SETA not going off when really needed

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AlphaTau

SETA not going off when really needed

Post by AlphaTau » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 20:09

My SETA likes to go off every single interference I can do, every single key I press, every single movement... but when a ship get ATTACKED and DESTROYED, it happily goes on :evil:

Do I miss some setting to check? Is it really this way?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 20:20

Yes, it is. Player input is what causes SETA to disengage. Or collision avoidance (usually). But if you use a mouse, you can happily access menus and such while flying and SETA will stay on. SETA will not generally disengage when you get fired upon, unless the attacker gets too close to you. What, you want the game to bail you out when you're not paying attention and get ambushed or something? :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 21:58

Nanook wrote:But if you use a mouse, you can happily access menus and such while flying and SETA will stay on.

*if* you right click first. Just thought I'd expand on that. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 23:12

Not me! I fly with a joystick, so if I right click first, it puts the mouse in flight mode. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 23:50

ditto

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 00:46

Therer are other circumstances in which SETA will deactivate - moving into range of an enemy ship for example.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 03:40

Carlo the Curious wrote:Therer are other circumstances in which SETA will deactivate - moving into range of an enemy ship for example.
SETA usually turns off for me if I get close to a gate, station, or asteriod. But I do agree that if you get attacked, SETA should turn off.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”