Question about the Gamma Kyon Emitter

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CaptG
x3tc

Question about the Gamma Kyon Emitter

Post by CaptG » Sat, 25. Aug 07, 00:37

Does anyone know why when you fire a Gamma Kyon Emitter it looks like the stations or ships show through the beam, almost like it was going behind the objects?

And sometimes when you fire it, especially if you have more than one and you are shooting at a small ship, some of the beams miss the target. It's kind of like they can't focus on one point. If you fire 8, maybe 3 or 4 will hit each time. The rest miss by just a little. It doesn't happen with larger ships though because they take up the whole firing area.

Has anyone fixed it?

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Sat, 25. Aug 07, 00:56

The Kyon Emitters are "reaper lasers", they do their best when you use them to "cut" the enemy.

CaptG
x3tc

Post by CaptG » Sat, 25. Aug 07, 01:04

Slice and dice... got it. What about being able to see objects in the background through the Gamma Kyon Emitter beam? It seems to be only ships that you can see through the beams.

KeBwOb
x2

Post by KeBwOb » Sat, 25. Aug 07, 22:33

CaptG wrote:Slice and dice... got it. What about being able to see objects in the background through the Gamma Kyon Emitter beam? It seems to be only ships that you can see through the beams.
Seem to remember the Gamma Ks doing that in X2 as well. I think that as you are not supposed to use them without mods, that escaped being noticed in playtesting?! IMO I think the slight inaccuracy of the beams is characteristic of the way the games weapons work as a whole, I think the particle weapons have similar slight inaccuracies, just they are not as noticable - think of the kyons as one long instant particle shot with no target leading.

JIM COLDHAM
x3tc

Post by JIM COLDHAM » Fri, 21. Sep 07, 05:06

Following on this topic, im playing XTM and have a ship capable of mounting Gamma Kyon's but where can i buy some to put on my ship, The Khaak never drop any during battle and fight things out till the death.
Is there a scrip / Mod that enables a station to sell these or better still a Fab that sells them that i can own.

Any help would be greatful as a ship that has slots for these weapons but no weapons to buy is pretty useless.
Remember to attack your foe head on and dont take your finger off the trigger until the dust has settled - DR DEATH.

Protrader
x3tc

Post by Protrader » Fri, 21. Sep 07, 16:42

Ashleys XXL fabs Mod has them in it.

davet9224
x3tc

gamma kyons

Post by davet9224 » Fri, 21. Sep 07, 18:10

the other day, i exterminated a khaak carrier, which dropped two gamman kyons, so they are dropped in battle, but very rarely,, these are the only ones i've been able to pick up.. this is in the vanilla game

travel light, fight to the death

JIM COLDHAM
x3tc

Post by JIM COLDHAM » Sat, 22. Sep 07, 04:10

Thanks for the updates, i dont suppose anyone has the direct link to Ashleys Fabs XXL. ??
Remember to attack your foe head on and dont take your finger off the trigger until the dust has settled - DR DEATH.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”