Hornet Missile Fab - selling problems

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Melter
x3tc

Hornet Missile Fab - selling problems

Post by Melter » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 12:08

Howdy, I have set up a Hornet outlet in Ore Belt (seemed like a reasonable idea for some reason), the problem is that a part of the factory out put fills the local requirements for the standard "sell ware" factory ship.

This means that the factory sits full of hornets waiting for the market to burn them all before it can re buy.
The nearest open buyer during this time raises to 21 jumps away - and it would appear that even though I have them set to 1 credit below average, the AI doesn't like them much.

Now obviously I can just haul them all manually to the nearest EQDock and flog the lot as I see fit, but obvioulsy this is going to be painful to keep remembering to do so.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions to help them sell automatically, or know if any of the extensions will get the factory to auto sell to EQDocks that don't have them listed in their inventory.

Thanks

jlehtone
x4

Re: Hornet Missile Fab - selling problems

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 12:36

Melter wrote:Does anyone have any helpful suggestions to help them sell automatically, or know if any of the extensions will get the factory to auto sell to EQDocks that don't have them listed in their inventory.
IMO, such automatic selling is an exploit. However, Station Manager 1.16b did have that "feature". 1.16b was included in Bonuspack 3.1.05. Later Bonuspack versions contain the "fixed" SM 1.17.

This question is likely to have a more proper answer in the S&M Forum.

Personally, I have a Commodity Logistics (Mk1) ship to haul the products automatically into a Mammoth. Then I manually sell from the Mammoth. "Acceptable exploit" in my game.

Additionally, I have a Commercial Agent ship that sells guns from central position (HQ, Avarice) to entire universe. That fills all EQ Docks that do stock guns/shields/missiles.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Melter
x3tc

Post by Melter » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 12:53

Ahh OK, so commodity Logistics allows you to haul automatically to a ship - I hadn't noticed that, that will do nicely I think.

Thanks

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”