Ion Disruptor not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

hurin1
x3

Ion Disruptor not working

Post by hurin1 » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 04:20

Just loaded up a Nova with a pair of Ion Disruptors and when I fire I get the sound but no stream. Any ship in the vicinity (friend or foe) takes the hit and if friend ...well they aren't happy. Add to this it makes the shields go bye bye instantly.... probably not the intention.

If I unload one disruptor I get the stream and it seems to work right (but who wants one stream?). Three weapons loaded and the same problem occurs. It seems to be associated with having more than one loaded.

Vanilla setup. Patched.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 08:13

I think it's something to do with all the streams being fired from roughly the same place. The stream is there, but it turns invisible because of the overlap. Don't believe there's any fix for it, and as you point out anyway, the IDs still actually work...you just can't see them!

hurin1
x3

Not working quite right though

Post by hurin1 » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 17:39

I line up the crosshairs on the bad guy and it hits the capital ship sitting behind me. Makes them kinda pissed.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 20:09

Ion Disruptors have always been a little, well, wayward. They don't actually fire at what you have in the crosshairs, they jump to the nearest ship--I have to say I've not heard that happening when the nearest ship is actually behind you, but I suppose it's possible. (Most of the time you'd be flying toward your target so it would tend to be the closest vessel).

parameter
x3tc

ID friend or foe

Post by parameter » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 14:24

pjknibbs wrote:Ion Disruptors have always been a little, well, wayward. They don't actually fire at what you have in the crosshairs, they jump to the nearest ship--I have to say I've not heard that happening when the nearest ship is actually behind you, but I suppose it's possible. (Most of the time you'd be flying toward your target so it would tend to be the closest vessel).
:)
Aah! Friendly fire..I had same problem in X2 after toasting nearest allies and foe. I found the beam acted like a static discharge, not straight but kinked, going to nearest 'attractive' body. In my case a swining SpaceFly swarm. I had ID discharge going around the sector it seemed.

:oops:
veneratio supernus omni

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”