Disruptor Missile Fab ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Woundweaver
x3

Disruptor Missile Fab ??

Post by Woundweaver » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 20:30

I`m playing missions at the moment and have just got the plans for the Disruptor Missile fab in Olmancketes Treaty. Am now going to see Paranid. Anyway i just wanted to know if now that i have plans would i be able to build my own Diruptor Missile fab ?? If so where do i buy or how do i build it ?? Thanks.
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

Rilder
x3tc

Post by Rilder » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 20:32

Nope afaik, and even if you could theres really no use for disruptors AFAIK, they never seem to help me in combat more then a mosquito does.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Your average planet has a fair degree of stopping power.

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 20:39

XTM has disrupter missile fabs in yaki territory.

but disrupters work great against m5's, they kill them in one shot, and are fast enough to actually track and hit them.
Please fix the AI Egosoft! I'm sick of losing ships(doesn't matter what class) when they fly into what they are attacking! This occurs even if the object is stationary and doesn't have any protrusions.(Like a pirate base) It's just sad, and it totally ruins the entire concept of the series!

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 21:33

Those missiles are very nice for tagging a M5 at long range. Like when you are on a assassian mission that pays over 2M credits. If you are lucky enough to start the mission in the same system as your mark one disruptor will win the mission right off.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Sep 07, 21:43

I tend to keep a few in my cargo bay for that purpose. They're great M5 killers. They'll also take a hell of a bite out of M4s as well.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 03:07

Disruptor missiles, one of my three standard missile types, along with Mosquitos (for missile defense) and Tempests for the larger ships. Disruptors. Don't leave home without 'em. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rolfness
x3tc

Post by rolfness » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 12:36

Ya I asked this question a while back and its a nono.. bloody shame.. I wonder if it can be added as a script..
If the world didnt suck we'd all fly off into space...

Rilder
x3tc

Post by Rilder » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 12:39

fud wrote:I tend to keep a few in my cargo bay for that purpose. They're great M5 killers. They'll also take a hell of a bite out of M4s as well.
Really? I use them all the time (cause the randomly drop here and there) and they never seem to do any damage.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Your average planet has a fair degree of stopping power.

rolfness
x3tc

Post by rolfness » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 12:42

I "farm" disruptors from pirates and Xenon nowdays, and I only use them on M4 and M5. I use Silkworms on M3
If the world didnt suck we'd all fly off into space...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 14:44

Rilder wrote: Really? I use them all the time (cause the randomly drop here and there) and they never seem to do any damage.

A single Disruptor will wipe out most/all M5s. M4s will take a couple of them, maybe three. They're pointless on M3s, unless you happen to be shooting one at a Falcon. Anything with a turret will snipe them.

An M3 would take quite a few to kill it though. You'd be better off lobbing a few tempests/t-bolts at one (provided it has no turret). :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”