Start Avarice Auction Early?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poobah
x3tc

Start Avarice Auction Early?

Post by Poobah » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 17:00

I was wondering, is there any way to start the Avarice Auction early/get it to the point where the player can bid early?

I'm getting a tad impatient, but I really don't wanna leave seta on to pass the time and so trash my combat rank with it. I mean I know there are plenty of things I could do to pass the time, but I find myself dragging my feet till I've got a sector of my own to start some serious production in.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 17:31

I don't know if you can start it early, but it may not be a good idea to place
a bid too early.

Every time you place your bid the RNG determines whether you get it or
not. If not, the price goes up. So if luck is not on your side you may end
up paying quite a bit over the 615m starting bid.

But you could always reload until you get it, if you like that sort of thing.

I have always assumed the auction is triggered after a certain number of
game-days, but I have no hard evidence for this.

Dutchman
x2

Post by Dutchman » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 17:43

TBV wrote:I don't know if you can start it early, but it may not be a good idea to place a bid too early.

Every time you place your bid the RNG determines whether you get it or
not. If not, the price goes up. So if luck is not on your side you may end
up paying quite a bit over the 615m starting bid.
To me it looks as if the point to where they accapt your offer is complete random. I placed my bid as soon as it was presented at 615m and got it for that price. I then saved and tried again after loading my previoius save but that time my first bit wasn't accepted :?
Of corse I reloaded my latest save and went from there, owning my personal sector, but that was allready some time ago.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 17:50

If it's near the end of the auction, then there is not much time for the
price to get that high.

I had to pay over a billion once. If I'm going to bid, I try and do it as close
as I dare to game-day 25. The cheapest I've ever got it for is 715 IIRC.

I am under the impression that you cannot lose the auction, provided that
you make a bid before it closes. Please correct me if you know better.

Dutchman
x2

Post by Dutchman » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 21:48

TBV wrote:If it's near the end of the auction, then there is not much time for the price to get that high.

I had to pay over a billion once. If I'm going to bid, I try and do it as close
as I dare to game-day 25. The cheapest I've ever got it for is 715 IIRC.

I am under the impression that you cannot lose the auction, provided that
you make a bid before it closes. Please correct me if you know better.
I agree with you that you propably can't lose the auction as long as you do the bid before closing time. I read somewhere on the forum though that when you're to late there will be a second chance later in the game and the sector will be auctioned again, I haven't seen this myself though.

I don't know if the moment of bidding has anything to do with the price you eventualy have to pay, I just made my first bidding of 615m and got it shortly after for 615m.
When I tried again with the older savegame my first bid of 615m wasn't accepted but I didn't go any further to see at what bidding I actualy would get the sector that time.
I just went on with the game plus my own sector, not that I do much with it though, I allready had a nice proffitable empire. I'm more busy now using the proffits for waging battle with the Xenon and stuff :)
Maybe later I'll put up some factories there.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Tue, 30. Oct 07, 17:30

I read somewhere on the forum though that when you're to late there will be a second chance later in the game and the sector will be auctioned again, I haven't seen this myself though.
X3ReadMe2.0.02.rtf (found it in the X3 installation directory) states:

"The auction for the sector Avarice has been re-balanced and will restart for those who missed their chance to claim that sector."

It's in the "Fixes" section for the 2.0.01 patch, so it's official.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Start Avarice Auction Early?

Post by Nanook » Tue, 30. Oct 07, 17:58

mufassa wrote:I was wondering, is there any way to start the Avarice Auction early/get it to the point where the player can bid early?

I'm getting a tad impatient, but I really don't wanna leave seta on to pass the time and so trash my combat rank with it. I mean I know there are plenty of things I could do to pass the time, but I find myself dragging my feet till I've got a sector of my own to start some serious production in.
So, why don't you just start building there early? Putting factories in Avarice won't affect the auction one way or another. So once you've won the bidding, your new sector will already be up and running. And if you're short on cash (other than the bid amount), then use the time to make more so you can afford your factories and complexes.

Some people are just soooo impatient. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 30. Oct 07, 19:41

ivak wrote:
I read somewhere on the forum though that when you're to late there will be a second chance later in the game and the sector will be auctioned again, I haven't seen this myself though.
X3ReadMe2.0.02.rtf (found it in the X3 installation directory) states:

"The auction for the sector Avarice has been re-balanced and will restart for those who missed their chance to claim that sector."

It's in the "Fixes" section for the 2.0.01 patch, so it's official.
it only restarts if you missed it in version 1.4 and then update to 2.0+

if you miss it in 2.0 it doesnt restart later.

Poobah
x3tc

Re: Start Avarice Auction Early?

Post by Poobah » Tue, 30. Oct 07, 20:15

Nanook wrote:
mufassa wrote:I was wondering, is there any way to start the Avarice Auction early/get it to the point where the player can bid early?

So, why don't you just start building there early? Putting factories in Avarice won't affect the auction one way or another. So once you've won the bidding, your new sector will already be up and running. And if you're short on cash (other than the bid amount), then use the time to make more so you can afford your factories and complexes.

Some people are just soooo impatient. :P :lol:
I was kinda worried that when I won the Auction and the name changes the inside of the sector would change, Morrowind style (a real PITA if you're playing Morrowind on Xbox and so don't have access to the console, to do with the new named cell being a totally different cell / interior to the old one, eep going off on a tangent again).

Assuming this is not the case I'll get right on to it!
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”