STAR TREK SHIPS [Combined]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

defiant1
x4

STAR TREK SHIPS [Combined]

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 25. Sep 07, 06:29

SEE LAST PAGE FOR CURRENT LINKS TO APPROPRIATE TOPICS
Last edited by defiant1 on Thu, 2. Apr 09, 22:35, edited 3 times in total.
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 18:16

Please note that thies are ONLY the startrek ships, the star wars ones are still in originial post!!!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 18:36

Nice one, defiant. :)

Will you be doing the same for the SW ships? Giving them their own easy-to-find thread?

And may I make a humble suggestion....

...Sticky-ing? :)

I reckon it'd be nice if prolific ship builders, or ship "mythologies" each had stickies of their own.

Just an idea. :)

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 20:11

If more SW ships are out thier I may do the same (if thiers enough to do so)

ATTENTION: At this current time thier is a minor conflict with both sets of ships which is being worked on, if you wish to use thies ships you will ONLY be able to use one set at a time (IE If you want to use MM's ships you wont be able to use Kris's ships and vice versia) this should be fixed soon!

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 00:23

Hey MM did u manage to resolve the "conflicts" between your ships and kris's ships?

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 07:33

# never mind i found the problem, and another small one :(

[[I am having quite a problem with these ships as you can see in the attached pic, they are all black and its happening to all the ships in this thread i would have asked the people who made them but its happening to both modders ships (i tried them sepretly so i know its not a conflict) and its not happening with any of the other peoples ships i have tried.

[ external image ]

I am also running XTM so it might have something to do with that.]]

# it turns out i had managed to leave the type 6 shutle turned on :oops:
the same also happens unsurprisingly with the raven and logistics shuttle, i don't suppose there is a way to get them to work with XTM?

and my new small hinderence the fact that the voyager ship wont let any ships dock even tho it says it can dock 3 there also is 2 small cubes in its docking bay that i am sure should not be there...
Last edited by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo on Mon, 1. Oct 07, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 08:13

Make sure you have Texture Quality and Shader Quality both set to minimum of "Medium" also (the following is all optionial but recommended) tick "more dynamic lights", "ship color variations", "glow enabled"

Depending on your vid card it may not display them properly (color wise), for example my desktop pc gives me nice high quality colors for voyager, however my laptop the same ship (voyager) is a real dark blue (almost black in color). Its possible it is your vid card, but I would (if you have a second PC avable use it instead of messing with your game on your main machine u use for it) install X3, CY's plugin manager (look in my sig for link) and try the ships one at a time and see if you get same problem

also What color does it look like? IE: a dark blue/black? or is it a straight up "no textures" black? or what?

x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 08:20

i found the problem (look up, i edited my post) it was the fact that i forgot to turn off one of the incompatible ships when i was testing :oops:

thanks

EDIT:

UGH its back again! Now random ships i try go black, at first i thought you might be on to something with the graphics but its not it my card runs the game fine on full, its drivers are up to date (i even tried wiping them and using older ones) also my cards temp is fine so i know its not overheating.

However i did find a patten whenever i try in un-installing one of the ships that has got messed up cycrows plugin manager says it found a problem and crashes, normally i would think the ships xsp is broken but as its randomly happening i am pretty sure the plugin manager is what's not working right
:D however that's nothing i can fix :( or even find out how its going wrong :cry:

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 18:05

Does it give you an error like "thier was a problem writing to the mod" (or somthin like that)? if yes then you will need to select all ships and uninstall them then try reinstalling them one by one (also MAKE SURE the ships have "XTM compadible" next to them, at the moment Kris's ships are NOT XTM compliant"

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 18:24

@THE_BIG_FISH:Leo: To me it looks like you have two errors. The problem with the ships appearing black is that it looks like the textures are not being added to the mod file when they are being installed.

If you have any of Doubleshadows X3 mod manager tools installed (See the tutorials + resources thread at the top of the modding forum), you can add them quite easily. You would first need to extract the files in the Intrepid.xsp - You can do this by opening the ShipCreator tool that comes with the ShipInstaller and clicking on extract, then selecting the ship.

This will extract all of the files that are needed. You then need to find where you have extracted all of the .dds files to. Now open your ShipCreator.cat file in X3 REUNION\mods directory (or the file that you add install of your ships to) and drag-and-drop all of the .dds files into it. When the text box asks you for a path name, type dds and click on enter. That will add the texture files and hopefully fix the problem with the ship being black.

For the second problem you need to download and install this file AFTER you install any of my ships (it should fix the problem):
http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/publ ... X3M_01.xsp
NOTE: If you ever install any of my ships, always run this after doing so. It will fix the docking errors!

Unfortunately if you install any of Kris's ships and my ships together right now you might have docking problems. I will try and fix this as soon as I can and add a download link to this page.

Thx
MM

x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 20:12

Thanks for your help :) it looks like i might get this fixed after all :D and the docking problem is hardly much of a problem :P last time i checked egosoft left some far worse ones in the game when it came out :wink:

Jason_A

Post by Jason_A » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 19:23

Has anyone created (or imported/converted someone else's) a Constitution Refit (1701-A) for use in X3? Its always been my personal favorite, and I can't imagine a star trek mod without one.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 20:39

Thier was one that I had, however I dumped it due to it being "lesser" quality then I wanted (it didnt behave as it needed to either)

Jason_A

Post by Jason_A » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 20:52

I'm new to the X series games, but I've been a modeler for years (professionally). I'm thinking about making one for the game, but I don't want to waste my time with it if its already been done, I just want to fly my favorite ship.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 21:12

hey the more we can get on this project the faster they can roll out the assembly line :D and no you can make one cus I think the first one is no longer avabible (i tryed to search for it and found nothing)

I suggest you get with megrethern monkey and use the same docking setup he uses for his ships to keep them compadible with yourse and vice versia

Jason_A

Post by Jason_A » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 21:23

aah ok right on. I don't know squat about modding or importing models into X3. I'm just a 3d artist and trekkie :) Is there a modeling forum or place where people can post questions? (Ie whats the poly count for cap ships?) Its seems like this forum is more for scripting than modeling topics...

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 23:22

Hi Jason_A

I recently wrote a guide which might be a little help, it doesn't go into the actual modelling of ships but it might help you figure out how to take a ship that you've made and export it into the game.

The link is here:
http://web.omnidrive.com/APIServer/publ ... eunion.rar

Also, there are some good guides in the Tutorials + Resources thread.

I haven't had time to have a go at making a Constitution Refit yet, I just haven't had the time recently. :cry:

MM

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 13. Oct 07, 03:43

Hey MM i suggest u get with him and send him your docking models so that way your ships and what ever he makes will remain compadible...same for kris

Jason_A

Post by Jason_A » Sat, 13. Oct 07, 06:21

Thanks MM for that document, its very well laid out and clearly written - sweet work man!

I don't use 3ds max, so I might just download the freebie trial when I'm done with the model just do get it game ready. I use Maya for all my stuff, do you know if there are any plugins/translators compiled for it for use with X3?

I already have a hi poly version of the COnnie-refit, but I don't think the game engine will be able to handle it, so I think I'm going to remodel it. Can you guys advise me on a poly (in triangles, not n-gons) count the game engine can handle and still play well?

cheers guys. By the way is there a forum for ship modeling, or does anyone care about that? Ie I guess most people just want the finished product :)

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 13. Oct 07, 06:24

ive seen some high poly models used b4...altho my system is ment to handel the load so im not sure how lower systems will run them (altho my laptop seemes to run it deciently altho visual settings are on medium to low to compensate)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”