[X2] Delaying the Khaak invasion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryten
x4

[X2] Delaying the Khaak invasion.

Post by Kryten » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 13:10

I couldn't find the post on the subject as it was a few years ago I read it but I remember there was a way to stop the Khaak from showing up.

I seem to remember it involved things like staying clear of BT by a few sectors, not advancing the plot beyond a certain point and something about not building stations.

Anyone know the exact details?
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

KarlHemmings
x4

Re: [X2] Delaying the Khaak invasion.

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 14:04

Kryten wrote:I seem to remember it involved things like staying clear of BT by a few sectors, not advancing the plot beyond a certain point and something about not building stations.

Still playing x2.
I do not know the exact details as I saw several methods, tried each at various times and none seemed to work. Anyway from my notes.

Stay at least two jumps away from PE.
Go to CBSW and meet with the Gooners, but do not follow the instructions. As a reward you get a puppy to keep.
I have a note saying do not build more than two factories, it has a red line through it and a rude word written beside it.

One sure way is to enter PE and never leave the sector.

To be honest I never seriously tried to delay the start of the invasion, the game is more interesting for it.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 14:41

KarlHemmings wrote:
To be honest I never seriously tried to delay the start of the invasion, the game is more interesting for it.
You are right. I remember the humble days in X2. 1 Mercury, 1x5mj shield and a big cluster jumping at less than 5 km. No jumpdrive. Prepare to change your trousers. He he, good old days...
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 14:48

cezarip wrote:
KarlHemmings wrote:
You are right. I remember the humble days in X2. 1 Mercury, 1x5mj shield and a big cluster jumping at less than 5 km. No jumpdrive. Prepare to change your trousers. He he, good old days...
I was mobile mining in Pontifexs Realm last night - I had broken up a roid and was collecting the silicon, I really needed that pay day. A cluster jumped in right beside me, do I run or do I stay. The cluster had not split up so I stayed collecting my silicon. The cluster moved off. Got all the silicon and flew out of sector whilst keeping a close eye on the carnage going on around me.... fun.

Edit
And for Kryten linky 2004 so I would guess that this is pre 1.4 and so may not be reliable.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 15:13

Thanks, thats what i was looking for, just wanted a little extra time to make a small fleet before I let them invade :wink:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 15:23

KarlHemmings wrote:
cezarip wrote:
KarlHemmings wrote:
I was mobile mining in Pontifexs Realm last night - I had broken up a roid and was collecting the silicon, I really needed that pay day. A cluster jumped in right beside me, do I run or do I stay. The cluster had not split up so I stayed collecting my silicon. The cluster moved off. Got all the silicon and flew out of sector whilst keeping a close eye on the carnage going on around me.... fun.

Edit
And for Kryten linky 2004 so I would guess that this is pre 1.4 and so may not be reliable.
Yeah, in X3 (I suppose you were playing it) the clusters seem more "civilized". They do let you alone in most of the cases (if they did not split up) even if you are close. In X2 they were more aggressive, or so I believe.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 15:51

You can delay it by not going anywhere near PE.

But eventually, the invasion will happen anyway (about 2 days max from memory). After that, you can also delay the effects of Khaak ships appearing in your sectors by not viewing the cut scene of the attack on PE until after you actually see a live ship. But again, if you do nothing it eventually all happens anyway.

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 18:18

You can delay the Khaak Invasion of President's End indefinitely in X2.

Do not enter any sector within 3 jumps of Brennan's Triumph except for President's End.

DO NOT ENTER any of the following sectors in a ship that you are flying:
Farnham's Legend
Bala Gi's Joy
Elena's Fortune
Olmancketslat's Treaty
Split Fire
Brennan's Triumph
Priest Rings
Priest Pity
Danna's Chance
Nopileo's Memorial
Hatikvah's Faith
Emperors Ridge

You can fly your own ship into President's End without triggering the Khaak entry into the Game.

You can send ships that you own into these sectors without triggering the invasion. This allows you to remotely trade with stations in the sectors around Brennan's Triumph.

I wanted to see what the triggers for the Khaak Invasion were, as there were a lot of conflicting theories/ideas/suggestions put forward.

The only trigger that I could find was the entry by the player into any of the sectors listed above.
You can complete the plot up until you are asked to find Brennan's Triumph.

In one of my X2 trading games I delayed the invasion for over 130 days.

parameter
x3tc

Post by parameter » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 18:22

Kryten wrote:I couldn't find the post on the subject as it was a few years ago I read it but I remember there was a way to stop the Khaak from showing up.

I seem to remember it involved things like staying clear of BT by a few sectors, not advancing the plot beyond a certain point and something about not building stations.

I thought it was a case of turning the computer off

:lol:
veneratio supernus omni

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 18:34

Afterburnerz wrote:You can delay the Khaak Invasion of President's End indefinitely in X2.

Do not enter any sector within 3 jumps of Brennan's Triumph except for President's End.

DO NOT ENTER any of the following sectors in a ship that you are flying:
Farnham's Legend
Bala Gi's Joy
Elena's Fortune
Olmancketslat's Treaty
Split Fire
Brennan's Triumph
Priest Rings
Priest Pity
Danna's Chance
Nopileo's Memorial
Hatikvah's Faith
Emperors Ridge

You can fly your own ship into President's End without triggering the Khaak entry into the Game.

You can send ships that you own into these sectors without triggering the invasion. This allows you to remotely trade with stations in the sectors around Brennan's Triumph.

I wanted to see what the triggers for the Khaak Invasion were, as there were a lot of conflicting theories/ideas/suggestions put forward.

The only trigger that I could find was the entry by the player into any of the sectors listed above.
You can complete the plot up until you are asked to find Brennan's Triumph.

In one of my X2 trading games I delayed the invasion for over 130 days.
There's one other condition which precedes the above. You have to do the first two missions and then visit Noah in the Goner Temple. If you let the first two missions expire, the Kha'ak will immediately appear. Of course, as a result of not triggering the Kha'ak, you get Brett following you all around the universe until you do. Hope you like annoying little twits tagging along. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 19:28

ah, yes I remember now, perhaps I'll use him to map some of the universe, :wink:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 20:20

Kryten wrote:ah, yes I remember now, perhaps I'll use him to map some of the universe, :wink:
:lol: Yeah, I used to play a game with him, jumping to the far side of the universe and seeing how long it took him to find me after I wandered around a bit. Poor guy ended up with 0% hull after several trips through Xenon sectors. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 08:17

Nanook wrote
Of course, as a result of not triggering the Kha'ak, you get Brett following you all around the universe until you do. Hope you like annoying little twits tagging along.
Yes! I tried to lose him as often as possible.

However, the bloody twit was useful early in the game in Xenon sectors as he drew a lot of the the fire from Xenon Ks. Brett gallantly flew down the opposite side of the Ks as he knew my ship was nowhere near as strong as his 'Uber Discoverer'.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 13:13

Do I have to stay at harmless? Can't seem to remember having to stick to that rule. Have capped about 30 ships so far but its a pain having to reload when a ship won't give because I can't ruin the harmless rep.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 13:23

I dont think your rep has anything to do with it :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”