Any one know how to stop your Wingmen shooting?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hansaw
x3

Any one know how to stop your Wingmen shooting?

Post by Hansaw » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 02:53

I have a hotkey to (Wingmen) Cease Fire but they do not.

Do I have to group them and then select the group or something before ordering them to stop shooting up my caps.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 03:01

Once the capture turns blue, they should stop shooting automatically. But sometimes the shots are already on the way. :cry:

If it is still red, they will still shoot. Usually. The self-defense command overrides all others. Sometimes you can stop it by setting their command to None, but you can't do that all at once. 8)

You might set them to attack another ship, instead of protecting you. Or just send them somewhere else and let the enemy go after them, then attack the stragglers yourself. :)

Also, check the new commands in the latest Bonus Script Pack. I think some of them are for fleet control.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 03:10

To get your engaged ships to break away from a battle is tricky. Try using the 'broadcast to all ships' > wingmen > navigation > dock at (station or carrier). Not the fastest way but worked for me most times. I usually used it when the enemy were down to one or two ships I wanted left for myself ... haven't done it in ages.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 03:22

If I'm trying to cap ships I usually tell my wingmen to standby. I'm using GMS so it's a single hotkey to tell them this, then one more to get them to follow me again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”