XBTF Total Conversion mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Would you like to relive the XBTF life or try it for the first time

YES!!!
84%
PLEASE, i would like to help
5%
Not really my thing, x3's better
12%

Total votes: 43

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

XBTF Total Conversion mod

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Tue, 6. Nov 07, 18:36

Xbtf Ressurection

Weblinks: Jobs:
  • Modellers [2 so far]
  • Scripters
  • Texture artists
  • GUI Editor
  • Cockpit Creator
  • Sound or music creators
  • Testers
  • Universe editor [Possibly a part time]
  • Other (Please tell me what you can do, which could help the mod)
Don't be shy.

Please could you email or MSN me at SSwamp_Trooper@hotmail.com if your interested or please reply here or you can pm me if you want.
Last edited by SSwamp_Trooper on Sat, 1. Dec 07, 17:31, edited 13 times in total.

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Tue, 6. Nov 07, 23:45

WOW, nice idea! But it gaines a lot work too...(for the ships...) How about putting an X-BTF storyline in it. It could be messages like scripts, or a medium-coded, you just have to paste thevideo, and soundfile from btf, and reprogram it---->i think its impossible, thou...but idea is idea. So good luck for it, than. Its a shame, that I cant create models...IIIIIpityIIIII

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 7. Nov 07, 10:19

repatomonor21 wrote:WOW, nice idea! But it gaines a lot work too...(for the ships...) How about putting an X-BTF storyline in it. It could be messages like scripts, or a medium-coded, you just have to paste thevideo, and soundfile from btf, and reprogram it---->i think its impossible, thou...but idea is idea. So good luck for it, than. Its a shame, that I cant create models...IIIIIpityIIIII
yeah i would love to putting the story line in, but i don't know how. that's why i need scripters.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 7. Nov 07, 15:34

I meantioned in my first post about the model that is nearly finished go here to find out how i am doing with it:
http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... 068&page=2

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 07:14

this would be great, I started the X-universe with X2 and never could find
a copy of Xgold. I would DL this in a heart beat.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 14:53

I just dunno if I'm hardcore enough to go back to BTF, all these free things you start off with like shields, guns, seta and so on have made me so soft :O
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 15:41

Ill help out with this, only issue is I dont have the originial game XBTF so im at a small disadvantage...but when it comes to testing things I usually can push things well beyond the breaking point and what not and I also can help come up with new ideas if needed (Ideas are one of the few things I don't run out of too often)...my motto should sum it up...

"if thier is a will then I know thiers a way...may be simple or it may be hard...but I DON'T CARE ILL FIND IT!"

so I guess I can head the beta test team (in-house) and help with thoes types of things...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 17:19

thanks for any help, sent a pm

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 19:27

is there anyway you can change the computers voice on x3?

jagji56
x3tc

Post by jagji56 » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 02:35

SSwamp_Trooper wrote:is there anyway you can change the computers voice on x3?
That by it self would be a cool mod.

Harlock776
x2

takes a long time

Post by Harlock776 » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 03:04

Oh man you guys with this xbtf stuff, well that was the first X game that I ever played and I got it when it first came out. I still have it and it's collecting dust nicely on my desk lol.

I played that game all the way through only once and even then I had to use a save game cheat so I could get better shields and guns etc. let me tell you guys that if you think X2 or X3 is too hard you have no idea how incredibly hard XBTF is to play and finish. Oh and to top it all off... what you get for beating the game is just rediculous. I won't spoil it for any of you that haven't played it yet but I almost broke some thing or another on my desk at the time when I finally beat the game and got that "reward" if you can call it that.

No jumpdrive, no scripts, no changing weapons outside of stations, can only fly one ship and really annoying missions that take forever to figure out is what you get with xbtf. The only things I miss from that game are the gunfire effects they were the best thing about the game. Similar effects almost made it into X2 but were left out after the beta for X2. I've tried to reactivate them for X2 but I don't think thats possible. I haven't played X3 yet so I don't know what the gunfire looks like in X3.

If you really must have some good ol xbtf feeling you might try making contact with rei ayanami he is a user in the german forums but seems to be MIA for a while now. He made some really great looking xenon and xtension ships for X2 a while back but nobody has heard from him since then.
Our mighty sovereign may she always go before us sailing brightly in the sea of black.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Re: takes a long time

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 16:33

Harlock776 wrote: If you really must have some good ol xbtf feeling you might try making contact with rei ayanami he is a user in the german forums but seems to be MIA for a while now. He made some really great looking xenon and xtension ships for X2 a while back but nobody has heard from him since then.
thanks, i will have a look

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 18:32

we also have a moddb page which helps promote the mod and hopefully we will get more help so that we can create this mod:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/10161/x-beyon ... surrection

All latest news on the mod we be on there.

Harlock776
x2

old stuff

Post by Harlock776 » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 19:30

Well I got bored lol so I dusted off my really old xbtf disc and I installed it just so I could unpack the game files and have a look around. I noticed that there isn't even a types folder or any types files. There is no cut folder either but it looks like all cut files live in the v folder with all the body files.

The only way to know what the types file for xbtf would look like is to find a way to view the object files in the l folder. Checkertwo found a way to do it and his page is linked somewhere around here. I would luv to know how those weapon effects were done expecially the original hept bolts since they seemed to expand a bit as they flew out further from the ship that fired them.
Our mighty sovereign may she always go before us sailing brightly in the sea of black.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 19:57

I Noticed the same setup on my original XBTF Disks when i tried to extract them.

Current progress on the Earth cruiser that i'm doing is around 75% and is being textured, once it is textured some pics will be added.

8)

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 21:39

Heres the first ship you should see, if we mange to do the story:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10161/x-beyon ... an-carrier
I think it is finished, just need to figure out how to get it in game :?

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 21:47

Nice, if ya manage to get it in game let me know I suck at it, not experienced enough probobly.

I'm struggling with the texuring on my own model a little, its making me pull my hair out with frustration. :evil: :lol: :?

I'll get there eventually..... Maybe

shadow

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Mon, 12. Nov 07, 10:07

I've tried the camaradummy way, i have exported the camara dummy and the engine fx ect. as a scene - that worked

do i export the mesh now?

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 17:00

Added list to first post:

Weblinks: More links to come

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 18:48

Btf.... That brings back good old memories... Until X-Tension when we lost everythin :(.
I'd be willing to help chuck some scripts into it when you know exactly what you want, though I can't remember the storyline of btf much.
I think rather than bringing back btf all in all, we should write our own, coinciding story, or maybe even stories.
Let me know.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”