NO VOICE. Had it, now gone.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Slocket
x2

NO VOICE. Had it, now gone.

Post by Slocket » Sun, 4. Jan 04, 00:05

Same problem. NO voice. I tried "almost" everything posted here.

I had voices, now it is gone. I unistalled, re-installed, removed codecs, install codec, tried to clean up registry.

They put some folder in the computer somewhere since it KNOWs what your last setting was for stuff in options. :?:

The UNinstaller does NOT unistall everything. :!:

This problem will happen to you if you try to un-install and re-install the game in another folder.

EDIT: for content.
Last edited by Slocket on Sun, 4. Jan 04, 00:44, edited 2 times in total.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sun, 4. Jan 04, 00:24

Have you installed anything else recently. Say... right before the voices cut out?

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sun, 4. Jan 04, 00:40

Ok, I found the problem. alot of people will have this problem if they ever try to un-install and re-install the game.

X2 does not remove all files from your system (part of ts anti-piracy?).

It leaves file sharing links in the windows registry which you can remove with a low level search for hot keys.

That new Codec Winfst.exe, installed when installing whatever from Micro$haft, affects your DirectX 9 audio somehow. Shared links. I believe that is Mico$haft fault, not Egosoft. That codec should not behave that way.

:arrow: I re-installed DX9b one more time after cleaning registry and that fixed it.

Watch out for this problem on Windows ME OS systems in particular.

Now I feel much better. It should not have been this much of a hassle.

Thanks to you people who helped me out here and PM. :)

I hope Ego can polish this game up for next version. It is a good game, once you fight past the odd bugs.
Last edited by Slocket on Thu, 8. Jan 04, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Mon, 5. Jan 04, 22:50

Sorry for the noob question.. How do you clean the registry? which registry? If it works could someone in egosoft explain exactly what to do (I really don't like uninstalling stuff like that). I miss my voices!

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Thu, 8. Jan 04, 21:52

The tools to clean a registry and backup (a very good idea) are not free for Wme and WXP. There are some free trial versions to use. I used a limited functioning freebee called Registry Mechanic. It does a good job. It cleans half for free, but it will not do the rest unless you buy it.

The free Reg cleans for W ME and XP are command like and not for the n00b -mess up your registry real good if not know what you are doing. The comercial ones are very easy to use and n00b can use for fee.

First off, just try to re-instal DirectX 9b and see what happen to save you the trouble.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”