What ship uses mining laser?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

subzero22
x3ap

What ship uses mining laser?

Post by subzero22 » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 10:12

What ship can I get that can use a mining laser so I can collect rocks?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm playing X3

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: What ship uses mining laser?

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 10:32

subzero22 wrote:What ship can I get that can use a mining laser so I can collect rocks?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm playing X3
Check
Mobile Mining Guide for answer.
This also may be useful to you (exact names of mining ships).

By Bunny:
"The word miner simply indicates that the ship has an ore collector, special commands software and mineral scanner pre-installed. "

So, you can buy any TS ship with neccesary software and equipment to mine rocks.

subzero22
x3ap

Post by subzero22 » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 11:25

What I meant to ask is wich ship uses the mobile drilling system. sorry for the confusion.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 11:28

subzero22 wrote:What I meant to ask is wich ship uses the mobile drilling system. sorry for the confusion.
"The Vulture will install the mining laser. Also I believe the Caiman-if you're lucky, the Caiman may even be able to mount it as a frontal weapon, making the process of mining less agonisingly slow and frustrating. "
"family pride shipyard sells caiman miner"
" The Paranid also sell minner's. P.Prime. "

The following ships can use this laser (Argonopedia):

"Mammoth (TL)
Orca (TL)
Hercules (TL)
Demeter (TS)
Elephant (TL)
Caiman (TS)
Albatross (TL)
Vulture (TS)"

The 1.4.02 update for X³:
"M6 class ships can install the Mobile Drilling System (suitable for mobile mining!)."

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 12. Sep 07, 00:21

Note that the mining laser is only required if you're breaking up the giant asteroids that show up on the sector map. All other rocks can be broken up by normal lasers, all the way from Alpha IRE's to Gamma PPC's. The smaller the laser the better, since you get less waste that way. My favorite is the Alpha Kyon Emitter, but you need a special ship for that. My second fav is the Concussion Impulse Generator, due to its long range. But it's all personal preference. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”