that will supply them (food, silicon mines, crystal fabs). Only complex them together with like factories, i.e. you can complex together 2 bogas factories, but don't combine a bogas and bofu factory, though. It'll all work out better this way.

For advanced factories, things like weapons, shields, etc. Stuff that doesn't support other factories really.

Once you have done step 4, and if you have these factories in one sector, it becomes an excellent sector to train your sector traders in.

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 22:43

Ore mine (102 yield) L

where did you find such a roid ? the highest i found was 52 or some

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 22:56

The bidding for Averice lasts till day 25, so no rush.
And if you can't get you hands on a billion credit in 25 days, you must be a goner.
Spend all availible cash on building a production empire for 20 days, then save for 5. Any time a factory starts showing a profit, take it, spend it.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 02:38

argon_emperor wrote:Where would you recommend putting one or two weed complexes?
Also, where would you have the sector traders working? Mine is always going on standby after about 10min or so.
For my own sanity I break up the booze/weed operation into three different complexes.

1: closed loop Silicon mineing operation in Elena's Fortune who's silicon feeds into number two.

2: 2x XL SSP, 10x Crystal Fab Ms, 4x Bofu L, 4x BoiGas Ls. PLaced in "The Wall". Just about all E-Cells feed into number three.

3: 6x Space fuel Distillery L, 6x Wheat Farm L, 6x Bliss Place L, 6x Dream Farm L. Been placeing this in PE in past games but might give Ringo moon a try this time.

As for STs going on standby. Yup, They do that alot. Just have to grumble through it till they hit level 10 then switch over to UT mode. Then do some more grumbleing till they hit level 17 and take off like rockets. Since I homebase all my ST/UT ships at a split trade dock placed in Home of light (looks very nice) dealing with 25 of the gits takes very little of my play time.

tclord
x3

Post by tclord » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 14:20

Forsaker wrote:Ore mine (102 yield) L

where did you find such a roid ? the highest i found was 52 or some
You can find it in Midnight Star.

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 14:48

thx much

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”