X3 - SETA Rep killer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

X3 - SETA Rep killer

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:38

:evil: @ EGOSOFT - Is there any way for people with work/families/normal lives to lead TO SWITCH OFF THE REP KILLING TIME RESTRICTION ON USING SETA.

Its driving me nuts, I appreciate the reasoning behind it the extra challenge/longevity

But would more appreciate having the choice to switch the damned thing off occasionally.

Situation - Got my PHQ, running XTM (slightly harsher environment), cant afford next door complex, cant use UT without filling up my PHQ with one product, solution... micro management of PHQ station manager with commercial agents and having lots of stations and STs to keep the cash flow going and cant use SETA without mothering it = ONE LONG INCREDIBLY BORING AND SOMEWHAT TEDIOUS GOING BACK TO SAVES AFTER SOME OF MY ECONOMY BUILDERS GET BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS WAIT.

Please is there a script we can disable ??
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:40

Nope it's hardcoded. Hard Cheese.
Remember kids, murder kills!!

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:43

quote from Unlucky Alf - 'Bugger'
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:46

Although you could always script your reps back up to where they were before your SETArisation, but don't ask me how because I'm not all that script savvy.

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:47

Don't use it,

and for the problem with your UT's set the price to the minimum, and the option trade with other race's to none, they won't visit you anymore.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:53

Yep but that defeats providing for the PHQ with commercial agents too. I turned my UTs into STs while working the station, and switched off trading with other races this way the commercial reps provide all wares added (and more critically stick to the amount I have set for storage space for each ware) without the need for the complex which I cant afford just yet. I will change prices low again when the jobs I want the PHQ have been completed, then turn my STs back into UTs, and build up the cash for the complex. But in XTM UTs have to be quite meaty, and I dont have the cash to make them my major cash cows at the mo.
Last edited by alt3rn1ty on Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 21:59

Did anyone else hear the Xenon 101 song in their heads as you read that?

X3 is a time investment, but unlike an MMO, you control the time that you use. 1 game can easily last you a year, even with the casual player.. that is a lot of game time ;)

Loosing ships happens, you are better off replacing them than reloading everytime you loose one. Check why you are loosing ships, check why your ut's are using your headquarters, and only use seta when you are traveling. You will be suprised how much time goes by when you use seta for travel.. I assume you do travel :P
If you are on seta X10, you should make a key input every 6 minutes of traveling seta. I use this time to monitor my owned properties window. Using the mouse keys you wont break seta doing it.

mrkdhrvy
x4

Post by mrkdhrvy » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:00

If I understand your main problem correctly, you don't want to allow your UT to run hog-wild across the universe and filling up your PHQ with one product.

If thats the case, then simply set the ware inventory limit and all should be good. You can do that in the extra commands feature of your PHQ.

Hope this helps.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:09

@ mrkdhrvy - No fella, my mine problem is not having enough time in a day to do everything I want to... And UTs dont stick to the ware limits you set, they just ignore it and fill your PHQ up regardless, hence solutions like using next door complex and CLS. My method works but UTs have to be put on hold.

@ incubi - Love the avatar, my eldest daughter is curious where it came from?

Seeker of Sohnen.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:12

mrkdhrvy wrote:If thats the case, then simply set the ware inventory limit and all should be good. You can do that in the extra commands feature of your PHQ.
No he cannot, for the UT knows nor cares nothing about those limits. (But one could edit the UT script.)

SETA does not drop ranks. Letting the game run by itself does. SETA simply speeds up how much you let the game run by itself.

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:13

I'm afraid you have a choice, either a life OR X3, she's a demanding mistress that requires all your attention.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:15

and for an insight into why it doesnt work check these two threads out:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 32#1941632

Seeker of Sohnen.

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:18

jlehtone wrote:
mrkdhrvy wrote:If thats the case, then simply set the ware inventory limit and all should be good. You can do that in the extra commands feature of your PHQ.
No he cannot, for the UT knows nor cares nothing about those limits. (But one could edit the UT script.)

SETA does not drop ranks. Letting the game run by itself does. SETA simply speeds up how much you let the game run by itself.
And don't forget SETA cripples what little AI there is already due to having the processor decide what happens much quicker.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:20

jlehtone wrote:

Set the items to lowest, and the ut's wil pick them up and sell them lol. I keep mine set to standard, and the uts only occasionaly pick it up for a sale... but heh if they are selling that item for more than the normal price.. I won't complain.... I have had no problems having what I need in stoick to make my own ships :D

And on th eseta thing, yeah 1 hour of inactivity gives teh hit, that is 6 minutes in seta x10.

At op, the avatar is Faye Valentine from cowboy Bebop, the little succubus cutie is from http://www.gaiaonline.com/ I have not played it, but used a fun tool to create her with :D

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:23

Awrite fellar!
sexy beast wrote: Where there's a will, there's a way... And there's always an effin way
dya like my attempt to be masculine? Hahah! Anyways.
best way to do this is AL.
I haven't wrote this script so I'm workin purely on my know how.
Step one: Create an AL Plugin
if you don't know how copy somebody's or go to Cycrows site in the help section, creating an AL plugin. Set the timer to 60seconds
Step two: Get current race rep
call this script AL.get.race.rep and call it in the init/reinit section of your al plugin.

Code: Select all

$arg.rep = Argon -> get race notoriety Player
$bor.rep = Boron -> get race notoriety Player
$spl.rep = Split -> get race notoriety Player
$par.rep = Paranid -> get race notoriety Player
$tel.rep = Teladi -> get race notoriety Player
set global variable name:'argon.rep' value:$arg.rep
set global variable name:'boron.rep' value:$bor.rep
set global variable name:'split.rep' value:$spl.rep
set global variable name:'paranid.rep' value:$par.rep
set global variable name:'teladi.rep' value:$tel.rep
okay, that gets your starting rep.
Call this one in you're timer section

Code: Select all

$arg.rep = get global variable name: 'argon.rep'
$bor.rep = get global variable name: 'boron.rep'
$spl.rep = get global variable name: 'split.rep'
$par.rep = get global variable name: 'paranid.rep'
$tel.rep = get global variable name: 'teladi.rep'
Argon -> set race notoriety Player to:$arg.rep
Boron -> set race notoriety Player to:$bor.rep
Split -> set race notoriety Player to:$spl.rep
Paranid -> set race notoriety Player to:$par.rep
Teladi -> set race notoriety Player to:$tel.rep
assuming that tou do this right, everytime you wish to leave SETA on, turn the AL plugin on and hit J.
The Plugin will get you're rep when I'ts turned on and reset it to the original value every minute gametime, so every 6secs setaX10 time.
Should take you about 15 minutes to script at most.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:28

@ incubi - Thx :wink:

@ ninjitsumonk - Major thx, have dabbled in scripting before, I think you just gave me a reason to give it a good go this time <scrabbles around for big kiss smiley> :boron: (have a soggy one with tentacles instead)

Seeker of Sohnen.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 22:41

Ooooo! Tentacle kissy! Never had one of those before :P
Cool, if you know a lil bit about scripting then this'll take a lot less time. It's just a simple script and it won't allow you to gain rep or anything but what it will do is allow you to leave the game running and your rep wont suffer.
Simple yet effective.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 23:00

As it's now a scripting thread...
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Fri, 17. Aug 07, 03:45

You can always run it unattended without SETA and use a handy de-ranking circumvention device(rubber band around a button on your gamepad mapped to something that works in the menu interface like page-down).

I actually am using a Belkin N50 speedpad and a joystick when I play now and I can map the "on" position of the speedpad's wheel to a key via Joy2Key and set it to Autofire. That way I can just turn "unattended mode" on when I have to go to work. :D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 15:53

:D I just found another solution to all my time related problems... dont have Video Enhancement Goggles on your commercial Reps, it stops them jumping :roll: ..... so now the trades and credits are rolling in from all corners of the universe and watching the grass growing is no longer an attractive pass time while playing X3 and XTM

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”