passenger tour missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franswa

passenger tour missions

Post by Franswa » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 21:51

in passenger tour missions what make them excited to give me more money

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 21:55

They see Pirate sector, or Xenon sector, or Spaceflies. I have a feeling that there was some other attraction too, but cannot remember.

I prefer taking them to fully populated X472. :roll:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 21:56

Let's see. Going to Xenon or pirate sectors. Seeing spaceflies. Seeing lots of different sectors. Just some things I can think of right now. I haven't done one in a long time, so I'm probably forgetting a bunch of others.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BeerGoblin

Post by BeerGoblin » Fri, 14. Sep 07, 21:57

[Edit: beaten to it :p]

I haven't done one yet but I think:

Spaceflies
Xenon sectors (maybe pirate?)
Fighting (perhaps)

But I also think it depends on the amount of sectors you visit however the amount of time you spend there is irrelavant so you could visit it for a few seconds and then move on.

Also never use your jumpdrive reduces payout but a fair amount I think

Hope that helps
Beer

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 02:53

Using your jump drives drops your fee a LOT%. I was offered 200k per sector once and used my jumpdrive. I even jumped into a Xenon sector but when I got back they only paid 20k.

Cardo
x3tc

Post by Cardo » Sat, 6. Oct 07, 22:38

How big a ship do you need to do the tour. I've tried it with my Iguana Vanguard and the always say that I haven't got enough space!

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 6. Oct 07, 23:12

What does it mean to see spaceflies? do you have to target spaceflies? fly to a certain distance?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 7. Oct 07, 06:30

Just have them buzz the ship and you'll hear a "ding".

I've seen one tour mission offered paying 10M per sector. Course it wouldn't let me run that one with a pandora tuned Manta hauler (241m/s).

The 400k per sector ones brings in about 5M for 30 minutes flying around in the same ship.

If your not willing, or don't have access to, the pandora tuneings for the TP a Spacefly powered AB helps getting across the larger sectors. Have to pick the right systems to use it due to it's cooldown.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 13:02

Cardo wrote:How big a ship do you need to do the tour. I've tried it with my Iguana Vanguard and the always say that I haven't got enough space!
It depends on the tour - you need to be able to fit all the passngers in (well, obviously).

Unfortunately there's no way to tell without trying to accept the mission. Personally I find a Toucan Hauler is a decent compromise between cargo and speed.

Some guidance (although it's somewhat out-of-date).

ProteusMST

Post by ProteusMST » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 13:14

À nice thing to have are the afterburners from the Bonus pack, as, unlike the Jump Drive they won´t decrease your profits (and get you through sectors very fast).

jubjuby3
x3tc

Post by jubjuby3 » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 13:22

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Cardo wrote:How big a ship do you need to do the tour. I've tried it with my Iguana Vanguard and the always say that I haven't got enough space!
It depends on the tour - you need to be able to fit all the passngers in (well, obviously).

Unfortunately there's no way to tell without trying to accept the mission. Personally I find a Toucan Hauler is a decent compromise between cargo and speed.

Some guidance (although it's somewhat out-of-date).
Now correct me if im wrong but i thought you needed cargo life support system to be able to do the missions :?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 13:35

jubjuby3 wrote:Now correct me if im wrong but i thought you needed cargo life support system to be able to do the missions :?
Not for a TP - which is basically a bus.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 13:38

Oddly enough, no - off-hand I think the only thing that actually needs CLS is picking up floating astronauts.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 14:08

Tour mission requires a TP. TP is a "Personnel Transport". It is assumed to have a built-in Life Support system (and comfy chairs, despite what Mi-Ton yelled). Hardcoded, so it does not show anywhere, unlike the X3 style "built-in upgrades" do.

But you can ferry lone passengers with any ship, whether you have extra suit or not. I just wonder how you stuff two persons into Arrow or Jaguar. :roll:

ReggieReddog
x3

Post by ReggieReddog » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 17:23

jlehtone wrote: But you can ferry lone passengers with any ship, whether you have extra suit or not. I just wonder how you stuff two persons into Arrow or Jaguar. :roll:
Like on a motorcycle: one person straddles the other. :lol:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 22:53

jlehtone wrote: But you can ferry lone passengers with any ship, whether you have extra suit or not. I just wonder how you stuff two persons into Arrow or Jaguar. :roll:
Try ejecting from an Arrow or a Jaguar and then park your spacesuit next to the ship--you'll probably find they're a lot larger than you think they are.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 23:44

jlehtone wrote:...
But you can ferry lone passengers with any ship, whether you have extra suit or not. I just wonder how you stuff two persons into Arrow or Jaguar. :roll:
I'm guessing in the 'Throne Room', you know, where there's always plenty of reading material to keep them occupied. :wink: It also saves on having to clean all that regurgitated Scruffin Fruit off your command console from some motion-sick Split. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 19:32

Ah, rememeber the cockpits from X2. they were big. Mercury ships got an extra seat on the right side. :D

Dont know about the arrow or N though. arrow probably got space in the glove compartment.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”