Getting PHQ does it matter which *spoilers*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

herocrafter
x4

Getting PHQ does it matter which *spoilers*

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 00:44

You need to provide a trading station to get the PHQ but does the race of the trading station matter in the final docking configuration of the PHQ? If I get the Argon TS one will my PHQ have those rotating wings?

{Title amended and spoiler warning added - esd}

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 00:46

They specifically request an Argon trading station.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 00:49

Oops :oops: I read that message but I guess my mind must of skipped over the argon part... Anyway, thanks esd!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 03:31

PHQ with rotating wings ? :gruebel:

mayan
x3tc

Post by mayan » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 03:41

It appears he hasn't seen one before, so he's naturally assumed that the PHQ will look like the Trading Station. As the Argon Trading Station has the rotating arms....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 03:43

:lol:

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 04:40

:D

No, I never got around to getting one before and my VERY first thought when I got the message was "Gods I hope I don't have to get the damn Argon one and have my ships orash into it's wings (arms)" and almost the next instant I thought "hmmm there may be even a cheeper TS" then I remembered that the TS's had different docking configurations and I .... panicked. But thanks to you guys I've been set on the straight and narrow again. :D

An other way to say it is I had a brain fart :P

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 04:46

Oh, I see where your coming from. You supply a Trading station that forms the heart of the new PHQ, and thus looks and attacks ships the same as a trading station does. Never thought of that, but now you mention it, one might assume that at the time :)

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 05:08

Yes one may assume it if one didn't read the message, and understand, that they really do ask for the damn Argon one. I have no excuse. I read it and all those things I said prior went though my head at the same time and I forgot the heart of the msg was to get an Argon TS. Hence, brain fart. :D

As an aside, far aside. I have to admit I've played lots of games in my days and only a few have really had a strangle hold on me. X3 is one of 'em. I may leave it for a spell or longer yet, but still it draws me back. A computer upgrade and "hmmm wonder what X3 looks like now" or just a lack of refreshing or stimulating games (railroad - I like railroad games that aren't cartoonish) but mostly its the forums. X3 has quite the dedicated core the likes of which I haven't seen since playing a mud called DragonRealms. And for that I thank you. The moderators, the scripters. the guide writers, the compulsive posters.

But hey I'm thirsty now. And there is a pint or two in town w/ my name on it. <waves>

Rilder
x3tc

Post by Rilder » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 11:49

I actually quite like the argon trading station, its fun to fly through as fast as possible, if I get an arrow I'l be sure to take a flight through at top speed. :P Also You can use the 7 docking/undocking areas to hide in during attacks without actually docking. :lol:
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Your average planet has a fair degree of stopping power.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”