[SCRIPT] Split Spacefly Farms v1.0 by Nividium 9/09/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[SCRIPT] Split Spacefly Farms v1.0 by Nividium 9/09/2007

Post by Nividium » Sun, 9. Sep 07, 23:23

Nividium - Split Spacefly Farms Custom X3 Reunion Script Package.

Name of Script Package Split Spacefly Farms
Version Number 1.00
Date Released 9/08/2007
Last Updated 9/08/2007
Script Created For X3 Reunion v 2.0.02
File Package Available X3 Script Installer "SPK"

Download the "SPK" file format package here: Split Spacefly Farms

Description:

This script package allows you to buy Split Spacefly Farms from any Split Shipyard. You buy it just as you would any other station using your own TL or by hiring one. Then you buy the factory. The Split Spacefly Farm costs about 973,857 credits. The demand for spaceflies is huge. It is not uncommon to have line ups waiting to buy your spaceflies and the profit margin is very high, about 3000 credits per unit sold.

View a Split Shipyard selling Spacefly Farms here: Buy Spacefly Farm

Features:

- The Split Spacefly Farm produces Spaceflies. The farm requires Energy Cells and Scruffin Fruit. The Split farm workers and the spacefies both like to eat scruffin fruit.

- After the farm is placed in space, it takes about 1 minute for the farm workers inside to reset the product and primary resources for the factory. Once they have done that, it is ready for operations.

- The farm can be stand alone or it can be connected to a Scruffin Factory etc to form a Complex. Or, you can also connect it to any existing Complex that has Scruffin Factories in it.

- Warning: An uninstall was created to remove stand alone Spacefly Farms, but it is not included with this SPK package. Reason: If you connect your Spacefly Farm to a major Complex and then use the uninstall, the Complex would be completely disconnected and the Hub would be lost. So as it stands now, if you buy the Spacefly Farm then it is in your current game for keeps, no uninstalling and no refunds.

Installation: Use the X3 Script Installer.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Script Installer.

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: None

Text File Used: None

LuckyKnight
x3

Post by LuckyKnight » Mon, 10. Sep 07, 00:29

Thats cool. Spaceflies are really needed. For the Hunters, Cycrow has written a script, so You have wrote one for the Farmers :)

One thing: Your script uses no language file. This means, all text displayed by your script will be inside the script, so translation is only possible by altering the script itself. Maybe the only text You use for it, is the name of the fab shown up in the shipyard, so you could think, a t-file would be wasted.
But you have created also other scripts, why not use one language file for all of them. This would make it easier to igve your script a broader audience. Think of all the non-english X3 players :wink:

Just an idea, it's up to You :)
proud to be ***modified*** ;)

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 10. Sep 07, 00:52

LuckyKnight wrote:Thats cool. Spaceflies are really needed. For the Hunters, Cycrow has written a script, so You have wrote one for the Farmers :)

One thing: Your script uses no language file. This means, all text displayed by your script will be inside the script, so translation is only possible by altering the script itself. Maybe the only text You use for it, is the name of the fab shown up in the shipyard, so you could think, a t-file would be wasted.
But you have created also other scripts, why not use one language file for all of them. This would make it easier to igve your script a broader audience. Think of all the non-english X3 players :wink:

Just an idea, it's up to You :)
Hi LuckyKnight,
this script does not use any text in the script, so a text file is not required. The text shown for the station in the Shipyard is from the main games own text file, so it will automatically change to match the language used by the player. I think, not really sure. Does the game automatically change it's station names by itself if another language is used? I don't know. :D

LuckyKnight
x3

Post by LuckyKnight » Mon, 10. Sep 07, 21:29

Oh, I see, used name is in the original language files (but unused by vanilla) It should be displayed in the installed language of x3, cause you're referencing in your script only to a text id. So all is ok and you dont nee a t-file of your own (atm) :)
Keep up the good work :)
proud to be ***modified*** ;)

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Mon, 10. Sep 07, 21:41

there is already a spacfly farm in XTM. So adding this script might cause some problems for XTM users.

just fair warning.
Please fix the AI Egosoft! I'm sick of losing ships(doesn't matter what class) when they fly into what they are attacking! This occurs even if the object is stationary and doesn't have any protrusions.(Like a pirate base) It's just sad, and it totally ruins the entire concept of the series!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 10. Sep 07, 23:30

I haven't installed, used or played the XTM mod and don't use any mods, so I couldn't tell you if there could be a conflict with it or not. I know it works fine in the non-plot game starts of vanilla game. That's all I care about. I am not going to code for possible Mod compatibility too. :D

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 16. Oct 07, 07:36

nice to see this, i think i may download just in case i start playing again, the stories about spaceflies mention nostrop as a foodstuff, so i was actually wondering if this would be a good rescource too, as 3k per unit profit, if its got a small time scale to make could be a little much
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

killuminati-ita

Post by killuminati-ita » Tue, 16. Oct 07, 11:33

ouch wrote:there is already a spacfly farm in XTM. So adding this script might cause some problems for XTM users.
Really m8?? I'm playing XTM since it's new release and never found one of those station, not even on sale in any shipyards.. :?
Where did you find the spacefly farm?

THX! :)
E POI IL PYTHON E' SGRAVO!! ^^

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Tue, 16. Oct 07, 12:28

ouch wrote:there is already a spacfly farm in XTM. So adding this script might cause some problems for XTM users.
I've never seen it. It is not for sale in any of the shipyards either.

This script will work with XTM, but when the station chooses what resources it requires, teladianium and rastar oil are required in addition to e-cells and scruffin fruits. - Thats how it works in my game, anyway.

mccabp
x3

Post by mccabp » Thu, 22. May 08, 02:21

hey, i have installed this script and it just seems to need e-cells and produce... nothing!lol...

I have:
Bail Signal Extension
EMP
LVs Cheats
Race Invasions
Race Response Fleets
Salvage Claim Software
Xenon Migration

currently running as well...

any help?
'Its called GREAT Britain for a reason, not Mediocre of Half-way Britain, GREAT, and you should think yourself bloody lucky to have been let in u kiwi!' - 'Yes sir...' - Mr. Gillard telling one of his foreign students the advantage of bein British

mccabp
x3

Post by mccabp » Thu, 22. May 08, 02:23

ooops!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

needed to let it set up...lol...

my bad!

and many thanks for the ace scripts! =D
'Its called GREAT Britain for a reason, not Mediocre of Half-way Britain, GREAT, and you should think yourself bloody lucky to have been let in u kiwi!' - 'Yes sir...' - Mr. Gillard telling one of his foreign students the advantage of bein British

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Sun, 13. Jul 08, 23:53

I would very much like to link up the spacefly farm with a scruffin farm in a complex, but the lack of complex joints on the model makes this impossible. I wonder: can the game/script somehow be edited so the spacefly farm uses another factory model that can be linked up?

Thanks.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 00:42

Install X3 Cheat Scripts v1.4 to change a factories product,

Once it is installed, select the factory's whose product you want to change. Choose the Command Console to bring up the stations command. Click on one of the empty slots to bring up a menu. It is the "change product" command you want. Press "Enter" to start the command.

You have to select the station first. Then you have to select "spaceflies" then choose up to 3 wares that you may want make the spaceflies from, otherwise press "enter" on "unknown" 3 times.

Later, MBD.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 01:01

I'm not sure I get it.
How will this make my (already deployed) factory linkable?

Or are you suggesting I spawn another factory, make it as if it was the spacefly farm, kill off the existing farm and pretend it never was there?

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 04:11

Meltdown wrote:Or are you suggesting I spawn another factory, make it as if it was the spacefly farm, kill off the existing farm and pretend it never was there?
Sorry about that. Yes, deploy a new factory and change its products with cheat script 1.4.

Personally I use Ore Mines because they are cheap.

Later, MBD.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 06:15

I tried, but the ware quantities are off and I get an "unidentified" primary resource.

Oh well, it seems to work well enough as it is. I set it in Tharka's Sun, so both primary resources are nearby and lots of food factories are at most two jumps away. It has a Mercury bringing in ECs, one bringing in Scruffins and a M5 selling the spaceflies. Choosing a fast ship as the seller was a good idea, since it turns out there's a pirate station 5 jumps away which just can't get enough spaceflies and keeps buying at maximum price.

Profitssssss!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”