Odd Glitch with Multiple Ion Disruptors

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mazryonh
x3tc

Odd Glitch with Multiple Ion Disruptors

Post by Mazryonh » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 02:28

Whenever I try to fire more than one Ion Disruptor on my fighter, the lightning effect becomes invisible for some strange reason. There's no effect on the damage or the propensity to lock on to the nearest target or the "chain lightning capabilities" but the lightning is still invisible to me in all views except the target view (which is the only way, aside from draining shields) I can tell whether it's hitting my desired target.

I'm running a 2.4 GHz processor, with an Nvidia 6600 GT video card, along with 1 GB of RAM.

Can anyone help me? I would like to be able to fire more than one Ion Disruptor at a time and still see where the lightning is going.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 09:22

Unfortunately this is a flaw in the game engine that happens for everybody--there's nothing you can do about it.

Mazryonh
x3tc

Post by Mazryonh » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 22:37

Really? Not even the various ingenious modders to be found here can fix this vexing problem?

I'm very surprised that this wasn't caught during Quality Assurance, or even been addressed in a patch. They didn't even cover this up by limiting them to one disruptor per turret/laser facing.

Well, I guess this means that if I use a Disruptor, I might as well put a CIG on the opposite mount, since I like mounting weapons in pairs and in its current state the Ion Disruptor is best used by itself. Too bad that combo costs 35 cargo space alone, which is bad for fighters and makes the Ion Disruptor useless against capital ships.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”