UFO's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vasiah
x3tc

UFO's?

Post by Vasiah » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 09:14

THIS IS IN X3 -

What purpose do the UFO's have? I saw one in Barren Shores, and I have no idea what it's purpose is. Is it just a nice addition that Egosoft put in to make us hunt for? I saved my game, and destroyed it, as I didn't know what else it was for, haha. Then I get an anomalous cargo reading, from invisible cargo. It seemingly follows you, and cripples your ship pretty bad. Cool, eh? Invisible exploding cargo...

I've got screenshots if some people haven't seen one (X is a damn big universe, for any noobs reading this). Just tell me if you haven't see one, and I'll upload some screens.

zumbo1
x3tc

Post by zumbo1 » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 10:28

I have seen three. The first one I saw was badly damaged its hull was probably around 20%.

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 11:18

I saw one almost everyday, it has round plate shape, it's bluish in colour, it has various small dents, it usually docked on my front yard, it has dogbite marks all over it, oh, and it's made of plastic. The Terrans called it "Freezbie" :P

Ok, seriously, it has no definite purpose, it's just an "easter egg".

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 12:34

The really cool stuff comes when you find the hidden UFO base (it spawns in a random place at a random point in the game). From there you can buy the specs for Khaak ships, the Unkown ships and objects, the cloaking device along with all the standard upgrades for ships as jumpdrive, transporter and so on.

Spoiler
Show
Look for the UFO labelled U1423xY, get within 750 meters and comm it for the location of the base.

Dartillus

Post by Dartillus » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 12:36

How the hell are you supposed to find ONE ship in the whole X Universe?
You'l be searching until your grey and old :goner:

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 12:39

i want to see one! they sound cool :D
"only way to make world peace is to kill off every one... time to get to work"

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 14:05

Dartillus wrote:How the hell are you supposed to find ONE ship in the whole X Universe?
There is a reason for *why* only a handfull of ppl out of +200.000 have ever found it.... :roll:

Vasiah
x3tc

Post by Vasiah » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 15:38

Thanks all, ;). Now it's confirmed that it's an easter egg, can anyone tell me about it's unknown invisible cargo that hunts me down and cripple my ship when the UFO is destroyed?

@Augustus - Unknown Objects - Like the giant 3 TV screens in Elysium of Light, etc?

Mav'r'ck

Post by Mav'r'ck » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 16:18

UFO's do have a point...Thanks to Thommohawk.
Spoiler
Show
if you follow one long enough, it will eventually lead you to EVERY sector in X3.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 16:23

Dartillus wrote:How the hell are you supposed to find ONE ship in the whole X Universe?
Just keep your eyes open! I've seen them plenty of times when I have just been cruising around looking for things to kill. If you jump everywhere then you may well miss them, but if you fly about doing stuff then they turn up. I have no idea how many times they have turned up but I don't think of them as rare. Maybe I just spend too long looking at the sector map!!

It is like the mythical L ship variant, or the Nova Raider than bails, or the last Yaki Raijin variant you need - go looking for them and they never show. Relax, do other stuff and you'll trip over one soon enough!

M

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 16:26

Unknown objects as in immediatly knowing what a dropped container has in it when it contains an unknown object. Most of the time it is a couple of different missiles but sometimes It's immensly powerfull weapons that no buyable ship can carry in the unmodified game. But they are worth a fortune at the eq docks

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 16:31

Ah the MoM is up to mischief again.
Remember kids, murder kills!!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 16:41

If you ever see one in Black Hole Sun far to the north, follow it. It will take you around the planet to the old Xenon Monitoring Base.

:roll:
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 18:53

Xenon_Slayer wrote:If you ever see one in Black Hole Sun far to the north, follow it. It will take you around the planet to the old Xenon Monitoring Base.

:roll:
True, but the base is easy enough to find without the UFO... Just look for some asteroids with a great number of satellites close by... Although It's a pretty disappointing find... Not much different from normal argon trade stations around.

Don't hold your breath for finding that UFO base though as many have gone mad in the attempt before you...

Admiral Jeran Korak

Post by Admiral Jeran Korak » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 19:39

Augustini, with the very greatest respect to you, the ADMIN, the Mods, the average newbie, the trolls, Brend and EGOSOFT; Shut up

As a fine up-holder or honest RP, Gaming and a none-cheater for several years plus a great helper of newbies I simply cannot stand the noob-baiting you are getting up to.

@The original Poster.

UFO's are easter eggs. There is a UFO base, however all it is is a lump of old programming that was, has and never will be of any consequnce or use. If you look at the GOD engine reports you will notice that this useless station (It is just a lump in space, its not even a proper object) is actually spawned at the start of a new game but is immidiatly deleted by the GOD engine because of it's above-stated uselessness.

The UFO's spawn randomly. They do not "uncloak" they spawn exactly the same way as any other ship. They fly around in random patterns until destroyed or possibly are simply removed from the game. In vanilla they serve absolutely no purpose and the only thing you get from destroying them is a slight drop in Goner Reputation (Reason still unknown)

Just had to get that off my chest.

*Crawls into a dark corner and glowers at passers-by*
Admiral of the Gencore Tech Alliance.

The first official X-Universe factional RP!

poppycock
x2

Post by poppycock » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 19:46

^^^^^All together!!! *Oooooooohhhhhhh!!!*
Remember kids, murder kills!!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 23:02

:rofl:
Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts, calm & peaceful
Admiral Jeran Korak wrote:In vanilla they serve absolutely no purpose
Apart from the automatic mapping-service they provide (by following them)
Do you imply that some mods have put them to other uses?

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 07:20

Ha ha, talk about an angry camper! Fyi, most of what I've said here is accurate and the station in blackhole sun is real enough and does contain items for sale.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 10:19

the station in blackhole sun is real enough and does contain items for sale.
Thanks for that raising of doubts - I just checked the universe editor and found a station in BHS (the sector, not the department store) that I had never spotted before! Now I am off to see if it is still there in any of my games.

M

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 11:37

No probs maphys, but don't expect the station to have anything really usefull, as far as i remember (it's a year since i last visited it) almost no ships deliver goods to it and almost everything is out of stock.

But it's a pretty cool detail with a hidden station like that, there are a few stations in the normal universe (ie not modded) that has special stations like that. Some of the published universe maps contain information on wether or not a special station resides in sector but does not reveal at what coords the station is located.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”